helzzz's diary - 59.5lb lost, 15.5 to go!

well done at the drawn line hon. it happens around our birthdays strangely enough :)

jealous about the trip to barcelona!! is the zumba thing good? still not sure whether to get an xbox or not...

abz xx

Woohoo! Last week's weight loss is gone.

3lb off for me. I'd have been gutted to get anything less this week. I've stuck to about 10 syns a day. Was at a meeting on Tuesday from 5pm to 9pm and managed to resist the sandwiches, cakes and crisps for the whole time - was very proud of myself! At the parents house this weekend I refused bacon and sausage butties both days - 1st day I made an omelette instead, 2nd day I made pasta.

Went out to Harvester on Saturday and had salad (only syns was coleslaw) and wholewheat pasta in a tomato sauce with rocket. It came with a piece of garlic bread but since hubby wasn't there I ate it (he hates the smell of garlic so I never eat it if he's around). It was over my syns for the day, not sure how many syns but I'd been so good I felt I deserved it and it was yummy! :D

I'm hoping for another 2lb next week (although will be * week so maybe a little optimistic). I've faffed about so much that I need to lose 2lb next week just to have lost any weight at all over June. Zumba here I come. I've only used it once this week - had so much to do for my voluntary work and uni work that I've been in meetings, on the phone or on the laptop all week and away all weekend.

how is the zumba babes? is it any good?

fantastic news on the 3lb loss. well done :D you're doing so well and looking great.

you know what i realised this morning? i've basically lost the weight of izzy and when i'm carrying her around she's a ton weight!! that's insane. and i have about four more of her to go!! scary!!

abz xx

Zumba's good - not done much of it as I've been ridiculously busy!

I've discovered mikado sticks today - wanted some low syn chocolate. Unfortunately I ate the box (18 syns). I'm having to re-think the rest of the week plan. It is first day of * week so I guess I have an excuse. I have been a good girl all week though so I think it'll be fine.

Good news today - I managed to take my engagement ring off my right hand where it's been wedged since our honeymoon nearly 2 years ago. It did take moisturiser and a lot of brute force but it means I'm getting thinner! :)

Ooops! I was a naughty girl last night. TOTM meant headache, backache and tummy ache, in addition to being absolutely shattered. I couldn't face cooking & was absolutely starving so got a chicken burger and chips from the takeaway! I think I could have happily ate all night - TOTM sometimes does that to me but I stopped after that (and a packet of crisps).

I'm planning on sticking to it for the next couple of days and hopefully will see some sort of loss - it's been weeks since I had two losses in a row!

good luck honey. it sucks when totm blows a hole in our plans. get back on track and hopefully you'll still get a loss. if you don't, you will next week, hopefully a whoosh when you lose all the water weight :)

abz xx

Well, I lost 1lb. I'd been hoping for more but then TOTM struck and I gave into lots of cravings. It means that I've yo-yo'd for all of June and ended up the same as at the end of May! :( At least I'm back to 2stone loss and I've lost for 2 weeks in a row (1st time since April) so hopefully I'm back on track.

Next goal is to be overweight as opposed to obese. I have 5lb for that, aim is to get there for my niece's christening at the end of July - 4 weeks at 1.25lb a week should be doable. I'm away every weekend between now and then so I'll have to watch myself that I keep on track.

We're off to the in-laws this weekend so I'm saving my syns - especially since MIL seems keen to sabotage me. No doubt she'll still tell me that she can't see any difference. I've decided that as long as she doesn't tell me I've put on it'll be a compliment.

Here's hoping that it'll be 3 losses in a row next Monday. X

well done on the loss babes. massive achievement to get back on track for july :D two stones is certainly nothing to sniff at :D

ignore the mil. or at least try. soon she'll be watching you're skinny ass walk away. that or tell you that you're looking too thin!! :D

abz xx

Thanks hun.

Another 2lb off for me today. 3rd loss in a row! :D Now just 3lb to get down into the overweight bracket for my niece's christening in 3 weeks. I'm thinking of upping my mini target for the christening. 4lb in 3 weeks will take me to half way to target. 5lb in 3 weeks will take me to my 2.5stone sticky. Overweight is obviously the first target but I think I'll keep the others in the back of my mind as extra inspiration but not let myself be too upset if I don't get there.

I'm feeling very good and back on track. I haven't been perfect this week (out for 2 meals with the in laws) and I have plans for the next 5 weekends that will involve eating / drinking. I guess the main thing is that I'm 100% during the week and make healthy-ish choices at the weekend. If I can keep losing for the next 5 weeks it'll be amazing but it's my aim.

This week I have planned every day except Saturday. I'm in London for a meeting all day Saturday - think lunch is provided then meeting up with an old friend for dinner before I come back. Will take some fruit and alpen lights with me to minimise the cravings.

wow!! well done babes!! i doubt i'll have lost this week. in fact i think i will have gained with all the carbs. then two weeks in denmark. i'll be huge again by the time i get back!! ah well. i'll worry about it then. good luck with your mini goal. hope it went ok with the mil!! :D

abz xx

Well, I've changed my stats - I was getting too caught up in getting half-way there etc. I've updated to include from when I first started SW in April last year as I'd lost 12lb between then and starting properly at home in December. Now I've lost 42lb in total and way over half way there! I feel like it will relieve some of the pressure. Still want to get to an overweight BMI by the christening but I'm sure I can do it!

Oh well - bad week. I put on 1lb which in the grand scheme of things is nothing - I've still lost over 2 stone since I restarted.

I had to hand in my evidence file for the placement on Thursday so I wrote 6000 words in a few days and also had to do the cross referencing. Was all in a tizzy and didn't have time to cook & hubby is sooo slow at cooking that I wasn't prepared to wait hours for him to cook so made him get take-away 3 times last week!!!

Then went to London on Saturday for a meeting which involved eating out for lunch and dinner, chips with both meals and ice-cream afterwards!!! It was lovely though so I'll take the hit for the weight.

I'm feeling okay about it - putting on 1lb is nothing, I did lots of walking at work and in London this week so think that counterbalanced it. The scales are still going in the right direction and I'm 1lb off 3 stone since I first started SW - that's awesome!

The line is drawn, this week is planned and shopped for and today's lunch and dinner are already in the fridge waiting for me :) Watch this space! I'm off to Mum and Dad's for the weekend but again cannormally eat quite healthily there.

sounds like things are going well hon. i'm not doing too badly over here in denmark. i am having treats but generally i'm eating healthily and my portion sizes are probably less than half of what they used to be. i've had pizza once and the odd danish pastry, i think three in total, but everything else has been pretty healthy so i'm happy with that. here's hoping it continues...

abz xx

Well done Abz, you're doing fab with all the temptation.

After saying I can eat healthily at my mum's, we went out for a chinese banquet for her birthday. After that I made the fatal mistake of saying sod it and ate white bread sandwiches with cheese and crisps on Sat and Sun and also had lots of choccy. Unsurprisingly I put 1lb on (I'm pleasantly surprised it isn't more)

I feel back on track today - I'm planned for the week, only having 5 or so syns per day as I'm going out on Friday for a meal with hubby to celebrate the end of my placement.

I'm also pledging to do 30 day shred at least on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday this week. If I don't do it someone needs to come round and kick me up the bum. I must lose weight this week or I won't have lost any for the whole of July :( I'm now 5lb above my mini target for next week so it's not looking very likely but I'm still aiming to get as close to it as I can.

1lb isn't too bad, you'll get rid of that in no time :D

You've been doing so well - it has inspired me to try SW for myself. I've tried calorie counting for a bit and it's just so boring. I just need to get around to starting up a diary on here... :rolleyes:

Good luck with the Shred, and I hope you have a lovely meal out with hubby on Friday :D

I lost 2lb this week!!!!

I finally feel back on track. I stuck to it all week except Friday tea time, which I had always planned to be a meal out. I had omlette for breakfast and jacket potato for lunch so that I had all of my syns and healthy extras for going out to try to minimise the damage. I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't feel guilty at all cos I'd been so good all week.

I'm also proud of myself that I spent most of the week essay writing and didn't give in to getting a take-away. Hubby cooked one night but otherwise I've been doing the cooking. I still have another week of essay writing to go but I've planned for the week and will shop at lunch time and I've planned meals that are easy to make and that even hubby can cook if things are getting desparate.

I've planned until Friday but then I'm off to my parents for the weekend for my niece's christening. I'm really looking forward to it but not to the massive buffet that will be available. I'm going to have to try to stick to meat, salad and eggs from the buffet. The party is at my parent's house so I'm going to have some home-made soup with me that I can eat if I'm feeling desparate but I think I can do it. Apart from today I'm having about 5 syns a day up until the weekend so I'll have some spare syns - I just don't want to go too mad on mini spring rolls and pizzas so I think I'll be best not allowing myself any at all.

This is my plan for the week:

Monday
B - weetabix (b) milk (a) banana
L - tuna salad with egg, cheese (a) lettuce, cucumber, mushroom and homemade coleslaw (1)
T - chicken fajitas: chicken, 3 wraps (13.5) 3 tsp salsa (0.5) spice (~1) cheese (a) no fat fromage frais, mushrooms, peppers, onions
Syn total: 16

Tue
L - tuna (b) mayonnaise (2) jacket potato
T - ham (4) and pea tagliatelle with cheese (a)
Syn total: 6

Wed
L - mild cheese and brocolli pasta n sauce (0.5)
T - vegetable and feta pasta: peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, red onion, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree (0.5) feta (b) pasta
Syn total: 1

Thu
L - home made soup, either carrot and coriander or butternut squash
T - chicken (b) parmesan (a) chips (2.5) home made coleslaw (1) beans
Syn total: 3.5

Fri
B - omlette: eggs, mushrooms, peppers, onion
L - homemade soup (same as Thursday)
T - at Mum's. So far it's an extra easy day that could go either way.

Sat
B -
omlette: eggs, mushrooms, peppers, onion
L - soup
T - buffet food

Sun
L - probably a chicken roast dinner from my mum: chicken, potatoes (SW style) carrots, parsnip, cauliflower, yorkshire pudding (3.5), gravy (1.5), stuffing (1.5)

T - soup
syn total: 7.5

I also have some home made jelly in the fridge at 0.5 syns per portion and will probably allow myself either one of these or an alpen light after tea each day - so probably add another 7 syns to the week. Still plenty left for the buffet on Saturday.

Wish me luck!

Oh - I almost forgot the best news. My size 14 jeans fasten. I say fasten as the word fit is taking it too far - probably need to lose another half a stone to a stone for that to happen but I'm a happy bunny none the less. They're also new jeans - still with the label on that I bought ages ago on an optimistic shopping trip so it's not like they're old jeans that I've stretched! :D

I only did shredding one day last week - work and essay writing kinda took over. I'm hoping that I can manage it a few times this week but I have to make sure that the essay writing is done first.

Well today hasn't been great - I've had an awful migraine so didn't manage to cook tea and couldn't face anything spicy. Hubby got us a chinese which was 22 syns. (Chicken fried rice = 16 and 8 prawn crackers = 6)plus 1 syn for mayo is 23 syns for the day. I can still easily pull it back .

Tomorrow's plan is the same as today was so will be 16 syns. I'll leave out Tuesday's plan and just have Wed and Thu and have had 43.5 syns + 1 for the jelly is 44.5 syns up until Friday which leaves me with plenty for the weekend! :D

Back