Help with black tea

shazzy

I am hoping you can all give me some advice, I am struggling with black tea :cry:anyone got any advice. What brand is the best, does anyone even drink it?. I have been drinking black decaf coffee though it is not my usual thing and dont want to spoil anything I am doing. Someone suggested green tea but I have tried a few and found them awful.:mad:
Look forward to any views from you all.
Thanks Sharon

Hiya
Black tea is :jelous:!!! Sorry I have no suggestions for brands..
You can use a tablet sweetener in it.
With Green Tea, if you put a little cold water in the cup before adding the hot and tea bag, then its not nearly as bitter! :D

Could you not go onto SS+ where you can have milk?

I used to be a hardcore semi skim milk in tea with 2 sugars, but now I have skimmed milk and the odd occasional sweetner and it tastes yummy.

I couldnt be without a cup of tea or two and no way can I do black tea!

Try peppermint tea - its not soo bad.

i cannot drink black tea to save my life - even with a sweetner - however someone gave me a cup of green tea made with the genuine leaf (not tea bags) - with a sweetner. A wonderful refreshing drink. No bitterness at all.

Get the leaf from a chinese herbalists (even in my small town there is one)

Thank you all, yes the balck tea is awful. Will look for green tea though if I have to make with leaf will need a strainer and pot and I am a strickly dunk the bag in the mug kind of girl. Will think about doing SS+ though I am just worried I will not have good weight losses. Anyone got any comparissons for the two plans

I drink white tea - a habit picked up from my travels in the far east.

White tea is the baby shoots/leave from the tea plan & has a much nicer & delicate taste. You drink it 'black' & I add 1 sweetner.

You can buy it in tea bag form (1 bag will make 2 - 3 cups as each time you use it the taste is better) in Tesco & Asda.
I've been buying Dragonfly Tea - Organic Swirling Mist White Tea. Its around £1.20 for 25 tea bags.

Hope this helps. :) xx

im doing ss, but have skimmed milk in my tea. I have limited the number of cuppas that i have so im not having tons of milk.
its never affected my losses.

Hi I am doing ss and I have cut right down on the number of cups of tea I was having to only two a day if thagt but i still have skimmed milk and hasn't affected me so far x

tesco do green tea with Lemon i have them with 2 sweetner and am addicted !!! dunno if u can have them though if your on a vlcd just noticed with ketosis
peppermint tea is lush and fruit tea too !

i also have black tea but it has to be PG Tips !!

I put a small tsp of skimmed milk in my tea, I felt sick drinking it black. I don't drink tea all day, maybe just 1 or 2 times a day.

i drink black darjeeling tea - its really light - if you can't stand the strong, bitter taste of normal black tea

Hello everyone, glad it is not just me with the black tea thing !. I have found some green tea with peppermint and that is OK. Once I am into good weight losses maybe I will just try a drop of milk in my tea and see how I go. I will also look out for the white tea recommended by Emma and let you know how i get on.
Thanks Sharon

tesco do green tea with Lemon i have them with 2 sweetner and am addicted !!! dunno if u can have them though if your on a vlcd just noticed with ketosis

Green tea is ok to have on SS but not with Lemon. xx

I don't like black black tea, but can handle peppermint or my favourite is red bush - diff flavour to black tea but more palatable - hope that helps x;)

Will think about doing SS+ though I am just worried I will not have good weight losses. Anyone got any comparissons for the two plans

I think the wl on ss/Ss+ are similar - a couple of pound less a month or so - I am sure a CDC will confirm x

Thank you Dogtainion,
I will see how I go and decide if I really miss the milk too much.
Sharon

Thank you all, yes the balck tea is awful. Will look for green tea though if I have to make with leaf will need a strainer and pot and I am a strickly dunk the bag in the mug kind of girl. Will think about doing SS+ though I am just worried I will not have good weight losses. Anyone got any comparissons for the two plans

The green tea I have I make in the cup. The leaves are dried but after a couple of minutes reconstitute to quite a size. No need for a strainer - they are so heavy and large they just sit at the bottom of the mug while the tea is drunk.

Only takes two/three leaves to make a decent cup - so my supply is going to last ages.

Even if its made in a pot then no strainer is used - any leaves that 'escape' when pouring just lie at the bottom of the cup in the same way.

I have been told that green tea with lemon is very nice, but i don't want to risk anything intefering with the weight loss at the moment.

Hello Docmel,

Thank you for the advice, I will look aout for some real green tea leaves, I think I know what you mean as when I travelled to Africa many people seem to take the tea like that.
Love Sharon

Back