HelsAngel's Super Angelic Food Diary (or not!)

Mmmmm - fish day. Nom, nom, nom!

My Grandad was a fish monger and we were raised on the stuff. I adore fish of pretty much every description (except flat fish - yuk), but isn't it expensive now? Like you I am a Tesco Value salmon trimmings, Tesco Value smoked Mackerel and whatever I can find on the reduced counter kinda girl.

We had a fish pie the other night - it was GORGEOUS!

Looking good this week my dear.......... :-D

Thanks, my love. Feeling good this week too except for my bloaty pre WI tummy. Happens every week and I can never "go" on a wednesday or thursday. Pain in the ass, no pun intended!

I was looking at the tinned fish earlier in Morrisons thinking I could make a mashed fish salad thing with crab and tinned salmon, cockles and the like. Am I HECK going to do that. Tinned salmon, crab, even tuna is so expensive. Mackerel and sardines are the only daily affordable stuff and I'm in the office and try to be considerate!!

Fingers crossed for WI tonight. If my past few weeks are anything to go by, I'll be losing the 2lbs I lost and put on again last week!!

Thinking of you honey........ I weigh in tomorrow - not holding out much hope - TBH a STS would be acceptable right now!

Annya said:
Thinking of you honey........ I weigh in tomorrow - not holding out much hope - TBH a STS would be acceptable right now!

Aww, thank you for thinking of me. As predicted the same 2.5lbs off. I'm delighted with it but at the same time slightly peeved that it's just the same 2.5 that I undeservedly put on last week. I'm determined not to let it go on again so will be mixing it all up this week. Some reds, some greens and some EE. I've got a meal out tomorrow at a chinese but won't have the 30+ syn duck pancakes and instead have the vegetarian option of vegetables in a lettuce leaf. It's actually nicer and doesn't bloat me like duck can. Can't say the same for the wine I might have. I'm not substituting that!

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow, Annya. Hope it's a good result. I'll check your diary in the morning. :)

Friday 3rd February - Nothing day

I'm out tonight and it's going to go to pot so I thought rather than follow a plan, I'd do a sort of EE day but won't count tonight. I'm having a night off. One night. It will probably kill me but I plan on working extra hard, I'm going to go the rest of the week on minimal syns, maximum exercise so I can have one night of enjoying myself. I'm going to drink an extra 2 pints of water EVERY day to see if that will help. I'm due next week anyway so it can't hurt to drink the water. Today so far has looked like this.

2 Teas
Diet Coke
0% Total
Banana
Blueberries
Honey 2 syns

fish sticks
Smoked Salmon
2 slices Nimble WM
Cottage Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Carrot Sticks
Red Cabbage
Gherkins

Peppermint Tea x 2
diet coke
Walkers French Fries 4.5 syns I think.

So, not a bad day all together. Like I said above, I'll avoid the duck pancakes and I don't eat a massive amount of rice anyway. Might have a soup, some Horses Douv-res and loads of squid and prawns (i'm LOVING the seafood right now) and I always have vegetable dishes. I reckon we could smash a couple of bottles of wine easily or maybe I can switch to vodka?

Anyway, I'm going to have a nice time, not think about naughties, sweep it under the carpet and start back on plan tomorrow.

Not working this weekend either so can do whatever I want!! :)

Good on ya girlie :-D

Reet-ooo

Meal out was lovely on Friday, straight back on Saturday morning, drank about 5 pints of squash to try and combat any salt intake and dehydration from the wine. Went out Saturday night and drank again but not an obscene amount. About 4 vodka diets so acceptable. Sunday was travelling back and sleeping so only had my roast dinner at 4pm and that was me done all day (had a tiny slice of homemade lemon meringue pie though). Updating the diary over the weekend is quite tricky as I don't have as much time as I do in the week. I'm not off plan, just not updating!

Monday 6th Feb - RED

Healthy A - 250ml SS Milk
Healthy A -
Healthy B - 4 Original Ryvita
Healthy B - 2 WM Bread

2 teas
1 diet coke
0% total greek yog
Banana
Honey 2 syns
3 yellow plums

Smoked Salmon trimmings
BGTY Onion and chive cottage cheese
Ryvita
Cucumber
Tomato
Pickled Cabbage
Pickled Onion
Peppermint Tea
Diet Coke
Pint of Squash
(also, after eating that lunch, I now feel like eating the entire world. What is it with red days?!)

4 more plums
1 bag French Fries 4 syns
2 Teas
Diet Coke
Loving the fish still!
2 Cod Steaks in Butter Sauce 3 syns each)
a tonne of broccoli
2 Slices of WM Bread
1 Slice (stale) Scan Bran
Skinny Cow Triple Choc Brownie Ice Lolly 4.5

Ok, so the lolly made me go over syns and it's still snowy so not really necessary but SO WORTH IT. Not normally an ice cream kinda girl but this was really nice.

Total Syns 16.5 - Must try harder!
To be honest, I'd have been ok had I not had the crisps in the afternoon but I'd run out of snacks and wasn't going out in the snow at lunch!

Last edited:
Tuesday 7th Feb - RED
I'm going to try and syn my tea today rather than HE my milk, see if that helps.

Healthy A - 40g Mozzarella
Healthy A - SS Milk and 2 LC EL triangles
Healthy B - 4 Ryvita Original
Healthy B -

2 cups of tea
2 eggs scrambled
half pack of smoked salmon trimmings
can of mushrooms
Buffalo mozeralla 1/3 of 125g block so just less than 45g for HEA

1 cup of tea
2 Plums

Mackerel in Tomato Sauce
Lettuce
Cucumber
Tomato
Orange Pepper
Celery
Diet Coke

4 Ryvita
Cottage Cheese with Onion and Chive
Rest of Smiked Salmon Packet

Chicken Breast
Mushrooms
Runner Beans
Carrots
2 LC EL Cheese triangles

1 Malteasers hot drink 5 syns - Not worth it! Mike will have the rest seeing as he bought them.

Breakfast was pretty good actually. Just a mishmash of stuff I had at work and covered in black pepper. Wanted something warm and different to yoghurt and a banana with honey!

So, I could actually do this as an EE day and syn the milk and cheese but I'll have it as a red and not use them all.

Total 5 syns. REALLY? Must have been more than that.

Last edited:
Brekkie sounds gorgeous - boring old fruit salad and yoghurt for me again today......... I feel soooo uninspired!

It was Annya, and so filling too. If I could get away with (and afford) it every day, I'd have it. Could've done with more SF, maybe some tomatoes too. Next time...

So, It's 100% since ages but with a slight blip on Friday night. As usual I've been weighing at home but it's so up and down, it stupid. I can't predict (nor have I ever been able to do) what results will be tomorrow night. I can't feel any miracles despite my fish week making me "regular" for the first time in about 5 years!! Only scales tomorrow will tell. :)

It's still disappointing when you read on the forum how people are celebrating a day/2 days/3 days etc. 100% on plan like it's something miraculous. Surely, 100% days should be the norm and the off plan days or not 100% should be the rarity?

I wonder really what is actually going on with my body if I can be this stuck fast ON PLAN and my body doesn't shift. Yes, I know I've not got a massive amount to lose (10st 10lbs to my BMI of 25 and I'm currently 10st 12lbs, 9st 8lbs Target) but surely, if I work this hard I can be rewarded with a 2lb loss? It's not like I'm cheating or only doing 2 meals on plan. I've had, or will have come WI, 20 meals out of 21 being super angelic. 2lbs really isn't a massive amount is it?

Part of me should just be hoping that I don't gain the same 2.5lbs I've been playing with for 4 weeks now. I suppose anything that isn't that same 2.5lbs would be a bonus. Oh my goodness, if I gain all hell will break loose!!

Anyway, that's my rambling for today... back to the food diary.

Wednesday 8/2 - EE

Healthy A - Mozzarella
Healthy B - 4 Ryvita Original

Total 0% Yoghurt
Banana
Honey 2 syns

Chicken Breast
Lettuce
Cucumber
Tomato
Mozzarella
Ryvita
Cottage Cheese with Chives
ELF Mayo 1 syn

2 Teas 3 syns
1 Peppermint Tea
3 Diet Coke
1 Water

Pork Chop
2 little Potatoes (5 syns)
Carrots
Broccoli
Green Beans
Apple Sauce 2 syns
Gravy 2 syns

Shortbread 5 syns

I'd have had today as a RED but knowing my wonderful Mum, it'll be a mini Roast tonight. Pleanty of SF, unfortunately also plenty of Roast Potatoes. Resisting them is the hardest thing in the world. The skin gets removed so no chance of using as a HEB, she sometimes remembers to frylight my portion but that's so much trouble when she's cooking for 5, I often end up telling her not to bother and just have less of the bad ones.

20 syns today. MEH. I bloody hate EE for the stupid 1 of each Healthy Extras. You get used to having 2 of each on green/red and I think it helps so much. I don't always use them but Wednesdays always seem to be a problem for me. Typically, day before weigh in.

Last edited:
Thursday 9th Feb - RED

Healthy A -
Healthy A -

1 Tea
1 Diet Coke

0% Total Yoghurt
Honey 1 syn

1 Peppermint Tea
1 Diet Coke
4 Ryvita
Onion and Chive Cottage Cheese
Salmon
(Still no Superfree! BAD Hels!)

Diet coke
Pint and a half of NAS squash
Green beans
2 cod in butter sauce 6 syns
4 ryvitas
Chocolate philadelphia 4.5 syns
Banana

Total syns 11.5

Last edited:
Where's you narna this morning Hels????

Annya said:
Where's you narna this morning Hels????

Run out of narna's! It was actually nicer without and filled me up the same and I had less honey so saved a syn too.

I know I'm missing my superfree but surely, not eating it would be better than eating it, superfree or not. This is my EE argument. I understand the filling up on SF first with less calories/energy density but I don't agree with adding more food just to make it a third SF. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Had weigh in last night. Lost 0.5lbs. Measley really for the work put in but I can’t really complain if I had the night out on Friday, regardless of the healthy choices I made. I’m pleased that I didn’t gain the same 2.5lbs back that I’d kept doing the last 4 or so weeks so I’ve broken that cycle too. Also, 17lbs lost altogether means I’ve got my Club 10 back. Still within my 10 weeks so I get a free week at SW now. BONUS!

Setting myself some mini targets. And by mini I mean mini. Not long to go for any of them but maybe smaller goals are what I need?
0.5lbs to go until halfway
1.5lbs until BMI of 25 exactly.
2lbs until BMI Under 25
4lbs to 1 and a half stone award

I feel like I’ve been chasing 1.5st for absolutely ages. I got within a half a pound of it in December and then yo-yo diet body kicked in. At least this time I’ll earn it properly and it’ll hopefully stay off this time.

In other news, I went to the doctors yesterday as I was worried about my “regions”. Despite my wonderful week of fish helping keep me regular, I’m having issues with the whole toilet scenario. Going once in 10 days is not acceptable and it’s having adverse reactions to my daily life. After a while I then get frightened of going because I know it’s going to be painful and uncomfortable and I start thinking I’m going to implode. She’s put me back on the laxative medicine which tastes RANK but worse, last time I had it made me gain. It’s got quite a lot of salt in it so I wonder if it’s a retention thing. Maybe if I carry on drinking loads of water that might help? Where’s the hose?!

Looks like we are both on a roll Hels... long may it continue :D

My next target is to lose another 2.8lbs and get my one stone shiny back - I removed it from my signature a few weeks ago as it felt wrong having it there when I am not actually a stone lighter just now :sigh:

I am AIMING for the end of February, but I am not going to break my heart if it doesn't happen. I am probably looking at another couple of weeks of STS before I lose any more, but as long as I don't gain again I don't really care just now!

Onwards and downwards - us tortoises can do it! It is going to be so much harder for you once you hit your healthy range Hels - poor you. Still, I will always be here for you if you need a moan about how bloody unfair it is for us :bighug:
If you've noticed, I have actually set my target by weight rather than BMI. I carry a lot of muscle, so I can be quite heavy and actually really pretty slim. I have set my target at 11 stones, which is technically still overweight, but at that weight I can easily slide into size 12 jeans, and some 10s too, so that is fine for me. I am nearly 53 now, and I do think us more mature women have to be a bit careful of getting too thin as it just makes us look craggy and ancient!

That 11 stone target seems so far away..... almost like a dream...... but I know I can do this, I just have to get my head down and take the rough with the smooth.........:)

Thanks Annya. I'm so glad to have 2 losses in a row. First time since November!!

I know it's only going to get tougher now the closer I get but I do have the added incentive of our wedding to help push me there. I think I'm going to lower my target to be honest but I'm just waiting for me to be happy. I remember being happy at about 9st 10lbs before but it was so unrealistic at that time for me to maintain it (especially as I was on WW and counting points every day). I've set my target at 9st 8lb this time. Mainly because I was born at 9lbs 8oz and I just thought it was an easy number, midrange BMI.

I've had my measurements taken for my wedding dress and it's on order, coming in about July time so really, I need to be at target by then and keep it there so when I have my fittings, I don't need too much work done. She did take the measurements really tight so hopefully, it'll be near enough there when the time comes.

I also bought some weights for my 30 day shred work because, let's be honest, the dress covers pretty much everything except my arms and some shoulder!

But as you say, Annya, we'll get there. Slowly but eventually and we've got each other and the other tortoise dudes to keep us on form. My target line adjusted after my half pound loss yesterday to 17th July so fingers crossed I can actually do it for then.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Friday 10th Feb - Red

Healthy A – 250ml SS milk (I feel a tea day coming on!)
Healthy A –
Healthy B – 4 Original Ryvita
Healthy B –

3 Cups of tea
2 Diet coke
1 Medine sachet – Don’t need to count these but will add them as I need to keep track of how many I’m taking!

0% Total yoghurt
Honey 1 syns
(again no narna’s at work but didn’t need it especially)
Millionaires Shortbread 5 syns (Last of Geraldine’s birthday cakes so won’t have to look at them anymore!)

Smoked Salmon
Lettuce
Cucumber
Tomato (BORED!)
Left over Cottage Cheese with onion and chives
4 Ryvita

1 Peppermint tea

Now, despite the fact that we are the same heihgt, the last time I weighed 9st 8lbs people were asking if I had some sort of terminal illness - at that weight every bone juts out and my face is really sunken so it is clearly too light for me!

Having said that, we must all chose a weight which we feel OK with - I am a great believer in trusting yourself rather than scales and charts....... oh, unless you are someone like my silly sister who thinks 7 stone is too fat (she's an inch shorter than me) and still starves and purges herself regularly (she has had an eating disorder most of her adult life). She is 4 years older than me and people often mistake her for my MOTHER which does say something! I think I'd rather have a bit more meat on me and still regularly get mistaken for a woman in her late 30s or early 40s personally.

We can and will do this Hels - and you will look BEAUTIFUL in your wedding dress, of that I have no doubt. One of these days I'll post a photo of my wedding - I got married in purple and black leather and velvet and I went to the wedding on a trike!

Back