helzzz's diary - 59.5lb lost, 15.5 to go!

Well, a better week so far. I've stuck to it all week, had Chinese one day but it's in my syns. If I don't lose this week it'll be because it's * week as of today :(

My Nanna's still in hospital but I'm under strict instructions to focus on my studies and not stress about her - easier said than done! I'm aiming to write 2500 words this weekend which will be nearly a whole essay then hopefully will be less stressed.

Stitchy - the lasagne was lovely but there wasn't enough tomato sauce - don't know if I overcooked it in the pan and some evaporated? That meant that the lasagne sheets were a little dry. Next time I make it I'll have some passata on standby for the i between layers if there isn't enough again.

I'll post the other recipe on your wall when I get chance!

well done on sticking with it honey. sorry to hear your nanna is still in hospital. good luck with the essays babes. you can do it!!

abz xx

Another 1lb off!

I've got a horrendously busy week this week where the earliest I'll be home is 8pm so I've had to do a lot of batch cooking this weekend to deal with it. Made masses of bolognaise sauce to do a spag bol, lasagne and a bolognaise pasta bake recipe that I found.

I'm hoping to lose 3lb in the next 3 weeks as that will give me a 3 stone loss since I restarted - not quite 1lb per week but not bad. I need to get back on track properly - just realised that since June I've only averaged 0.5lb per week. I know that at least it's a loss but I don't want to have to take another year to lose the weight so I need to get a move on. Once uni's over (3.5 weeks) I can do more exercise which will hopefully give me a boost!

Stitchy - I hope your hubby passed on that recipe?

Well done on losing 1lb! Sounds like a good idea doing all that cooking over the weekend to be prepared for this week - there's no reason to get takeaways now :D.

Hubby did pass on the recipe, thanks! I shall make an effort to include it in next week's meal plan :)

well done on the loss babes!! brilliant considering the stress you are under. how are the essays going?

i lost this week too. going back to class was the best thing i could have done. and i can't look at my own scales in between because they're broken so i'm really keeping on the straight and narrow due to terror of the sw scales, ha.

abz xx

Another STS this week. I totally deserved it (in fact I deserved a gain). Although my meals were all healthy and on plan (except a Chinese on Saturday night) I was such a stress head during the week and reaching for choccy a lot!

Anyway this week is planned up until Friday lunch, after that we're off to my parents' and then my brother's for the weekend for my niece's 1st birthday so I'm not going to be in control of my eating at the weekend. I might take some SW friendly stuff but there'll be at least one meal out if not more.

This week's meals:
Mon: fajitas
Tue: spinach and feta filo pie
Wed: creamy cheesy mushroom pasta
Thu: pizza topped chicken and chips

I'm less stressed this weekend - had a snuggle up with hubby on the sofa with a film and some baileys on Friday night and had a break. Then got up and did loads of essay research before going out to the pub then having a couple of people over for tea so had a really long break. Then I got up on Sunday and wrote 2000 words so feeling positive. I've also decided to book the last week before essay hand in as annual leave to give me some leeway and reduce the pressure.

Hopefully this week the stresses will be more manageable and I can stick to ~5 syns a day after today to give me some left over for the weekend!

Hey Abz, I did originally have a target of getting into the 11s but realised that at my tortoise pace I'll not manage that and was stressing and sabotaging. Now my plan is to still be in the 12s in the new year and then really go for the final push to target.

that sounds like a fabulous plan babes. i want to be 15st 7lbs by crimbo, so two pounds a week, ulp. and failing that, still under 16st by the time i come back from denmark. i'm being really good, but you can't predict what bodies will do, i can't stick to it any more than i am doing, so i will just have to keep my fingers crossed :)

good luck :D hope the essays are going well :)

abz xx

Well, I've done what I said I would and stuck to plan all week having between 5 and 10 syns per day. I've talked to my mum and worked out a meal plan for today that will still be around 10 syns so that's good. Tomorrow it's a 6:30 start to get down to Sussex for my niece's party. I'm going to have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast to give me a choice of plans and all of my syns for whatever food may happen. I know lunch time is party food, and I have no idea what we'll have for tea. Sunday I'll do fruit and yoghurt for breakfast again, we're out for lunch somewhere and again I have no idea what we'll do for tea , hopefully we'll be back home for tea but I have no idea about timings.

It's weird, I've been so good all through the week in the hope of damage limitation over the weekend but I'm going to be disappointed if I don't lose cos I've been so good. It'll almost feel like all if the hard work was for nothing if that makes sense?

Anyway - I'm rambling now, what will be will be I guess.

you'll manage to do your best hon. you've stuck with it through all those conference dinners, you can do it now :D

have a good time at the weekend babes.

abz xx

Well, I ended up putting on 1 lb. It could have been worse I guess. The party buffet had nothing SW friendly on it at all and apart from a massive bowl of doritos there was very little else. I had one micro quiche, one micro pizza, 2 pieces of scampi and 2 chips and then a cup cake and some (lots of) doritos. Bearing in mind we'd had breakfast at 5.30 and the party was at 1 I was absolutely starving.

We also had chinese on Sat evening where I didn't make the best choice and went out for a meal on sunday where I went for grilled chicken but couldn't resist the call of the curly fries.

All in allI guess it could have been worse but I could really do with losing every week up until christmas now (only 3 wi to go - eek) to give me a buffer for the festivities. I haven't planned this week yet - I know what I'm having for breakfast and lunch, I guess I'll have to do my planning and go shopping on the way home from uni! I'm still in essay writing hell 10,000 words to write in 11 days but hopefully I can manage it!

Here's to a good week everyone

good luck hon. i did well this week but it's getting harder and harder to resist all the temptations. i'm just refusing to go anywhere. and because it's weigh in night i'm STARVING!! all i want to do is ring for a pizza, ha. but i can't, because i'm super chuffed with my weigh in result for tonight so i shall resist. dammit!!

abz xx

Wow - it's been ages since I wrote on here. The last couple of weeks have been up and down both emotionally and slimming world wise. I have a uni extension so I'm STILL writing essays but they'll be in on Thursday and then I can relax and start to enjoy Christmas.

Over the last 3 weeks I've gained 2lb, lost 2lb and STS so overall I'm still the same - it feels like my scales are stuck on 12st12 - they hardly ever move for long. I guess it could be worse though - the way things have been I could have easily put on half a stone over the last month so at least things are on an even keel.

I'm not going to make any ridiculous promises about drawing a line under it now and being 100% over the next few weeks as it's blatantly not going to happen. However I am going to pledge to try to eat well in between the big meals and not beat myself up if I go over syns on a few days. Over the next couple of weeks I have:
21st Dec - work Christmas party
22nd Dec - hand in essays & hubby promised me a trip to my favourite Chinese right by uni as a reward for all my hard work
23rd Dec - hubby's 30th birthday and we're going to pizza express
24th Dec - probably going out for a meal with hubby's family for his birthday
25th Dec - Christmas dinner with the in-laws (covered in fat) followed by a buffet style party in the evening at my family's
26th Dec - Christmas dinner with my family
1st Jan - meal out with the in-laws

OMG - that's massive and I haven't even factored in the fact that there's normally a family meal on the 27th/28th. I guess the answer is lots of superfree, limit potatoes, gravy and sauces and no syns during the other meals on those days. I'll also try to squeeze some exercise in somewhere.

Anyway - what will be will be and I'll accept it and move on. I *WILL* finish January lighter than I am now whatever happens over Christmas.

hey babes. you've done fantastically well over the last month to sts. i have had a blowout day today. i can't go to weigh in on wednesday it turns out so have let loose a bit early. that's it now though. being sensible when i can be. i don't want to be over 16st again come the new year, and like you, i would like to make it to my birthday at the end of january the same as i am now, if not slimmer. i want to look fab, ha.

good luck on getting those essays done!!

abz xx

Thanks Abz.

I'm up early essay writing and have also made a big pot of speed soup to use up all the veggies that we won't get chance to eat before we go away for the holidays. It smells delicious but I think 8:30 is excessively early for lunch!! It will be lovely when I get in from work at 2:30 though. I plan to eat it
every day for the next few days to try to limit the damage of the meals out I'll be having.

x

that sounds like a great idea... i might do that. i was wondering what to do with all my veg, ha.

abz xx

Happy New Year one and all!

Well I put on 3lb over the two weeks of Christmas which is 1lb less than last year so I'm happy ish but gutted to be in the 13s again. Hopefully I can lose 2lb this week and be back in the 12s and stay there this time.

Last year I kept to my resolution of not having mcdonalds, KFC or burger king. This year I'm going even further and banning all take-aways until I reach target. I found that during the last few stressful weeks of 2011 I was having far too many take-aways and since money is right it's not a good idea - even worse if you're trying to lose weight.

This weeks menu is planed and I'm really looking forward to eating healthily for the first time in a while. I'm out for a friended birthday on Sunday for a meal but think I can stay ontrack for the rest of the week.

I've set myself a Valentines challenge of being 12 stone 7 or under. That's 8lb in 6 weeks which will be tough but I think it's achievable.

Here's to a good week for everyone. X

Woohoo - I lost 2lb!

Feeling really good about that especially as I was out on Saturday lunch and only had a jacket potato while hubby had KFC and had dinner out last night and chose a healthy pasta under 650 calories and no starter or dessert. I made my weekly target and am back in the 12s, now only 6 lb to go in 5 weeks to make my Valentines challenge which should be easily doable - right?

I'm going to have to be super organised and motivated to lose this last 2 stone. Now that I've finished uni my hours at work have increased leading to more nights when I don't finish til 7 or 8. I also am starting my voluntary work with a vengeance again and will probably be out one or two evenings a week. I'll need to have lots of pre-prepared food and it's going to be tough but it'll be worth it in the end.

I've decided to really try and focus on getting to target over the next 5 months in time for my birthday in June. I also want my final graduation picture this summer to be one that I can look at and be happy with as I definitely won't be going to uni again, 3 times is enough! I' ve messed about since September really, only lost a few pounds and unless I want to be overweight for the next 3 years I need to start taking all of this seriously again. NO more excuses - uni's over and I hopefully I'll get a qualified job in the next few months with more regular hours and access to a fridge and microwave.

I'm hoping for another 2 lb this week to take me back to the lightest I've ben while on SW. Fingers crossed for a good week for all.

Another 2 lb this week! That's my Christmas gain gone plus another 1 lb so I'm feeling good! Now to lose 4 lb in4 weeks for my Valentines challenge so I think it's doable.

We went out to chiquitos on Saturday and I was good and had crabcakes and burritos which were the two lowest calorie things on the menu (700 calories for both). I also didn't get any chips with it. I know SW isn't about calorie counting but it's the best guide I have.

I'm starting to struggle a bit this week. I'm really cold and working 9 hour days so don't really feel like cooking whenI get in just want to veg out and pig out. It doesn't help that my uni results are due some time by Monday and I'm really stressed out. Maybe I should do some exercise if I ever get a minute - that should warm me up and cheer me up (endorphins).

I know I'm close to falling off the wagon if I'm not careful - I did go over my syns quite, a bit yesterday and I can make up for it during the rest of the week as long as I stick to about 5 syns a day. I don't want to give into this mood I'm in as I have been doing well since New Year - 4 lb in 2 weeks is one of the best fortnights I've had on SW which means it's also the kind of time when I start to self sabotage. I really want to keep losing every week til the end of January to give me a good start to the year.

Anyway - enough stressing. I know I can do this and my aim is to lose another 1 lb this week. Here's to a good rest of week.

Back