helzzz's diary - 59.5lb lost, 15.5 to go!

good luck with it hon. i'm really struggling too. had a total blow out day yesterday. i know my birthday is on tuesday and i'm likely to have a gain. and i know that my birthday meal out is next week so i need to be really good then too. i think in my head i'm not really starting until february but that isn't the case and i need to knuckle down when i can. so...

you've done so well to lose your christmas gain. i've got 4lbs to go and i think i'm adding to it. so go for it babes!!

abz xx

OMG - Can't believe I haven't posted for a whole month!

Anyhoo - as predicted I had a little bit of a wobble. Nothing major but I put on a pound I ended up at 12 st 12 AGAIN!! And then stayed there for several weeks. Last week I got a grip (and gave up choccy for lent at hubby's suggestion) and ended up losing 3lb! I'm lighter than I've been in years. Still a way to go but I'm feeling happy.

One of our friends has moved in with us for 6 months and while it's great I think it's a double edged sword in terms of weight loss. On one hand I won't pig out as much when she's here but on the other hand I think I'll find it difficult not being solely in control of all meals. I think she'll cook healthily for me so it's not all bad.

i think she'll follow the rules :) well done on the 3lbs babes. i was brilliantly good all week and gained 2lbs (think it's totm) and then went to a beer festival. oops. ah well. back on track :)

abz xx

I gained 2 lb last week as I wasn't good at all at the weekend whileI was in London with take-aways and meals out. The scales hovered between two before choosing the heavier one so I think it was more like 1 and a bit pounds. I've been mega good with food so far this week and done a long walk nearly every day but I am having a day out in York tomorrow so need to be a bit careful that I don't ruin all of my hard work. I'm really hoping that I can lose last week's 2 lb gain.

good luck babes :D

oh. what brand white sauce do you get? do you get a jar or a mix for sw? because making it is really syn heavy. and the jars seem to be as well!!

abz xx

I get own brand white sauce or cheese sauce sachets that you make up with water. They normally work out about 10-12 syns per pack and that makes four portions up so less than3 syns each.

Otherwise I've used jars but just a little bit on the top layer and it's not too bad for syns that way. X

Well, I'm a happy bunny again. I've given up chocolate for lent and it's clearly having a big effect on me.

Lent week 1 I lost 3 lb.
Lent week 2 I gained 2 lb (weekend away in London).
Lent week 3 I lost 3 lb.
Lent so far I've lost 4 lb in 3 weeks. :D

I really feel like I'm getting somewhere now. I'm only 1 stone heavier than hubby and just over a stone and a half from goal. I've made a big effort to walk lots over the lastweek and it's obviously doing something as I had a couple of meals out and still lost loads. (I was also really good during the week to give myself a but of leeway at the weekend).

This week I'm off on holiday and also going to my parents for the weekend for mother's day so may eat less healthily than normalbut hopefully will have time for some exercise. I'd still like a loss, even if it's just a small one to keep the momentum going.

Here's to a good week.

Well I didn't lose but I didn't put on either. Considering I was off on holiday I think that was AWESOME!

Still 4lbs down in the last 4 weeks so it's moving in the right direction. Hopefully be under 12 and a half stone by Easter and at least under 12 by my birthday in June. I say at least cos I'd love to be at target by then (23lb in 12 weeks seems difficult to achieve but at least I can get as close as possible).

I think I really need to start exercising to boost the weight loss. I'm applying for a promotion at work - if I get it I should be doing more regular hours and have chance to do some exercise in the evenings so fingers crossed.

well done on the maintenance honey. and good luck with your goal. i'm still being naff but i could be being worse. izzy is ill and sleep is non-existent so it's all in the air. but i'm doing the best that i can :)

abz xx

Long time no minimins - the new site threw me a bit and I've had major laptop problems (resulting in me buying a new one yesterday - YAY!) and my phone is rubbish at letting me write on minimins.

Well - I've been rubbish at coming on here and rubbish at sticking to SW. I've been up and down over the past few weeks with new job stress, interview stress, migraines etc. Anyway - decided on Friday that enough was enough and went to the gym on my way home to join and signed a 12 month contract. I had an induction yesterday which was tough but good. The machines are all fancy and you can set workouts at home, load them onto a USB and take them to the gym. At the end of the workout you can save your stats to your USB and go online and track your progress. Things like this excite me and keep me on track, especially if I get my hubby and brother to register online as my buddies and kick me up the backside if I'm not going.

I've just saved the next couple of days' workouts on the USB and am about to go to the gym. I intend to go 3 times a week at the moment and if I don't gym then at least do a class or swim. I need to do something as I'm taking forever, over the last few weeks I've yo-yo'd an am now 2 lbs heavier than my lightest (although feel like that will go up again tomorrow). It's 6 weeks to my birthday and I *WILL* lose at least half a stone by then. I have a dress to wear for my friend's wedding the day before my birthday which is fab and a size 12!!!! (I know that it is VERY generously sized) Although I could wear it now, I know I'd feel more comfortable if I was half a stone lighter by then.

I've updated my ticker and stats on here to reflect my progress and have planned my week's eating - I will lose weight next week - hopefully at least 2lbs to kick start me in the right direction.

As expected I put on 1lb this week. However - that is the last time I will say that for the next 6 weeks. I've done my food plan for the week and plan to exercise on Tue, Wed and Sunday this week and either Friday or Saturday. Hopefully this will mean at least a 2lb loss to kick start me!

Stubborn - me? Never! ;)

I lost 1lb this week. It's good - especially since I had a couple of meals out - birthday party and Mum and Dad taking me out to celebrate my new job! :D

On the positive side I went to the gym 3 times and have completed week 1 of couch to 5k. I feel like I'm okay to move onto week 2 so we'll see how that goes - don't know if I've ever managed to run for 1 minute 30 in my life before! I've been managing ok so far but ended up with achy calves - thing I need to get better at stretching before and after.

This week I have a hen do at the weekend which will include a meal out and some drinks. It's in Liverpool so I'll be at my Mum's mercy and she likes to get really nice desserts! Hopefully I'll have another loss though - will stick to the couch to 5 k and also have less than 10 syns a day during the week.

i'm gutted that you are managing to do the running thing and i'm not. my knees are wrecked :(

chuffed that you lost 1lb though babes. keep going :)

abz xx

Well, it's been 2 months since I was on here and I have not been a good girl for 2 months. I've put on about half a stone (although I weighed myself mid week as I hadn't even bothered to weigh on Mondays for a few weeks so it won't count as an official weigh in til Monday) :( I'm stressed at work and tired and then not wanting to cook when I get home. I've also been away lots at weekends and treating each one of them as a holiday!

Anyway the time has come to draw a line under it. I wanted to be at target by last Christmas initially. If I don't do something soon I won't be at target for this Christmas.

So. I've done a food plan for the rest of the month. Different recipes for every day but mainly quick easy ones during the week so I have no excuse not to cook. I have weekends away for two of the weeks in July however, I pledge to eat as healthily as possible and have also planned low syn weeks leading up to them so I have a bit of leeway. I will also go back to the gym again tomorrow! Hubby and I are going to go shopping today so the food is in ready and it gives me chance to go to the gym tomorrow rather than food shop on the way home.

I started being healthy yesterday. We went out with the in-laws for lunch and I chose a pasta in tomato sauce with chicken and bacon as opposed to something in a creamy sauce with chips. It also had garlic bread with it but it was still so much healthier than what I could have chosen that I felt good about myself.

It's my graduation on 17th - I was supposed to be at target by then - oops. But at least I can have lost another couple of pounds by then if I start now. At the moment I'm feeling positive again but I know that I need to keep it up. I'm considering joining slimming world classes again - I'll see how I get on over the next couple of weeks at home. I think I may well need the motivation of someone else weighing me to keep me going now, although I don't know why since I managed to lose 3st10 without a class.

I'll weigh tomorrow morning and come on here an adjust my stats and ticker. Then it's a brand new start. Then I can set an interim target for our holiday to Barcelona which is in 8 weeks!!!

Well day 1 of eating healthily has gone well!

breakfast:
weetabix (b), milk (a) and sweetener

lunch:
fried eggs (1) and beans on toast (9) with no margarine followed by fat free Onken yoghurt and banana

dinner:
prawn cocktail: prawns (b) lettuce and 2tbs home made seafood sauce (5)
spaghetti bolognaise: quorn mince, tomatoes, onion, peppers, kidney beans, tomato puree, pasta and cheese (a)

Plus have drunk 2 litres so far today!!

2 HEx As, 2 HEx Bs and 15 syns - a good start all round.

I'll weigh in tomorrow, face the damage and then see what I need to do to be at target before Christmas.

I've made plenty of spag bol so I have leftovers ready for lunch for the next two days. I also made a giant portion of mixed bean chilli at the same time so will be having that with rice during the week (probably a few times). Hopefully it'll mean that I have no excuse not to stick to the plan.

Well, I've faced the music (scales) and I've put on 6lbs since I was last on here. I pledge that by 15th Aug (a friend's wedding) in 5 weeks time I will have lost at least that 6lbs - if not more.

Feeling positive today even though I'm back in the 13s and have had to take off my 3.5 stone award off my signature. It will be back there in 2 weeks at the most! At least I'm not hiding from my weight (and the scales) any more.

Well I've been good for 3 days now.

Monday (day 2)
Breakfast: Weetabix (b), milk and sweetener.
Lunch: spag bol with cheese (a) crisps (6) and a banana
Tea: spinach and ricotta pasta (b) followed by fromage frais with an options stirred into it (2) and an alpen light spinkled on top (3)
Total syns =11

Tuesday (day 3)
Breakfast: Weetabix (b) milk (a)and banana
Lunch: spag bol with cheese (a) and velvet crunch (4)
Snack: 2 chocolates (~5)
Tea: chilli with rustic oven chips (2.5) followed by 2 alpen light (b)
Total syns: 12.5

I also went to the gym yesterday after about 8 weeks off. I foolishly decided that since I was ready to progress to C25K week 2 before that I still would be. I did it but it nearly killed me, my legs were like jelly by half way through. I really had to force myself to finish - don't think I would have done if I hadn't been on a treadmill. I can feel a little tightness in the front of my thighs today but no real pain so that's progress - I obviously warmed up and cooled down properly.

Hopefully day 4 will be as good as the last three days - I'm feeling positive.

Back