Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Help with black tea

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by shazzy, 10 October 2008 Social URL.

1. shazzy

shazzy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am hoping you can all give me some advice, I am struggling with black tea :cry:anyone got any advice. What brand is the best, does anyone even drink it?. I have been drinking black decaf coffee though it is not my usual thing and dont want to spoil anything I am doing. Someone suggested green tea but I have tried a few and found them awful.:mad:
    Look forward to any views from you all.
    Thanks Sharon

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

Hiya
    Black tea is :jelous:!!! Sorry I have no suggestions for brands..
    You can use a tablet sweetener in it.
    With Green Tea, if you put a little cold water in the cup before adding the hot and tea bag, then its not nearly as bitter! :D

4. MR2_Owner

MR2_Owner Doing Slimming World

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Could you not go onto SS+ where you can have milk?

I used to be a hardcore semi skim milk in tea with 2 sugars, but now I have skimmed milk and the odd occasional sweetner and it tastes yummy.

I couldnt be without a cup of tea or two and no way can I do black tea!

5. Pretika

Pretika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.2lb(1.92%)
    Diet:
    Metabolic Balance Plan
    Try peppermint tea - its not soo bad.

6. Docmel

Docmel Member

i cannot drink black tea to save my life - even with a sweetner - however someone gave me a cup of green tea made with the genuine leaf (not tea bags) - with a sweetner. A wonderful refreshing drink. No bitterness at all.

Get the leaf from a chinese herbalists (even in my small town there is one)

7. shazzy

shazzy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you all, yes the balck tea is awful. Will look for green tea though if I have to make with leaf will need a strainer and pot and I am a strickly dunk the bag in the mug kind of girl. Will think about doing SS+ though I am just worried I will not have good weight losses. Anyone got any comparissons for the two plans

8. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    I drink white tea - a habit picked up from my travels in the far east.

White tea is the baby shoots/leave from the tea plan & has a much nicer & delicate taste. You drink it 'black' & I add 1 sweetner.

You can buy it in tea bag form (1 bag will make 2 - 3 cups as each time you use it the taste is better) in Tesco & Asda.
    I've been buying Dragonfly Tea - Organic Swirling Mist White Tea. Its around £1.20 for 25 tea bags.

Hope this helps. :) xx

9. dani*r

dani*r Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    im doing ss, but have skimmed milk in my tea. I have limited the number of cuppas that i have so im not having tons of milk.
    its never affected my losses.

10. cissie

cissie Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi I am doing ss and I have cut right down on the number of cups of tea I was having to only two a day if thagt but i still have skimmed milk and hasn't affected me so far x

11. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    tesco do green tea with Lemon i have them with 2 sweetner and am addicted !!! dunno if u can have them though if your on a vlcd just noticed with ketosis
    peppermint tea is lush and fruit tea too !

i also have black tea but it has to be PG Tips !!

12. Uniqua

Uniqua Loves being slim!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(32.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Herbalife
    I put a small tsp of skimmed milk in my tea, I felt sick drinking it black. I don't drink tea all day, maybe just 1 or 2 times a day.

13. Nicii

Nicii Is on fire

Diet:
    Accounts Payable
    Im a tea girl but cant handle it with out sugar and milk,
    So i tried just black coffee. Yummy love it,

14. suzyw1975

suzyw1975 Member

i drink black darjeeling tea - its really light - if you can't stand the strong, bitter taste of normal black tea

15. shazzy

shazzy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello everyone, glad it is not just me with the black tea thing !. I have found some green tea with peppermint and that is OK. Once I am into good weight losses maybe I will just try a drop of milk in my tea and see how I go. I will also look out for the white tea recommended by Emma and let you know how i get on.
    Thanks Sharon

16. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points

Green tea is ok to have on SS but not with Lemon. xx

17. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    I don't like black black tea, but can handle peppermint or my favourite is red bush - diff flavour to black tea but more palatable - hope that helps x;)

18. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww

I think the wl on ss/Ss+ are similar - a couple of pound less a month or so - I am sure a CDC will confirm x

19. shazzy

shazzy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you Dogtainion,
    I will see how I go and decide if I really miss the milk too much.
    Sharon

20. Docmel

Docmel Member

The green tea I have I make in the cup. The leaves are dried but after a couple of minutes reconstitute to quite a size. No need for a strainer - they are so heavy and large they just sit at the bottom of the mug while the tea is drunk.

Only takes two/three leaves to make a decent cup - so my supply is going to last ages.

Even if its made in a pot then no strainer is used - any leaves that 'escape' when pouring just lie at the bottom of the cup in the same way.

I have been told that green tea with lemon is very nice, but i don't want to risk anything intefering with the weight loss at the moment.

21. shazzy

shazzy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello Docmel,

Thank you for the advice, I will look aout for some real green tea leaves, I think I know what you mean as when I travelled to Africa many people seem to take the tea like that.
    Love Sharon

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.