HelsAngel's Super Angelic Food Diary (or not!)

Hello there, i have just read through your diary and u see you struggle to stick with plan and the running as life gets in the way.
Well welcome to the club i have started the Couch to 25k a few times and never get passed week 1 Day 3, then i give up and start again with months or weeks in between.
With regards to SW i have tried and failed many many times, as i say life gets in the way.
I am hoping this time i can stick with it even if the loss is slow as i believe it is healthy and it makes feel better.

You have motivated me to restart couch to 25k today, so i am going to work early so i can get home and get out.

Thank you

Hello there, i have just read through your diary and u see you struggle to stick with plan and the running as life gets in the way.
Well welcome to the club i have started the Couch to 25k a few times and never get passed week 1 Day 3, then i give up and start again with months or weeks in between.
With regards to SW i have tried and failed many many times, as i say life gets in the way.
I am hoping this time i can stick with it even if the loss is slow as i believe it is healthy and it makes feel better.

You have motivated me to restart couch to 25k today, so i am going to work early so i can get home and get out.

Thank you

Thank you so much for reading and stopping by. It's nice to know someone is looking at it.

I do struggle with the running, motivation to exercise has never been a strong point but luckily I've a very supportive, sporty BF who comes out running with me. Even more handy now that it's getting dark so early. I got to Week 4, 3 the last time I did it (which was also the first time) and only stopped because I got bronchitis and it was hard to breath let alone run anywhere. Honestly, I was glad I had to stop because the running non stop for 3 minutes was hard enough.

I'm supposed to be doing week 1, day 2 tonight but I did some squats the other day and my legs are aching so bad, I'm walking funny!! Maybe that's every reason to go. Hmm, maybe after WI.

With regards to SW, today is my 20th week and apart from the 3 weeks I was on holiday, I've pretty much been on it 100% the whole time. Noth that my losses reflect that it any way. I'm so slow. Everything I had to get it my way is now over (weekends away, birthday parties etc.) so it's full steam ahead.

Good luck with your restart of C25K. Hope it goes well. Let me know how you get on. :)

Thursday 20th October - RED

2 cups of tea
Grapes
1 diet coke

1 wholemeal roll 62g (Hex b + 1 syn)
Salmon pate
Rocket
Tomatoes
Half of SW cheesecake (5 syns)

1 cup of tea
1 bottle water
1 fig

Chicken breast
Mushrooms
LF Natural yoghurt
2 tspn Wholegrain mustard (2)
Pepper
Celeriac mash
2 cups of tea.

Total syns 8

Had WI tonight, lost 1lb so we're back to 12.5 in total. If I can manage 1.5lbs next week I'll be back to my stone. 1 more lb after that well take me to 10 stone something which is a major psychological barrier. 3.5lbs more again and that's 10%. Then I'll be a happy bunny. A very happy bunny :)

SW Cheesecake
1 Aplen Light (3 syns)
1/2 tub of Quark
1 sachet White Choc Options (2 syns)
Strawberries on top
DEVINE!!

Oooooo - I am so stealing that Hels :drool: :drool:

SW Cheesecake
1 Aplen Light (3 syns)
1/2 tub of Quark
1 sachet White Choc Options (2 syns)
Strawberries on top
DEVINE!!

Oooooo - I am so stealing that Hels :drool: :drool:

Do it, Annya. :)

It's easier to make it up double with 2 Alpens lights as a HEX B (or 6 syns) and 2 sachets of options with a full tub but I only had half of it so only listed half the ingredients.
I'm unsure of the base. I read on here somewhere that you're supposed to warm the Alpens in the microwave but then they set really hard and the base was too solid.

However, the quark and the options is so dreamy and cheesecake like, I could easily eat it without a base!

I've been recommended trying it with cous-cous but I don't fancy that. Might just syn some digestives and do it that way.

Thanks for stopping by :)

I was thinking of substituting the Alpens with Morning Coffee bics which are a syn each so you could probably get a whole cheesecake for about the same syns using 6 of these (no HExB trade-off though..... wot a bummer!)

Watch this space - I will ask dear husband to get some MC bics when he goes down to Llandovery later :D

My fave at the moment is SW's version of Eaton Mess - another divine pud which seems a lot more synful that it actually is :)

I was thinking of substituting the Alpens with Morning Coffee bics which are a syn each so you could probably get a whole cheesecake for about the same syns using 6 of these (no HExB trade-off though..... wot a bummer!)

Watch this space - I will ask dear husband to get some MC bics when he goes down to Llandovery later :D

My fave at the moment is SW's version of Eaton Mess - another divine pud which seems a lot more synful that it actually is :)

Oh absolutely, I had that loads in the summer. Best thing about that was that I could have virtually the same pudding as everyone else in the family. They all had double cream, I had a yoghurt/fromage frais in place and the meringue nests are so low, you could have 2 or 3 easily.

Friday 21st October - Red

What a day!!

Kinda skipped breakfast this morning. Not intentionally but I was rushed off my feet and was planning on having a grapefriut. Didn't even get a chance to cut the thing!!

2 cups of tea (Healthy A)
Can of Diet Coke

1 WM roll 68g (Healthy B + 1 syn)
Salmon pate - that's the last of it for the time being.
Cucumber
Tomato
Celery
Red Cabbage
Gherkins

Can of Diet Pepsi

Dinner will at this stage likely be.....
Cheesy melt burgers
Extra Lean Mince
3 Babybel light
red onion
Lettuce
Tomato
Some form of SW chips. I was going to have potatoes but then remembered I'm on red so that's not happening. Maybe get a celeriac or BNS on the way home or maybe serve it up with some fried mushrooms? I'll have to see what's in. Pain in the ar5e non potato red day!!!

I'm also going to have vodka tonight. LOTS of it! :) which is why I'm not doing potatoes and synning them.

TBC...........

You could have had a 227g jacket potato cut it up into wedges leaving the skin on and cooked them SW stylee as "chips", but you don't have any HExBs left now....

How about BNS or pumpkin wedges instead? I have gone crazy for BNS of late and they are only 87p each in ALDI just now!

Annya said:
You could have had a 227g jacket potato cut it up into wedges leaving the skin on and cooked them SW stylee as "chips", but you don't have any HExBs left now....

How about BNS or pumpkin wedges instead? I have gone crazy for BNS of late and they are only 87p each in ALDI just now!

Thanks A. I would have done that with a potato but I knew the extra Healthy B was going on the roll.

The burgers were really nice though. Ended up just having salad with them. Mike loved them too so we'll have them again. Next time when I've prepared myself a little more, I'll sort the veggies out.

HelsAngel said:
Friday 21st October - Red

What a day!!

Kinda skipped breakfast this morning. Not intentionally but I was rushed off my feet and was planning on having a grapefriut. Didn't even get a chance to cut the thing!!

2 cups of tea (Healthy A)
Can of Diet Coke

Salmon pate - that's the last of it for the time being.
Cucumber
Tomato
Celery
Red Cabbage
Gherkins

Can of Diet Pepsi

Dinner will at this stage likely be.....
Cheesy melt burgers
Extra Lean Mince
3 Babybel light (Healthy A)
Red Onion
Lettuce
Tomato
Ketchup 1 syn
Mayo 1 syn

I was going to have potatoes but then remembered I'm on red so that's not happening. Maybe get a celeriac or BNS on the way home or maybe serve it up with some fried mushrooms? I'll have to see what's in. Pain in the ar5e non potato red day!!!

Vodka 10 syns
Diet coke
Snack a jacks - need to look up syns

Just thought I'd post a picture of what my bf ate for breakfast this morning. See what I'm up against?!

ForumRunner_20111022_093914.jpg

Saturday 22nd October - Green

Was going to go green tonight because I'm going out for an Italian but changed it to red as a had meat on a pizza instead! (and Wiiiiiiiine)

1 cup of tea
Grapefruit

2 WM bread 400g loaf (Healthy B)
1 tbspn ELF mayo as spread (0.5 syn)
3 Babybel Light (Healthy A)
Loads of lettuce

Mozzeralla Salad Healthy A (no dressing)
Half a pizza, Chicken and Peppers
About 100 syns worth of wine and vodka!! I say 100, it was probably one bottle and I will claim the extra back through the week.

Last edited:
Watched Paranormal Activity 3 and the cinema last night but drank so much wine on an empty stomach whilst waiting for my (always late) friend to arrive, I could only see the screen with one eye!! Then went for a few more drinks afterwards to the new Vodka Revs in Ipswich. I have today decided I'm never drinking again!!!

Today has been a write off. Not foodwise but as a hungover blur.

Sunday 23rd October - EE
1 cup of tea
2 slices of WM bread (Healthy B)
ICBINB light (2 syns)
Didn't have SF because I could barely eat the toast!

Roast Chicken
Roast Potatoes (5 syns for oil cooked in - just in case!)
Carrots
Cabbage
Runner Beans
Parsnips in frylight
Yorkshire puddings (6 syns)
Gravy (2 syns)

2 Babybel light (Healthy A)
3 pints of water
1 cup of tea

Monday 24th October Red or EE depending on what's for dinner!

3 cups of tea (Healthy A SS milk)
1 can diet coke
1/2 a grapefruit

1 WM roll (Healthy B + 1 syn)
3 slices of ham
Lettuce
Cucumber
Cherry tomato
Red Cabbage
Gherkins
Jalapeno
Activia Snack pot
Clementine
Grapes

1 cup of tea
Left over roast chicken
Butternut squash chips with cajun spices
220g jacket potato (Healthy B)
42g light cheddar (Healthy A)
2 tbspn Elf mayo (1 syn)

Last edited:
Monday nights dinner.
There was loads and I ate it all. Quite ashamed of myself. Dad just said it was no wonder I'm not losing weight eating all that. Bit off because I thought I WAS losing weight but then I think that maybe I AM eating too much. At least this was all free, healthy extras our synned and there was over half superfree. Oh god, now I think I'm overeating?!

ForumRunner_20111024_191425.jpg

Well there's no reason you can't have that as you have done it all right. I must admit though that personally I wouldn't of had jacket potato and the butternut squash but that's just me and I'm not the best person to give advice as not even managing to stick to plan!!!! :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ahhh, hello again you. I wondered where you'd got to. How are you?

The potato was a bit of an after thought to be honest. I was a bit stuck and thought chicken and BNS wouldn't be enough. The family were having gammon steaks with beans and chips so on a red day, I was cooking separately.

I'm ok. Really struggling at the moment. Have absolutely no will power or anything- feeling a bit rubbish but am determined to get back on track as of tomorrow. Have even made myself magic porridge for the morning!!! :)
How about you? How are you getting on? You seem to be sticking to plan! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back