Help...

Discussion in 'Paleo / Primal Diet' started by suki11, 21 January 2013 Social URL.

1. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

I'm new to the site, I've been calorie counting for a while and I've lost weight. I haven't eaten gluten and cut out a lot processed food for months as it gives me trouble with bloating and digestion, which makes me interested in the primal diets. Just need some help... As I'm fed up with calorie counting, Any advice would be grateful about exercise and food plans... Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

Thanks :). Just had a quick look at shopping list. I think I'm going give it a blast... But no coffee is going to be a challenge!!

Last edited: 21 January 2013
  4. miss vlcd38

miss vlcd38 Well-Known Member

I drink hot lemon water now or just water sometimes I wish I could have a latte or mocha but its all for a good cause

5. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

Yes, your right :)

6. Laura250blue

Laura250blue Well-Known Member

Good luck with it :) - its hard for about the first 4 days...but then its like riding a bike downhill...x

7. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

Thanks, how much exercise? I walk everyday and play squash a couple of times a week. Should I increase this?

8. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

DO what you feel you can.... if you have loads of energy one week do more... if you're tired do less.....

Lots of walking is a fab start though!!!

X

9. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

Well it's been a couple of days, not been hungry which surprised me.. Are headaches the norm? (Not thumping but just in the background). I've been drinking water throughout the day, I'm thinking it's coming off fizzy drinks and coffee.

10. DeeCe

DeeCe Well-Known Member

Could be sugar/carb thing the headaches.. withdrawals.. pretty common

11. Laura250blue

Headaches usually last about 3 days, pretty common. Just withdrawls. Keep drinking plenty of water xx

12. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

I find a chromium supplement helps!!! X

13. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

Had a great night's sleep (which is unusual) and its gone :)

14. Laura250blue

Mine used to pop up and haunt me in the afternoon, it was like my bodys way of sulking hahah.

keep it up :)

15. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

You could be right... My body sulking for coffee!!! Lol

16. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

:) :) :) 50

17. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

It's only been a few days, but I'm feeling like I've got loads of energy :) and not even missed my Saturday night glass of wine!! Took the kids to the cinema yesterday evening and nibbled on some almonds! Too be honest I haven't been hungry and still been using Myfitnesspal to count my calories, just hope I'm not eating too many carbs so it shows on the scales :) been eating avocados, but on SW they were a syn, so it doesn't feel right!

Last edited: 26 January 2013
  18. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

I aim for between 50 and 100 g of carbs... thats the best place for weight loss apparently!!! x

19. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

Thanks Deezer :)

20. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

Not weighed..l but had a measure I have lost an inch from my neck, stomach and hips. And half an inch off my thighs..... I did cave yesterday, and scoffed a burger. ( but didn't eat the bun) and had a coke zero to wash it down.. But didn't beat myself up, had the side effects of cramps, itchy face and freezing cold, but not as bad as usual... So it's put me off until next time... Lasagne tomorrow, but going to use sheets of leeks instead of pasta.... Without the cheesy sauce, but with just a wee cheese sprinkle on top!!

21. Mis-behave

Mis-behave Well-Known Member

Make sure you cook the leeks really well, before using them.. Otherwise doesn't work as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins