help

candypie

Well folks its like this started full of enthusiasm and did 4 wk and lost a good bit then had a few nights out and slowly went back to my old habbits now here i am again i have 5 wks supply and every day i get up and say this is the day and last till mid afternoon then blow it. Please can someone tell me how to get back on track and get my head into gear i so want to get this weight off its like i have some mental block and just keep telling myself i cant do it. Im seriously doing my own head in,

The only person who can do it for you is you. The first 3 days are difficult and I recently found restarting even more difficult. Focus on how much weight you want to lose and why. Are you gong on holiday? If so set that as your target date or any other event you have coming up. You know what it is like to lose on exante because you've already had a significant loss. It's up to you in the end. I find keeping a diary helps because it holds me to account to do what I say I'm going to do. I also find it helps to follow other people's diaries for inspiration. Everybody on the forum is very supportive and motivational. I hope this helps and isn't too preachy. We all have lapses - I had 2 pieces of Domino's pizza tonight because it was my son's birthday. I'm afraid it's just a case of putting these behind you, being positive and focussed and treating the next day as a new start! Don't tell yourself you can't do it because you can.

Thanks lynne for taking the time to reply and you totally make sense. I know i can and i know i need to do it so i am getting up tomorrow looking out my 3 pks and water and i truly mean this i am getting back on track and i am going to visit on here to keep me motivated, Thank you so much and as for your pizza dont think you have done any damage,xxxxx

I hope not! It was nothing to the lapse I had in London last week and even then I only put a couple of pounds on which came off quickly.

I've struggled the last two days with catered training schools at work - and muggins here has to do the catering! All picnic foods and I did succumb to half a dozen mini sausages each day!

But back to helping you honey.., I get a few fav items of clothing out, that are too small; a dress, top, even sexy undies! and hang them around where I can see them when I either want to eat, fridge or kitchen doors, or am naked (tmi, sorry!) - bathroom door, bedroom - and move/change them so I don't get complacent, then I try something on every so often and keep reminding myself why I'm doing this. It's got to the point where a couple of things I've tried on have started to fit again! And that has really boosted my morale, esp when I'm feeling down, fat and peckish (I won't say hungry cos I'm sure I'm not)

It is difficult, and unfortunately there is no easy answer, or we'd all be doing it! But find your mojo and don't give up, blips or not, you can get there. <3 x

I know some of the girls have written lists of the reasons they want to lose weight. Why don't you write out a list of these, write out a list of things you can do when you have lost weight etc and all that kinda stuff and make a big bright poster of your weight loss goals and possible achievements, that stands out so every day you see it you can use it for motivation?

Hi Candypie. How's it going today? That's some good advice from Chelly. I hope you're still on track.
Lynne

Afternoons/evenings are really hard. It's so strange how we can be so motivated in the morning and later in the day the motivation has evaporated and for some reason it's hard to remind ourselves of the reasons why we're doing this. But don't forget, a lot has to do with blood sugar and that typical afternoon slump is the death of many a good diet resolution.
Maybe that's the time to come on here and post and read. I found when I had my week off and decimated the country's carbohydrate reservoires, I didn't have much desire to come on here and read and post. I guess I felt like I had placed myself outside of that zone. If that makes any sense.
Keep going, you can do it. And if you find that you need to eat later in the day, then perhaps working solution might be suitable for you. Have you given it a try for a few days to see if you can cope better, adding a low carb meal?

I've only just started today but know where you are coming from having done Lighter Life two years ago. It's really hard once you lapse even if it's a planned lapse. This is why I have decided to be really strict & stick to plan, however, only time will tell if I have the willpower to do it!

Another strategy I have heard of is putting a before pic on your fridge & store cupboard, you could also put the goals list Chelly suggested in these places too.
Also store your food packs somewhere other than your regular food cupboard so you steer clear.

Good Luck!

I keep my food packs in an old children's wardrobe in the garage!

hi there hun, it looks like you have been given great advice by the ladies here already. All I can add is if Incan get back on track after a lapse anyone can. I did 5 weeks of 100% TS, not one single thing passed my lips other than my packs and water and lost 3 stone 5lb then last week I had 4 out of 7 days off due to family circumstance and gained 5lb. I was petrified I would not be able to get back on track and ruin all my good work. Past history shows I have done this so many times before although not on TFR but slimming world. Start off great then have a bad day which became a bad week and then all would be lost. This time had to be different and with will power I have done it - day 5 of totally back on track 100% so come on hun, you can do it, we are all routing for you x

Because there was nothing in there, it's cool and I'm not tempted by other food if there are only exante foods in there!

Hi Candypie. How are you doing? Bit worried you haven't been back for a few days. That's excellant advice from Alia. She's one of my inspirations! If you're back on track, keep it up. If not, just start again - thet's what we all do!

I know some of the girls have written lists of the reasons they want to lose weight. Why don't you write out a list of these, write out a list of things you can do when you have lost weight etc and all that kinda stuff and make a big bright poster of your weight loss goals and possible achievements, that stands out so every day you see it you can use it for motivation?

Good idea

I'm at end of wk 2 and waining slightly. ..gonna put a picture on the fridge when I lost weight on LL and where I want to end up :D

Keep at it...... You'll get there!

It's all about motivation. Today I put away my 'fat jeans' cos they're too big (after 5 weeks). That's boosted my motivation :) Hang in there Pussy, you can do it :)

It's all about motivation. Today I put away my 'fat jeans' cos they're too big (after 5 weeks). That's boosted my motivation :) Hang in there Pussy, you can do it :)

Wow, well done. I love it when clothes get too big! In a couple of months I'm hoping to be able to start selling 'too big' clothes on ebay and using the profits to buy in smaller ones. Most of my current ones aren't nice enough to sell though because I've only bought new clothes when I have had to up to now!

Back