HELPPPPPPPP!!! PLEASE :(

try to cut out the bread and vary your diet a bit more this way you wont get bored, your body will get all the vitamins etc it needs and it wont get used to just havign the same thing inside it.

give it time you will get there

what healthy extras are alpen bars then? is it the alpen light things? x

Hi Pixie,
I had to stop LL when I got pregnant. 7lbs is exactly what I put on when I started eating again. That was despite suffering terrible morning sickness. I think a lot of it is water etc. As the others have said I don't think you are doing anything wrong and I am sure that if you stick with it you will start to see losses. To be honest I do think your quite heavy on the carbs ( I know that is allowed on SW but when you are switching from SSing - I do think it has an effect). Have you thought about eating lots of pulses? I find they really fill me up and they are great for fibre and protein. If time is an issue, tins of dahl are great and usually free.
Lx (Lucy from Confetti) x

Thanks!!! ill try them... Hi Lucy! whats dahl??where from?is it like chickpeas or something? x

Yep, it is a bit like a spicey hummous which you eat hot (unless your V hungry and in a rush :). It can be made with chickpeas (chana dhal) or with lentils (mong dhal). It is a staple in Indian eating - they eat it with chapattis etc) but it is great for us on SW. You can add spinach which I love.
I make my own adapted from a Madhur Jaffrey recipe -
Wash your split peas .
Put in a large pot with loads of water and bring to boil.
Skim off any foam that forms on the surface.
Add a heaped teaspoon on turmeric, couple of chopped garlic cloves, some slices of fresh ginger.
Simmer on low heat until peas are cooked.
In a non stick fry pan sprayed with fry light - fry spices - chilli, cumin, corriander, ghara masala (or use premixed curry power if you prefer).
Add the spice mix to the dhal and stir though.
Add fresh washed spinach if you like.
Lx

Or you can buy it tinned in Asda, Tesco , Sainsburys etc.:D

Hello everyone thanks for ur advice :)
Feelin a bit more optimistic today thanks MB...
Today I have had 4 Alpen light bars (2 healthy extra B)
and a jacket potato with 84g reduced fat cheddar for A choices withno butter.
Am thinking of making a quorn shepherds pie for tea hopefully this will be ok just using my syns for some oxo gravy?
x

Hi MB,

It was this morning & im so upset!
Initially I put on 7lbs in my first 7 days on SW.
4 days after this I had lost 3lbs so was happy it was finally working.
However now 1 week on I have put 1lb on!!!
So in 17 days all I've managed to do is put 5lbs on :(
Really really really dont know what to do,i tried cutting out bread, havent had any for 10 days now i think but that isnt working.
Have had lots of fruit and quorn mince and been the the gym and swimming a couple of times.
Im ready to throw the towel in :(

pixie i hope this helps, i was really feeling down a couple of weeks ago, i had put on then maintained and i was gutted and just didnt see the bigger picture. when we loose weight we get very trapped up in this narrow tunnel of that day or that week and often we need to step back to really appreciate how much weight we are loosing. you have come from a vlcd to a diet where you can eat and eat and eat and opbviously that change is initially going to put some weight back onwhile your body adjusts and it is definitly water, i always put on my star week as well regardless of how good i have been doing, these sorts of these can get squashed together in a short space of time and make it look like its not working but really you need to believe in the diet and give it time.

when i was just about ready to throw in the towel i realised that sw is no hardship in my life, in fact i really enjoy the experience, i can eat whenever i want, stuff myself silly, i have a great time at meetings and i feel a lot better in myself. i dont miss the way i was before, i dont miss frying in oil and eating horrible fatty foods so i just thought well im just going to stick with it and see what happens what have i got to loose.

feel like im babbling now but in a sentence, give it time, you have done brilliantly with your losses so far and you need to give your body a while to adjust to food again.

Thanks Abigail I haven't lost anything so far tho :( I've just put on :(
Surely after 17 days I should be losing something?x

not necessarily, i once did cd and although i waas eating really really healthily after i still put on about 7lb i think and that never came off. you need to give it another couple of weeks until you can maybe think yea well ive tried sw and its not for me lets try something else. i would try and stick to red days as much as possible to start with and introduce greens slowly if you prefer greens just to keep down on carbs and you might see yourself starting to loose soon

Thanks Abigail but Im a veggie so cant do red day.
I did do SW a few years ago and lost 2st but then:break_diet: got stuck at the weight I am now for 11 weeks so eventually gave up x

Back