Herbs/spices and flavourings

Are we allowed to add paprika to our meals?
When I done CD I wasn't allowed to add nutmeg for some reason . I'm adding ground garlic, mixed herbs and paprika to my chilli and spag bowl. I don't have it every day but 3-4 times a week

I have it sometimes and it's fine. Apparently a teaspoon has 5 calories and zero carbs so no problem I think.

I hope they are ok, I have- cinnamon, nutmeg, garam masala or mixed spice with porridge, salad shaker herb thingies with salad, ground red and black pepper, ground garlic, dry herbs, mustard seeds, and chilli in different combinations on my meals! Dry herbs mixed into plain tuna is sooo nice..... I also have salad light sprays occasionally but I think I prefer a wee sprinkle of herbs!

Thanks,
Minim I never even thought of adding most of the things you add, you've given me some ideas
I can't wait for te summer to come so I can eat some salads with fry light dressing. Its to cold to have salad now :))

Thanks,
Minim I never even thought of adding most of the things you add, you've given me some ideas
I can't wait for te summer to come so I can eat some salads with fry light dressing. Its to cold to have salad now :))

I have salad most days, it's quite hot at work and it's easy to make! Perhaps I come across as some kind of gourmet chef with all my herbs and whatnot but really... I only started using all that stuff on S&S!

I sometimes add smoked paprika, chilli powder and pepper and a few drops of tobasco (my buddy on lighterlife told me I should only use red top so I do). I'm going try garam masala in my chilli soon.

Adds paprika to shopping list.... and tabasco! I got tha garam masala to go in the savoury meals and soup but I smelled it and it's sweet! So it goes in the porridge, so so yummy. I usually hate porridge now I look forward to it!

Tabasco... I love this diet more and more. There is so much we can add to make it variable.
Can we have red peppers? There on the Atkins list of ketogenic foods

rob said he was going to email out a new list of veg but i havent seen it yet?

i would defo say if it's atkins phase 1 friendly then it should be ok for this diet ? :confused:

Back