Here i am! *waves* - Brewin'a'Baby & Staying Slim! 2011 xx

Hi guys. Im back. So sorry iv neglected you-and my diary. ((hugs))
No more sickness and the occasional bit of strong nausia, i have no excuse to get back on plan. Its WI tonight but i gave my book back to my C a few weeks ago and have been weighing with my eyes shut- it was just so upsetting to watch it pile back on when iv worked so hard to get it off. So iv no idea of my exact weight. i recon maybe about 11st 7lb now. iv put on atleast a stone and a half.. but i need to control it else im going to be 5stone heavier or close to by the end.

so im starting today, though itl make no diff to wi tonight lol.

breaky: strawberry nom yogurt-0syns. Hot choc highlights- 2syns. 1 satsuma.

mid morn- two alpen lights. HEB

lunch- pasta with homemade quorn bolognese with cheese HEA-0syns. hartleys jelly 0.5syns. 1 apple.

tea- chilli con carni - 1 syn, brown rice. total 0% yogurt

the wife is providing dessert, but were both pledging to get abck on track so it wont be too bad, its a suprise though so will have to report back later!!xx

There's a thing online that tells you how much your baby will weigh and things your baby needs in there water etc... i'll try find it, as if you see exactly how much weight a baby and co takes up you maybe not be so hard on yourself.

It's NOT you gaining the weight back YOUR doing brilliantly! weight your gaining is just your baby. you gotta think placentre is in there water is in there baby is in there. when you gain baby weight try think wow my baby is growing and step closer to me meeting her/him instead of omg im putting on weight im fat!

as soon as your baby is born you lose a good 2 stone through everything your baby is!

don't beat yourself up x

i found this..

if your pre-pregnancy weight was in the healthy range for your height (a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9), you should gain between 25 and 35 pounds, gaining 1 to 5 pounds in the first trimester and about 1 pound per week for the rest of your pregnancy for the optimal growth of your baby.

thanks gemma! Glad to see your still here too! .. but i cant deny that its all me.. this baby + its bits and bobs.. certainly does not weigh a stone and a halfs worth at only 19 weeks. lol ..

off to fat club tonight, iv just heard my usual C is on hols so i seriously hope the step in motivates me!

Hey Fern if its any consolation I can only dream of being 10 stone 9 :D

I bet you look stunning have you seen holly willowbooby how great she looks I bet shes heavier than you.

Keep smiling and enjoy.

Hi guys sorry i didnt catch up last night.

Wi'd with step in C, but my C forgot to leave my book so had to have a new card, so i looked this week. i wasnt shocked. 11st 6.5 exactly- so exactly what i thought. my target weight is 10st 1 usually.

so today-
1 cadburys hot choc 2 syns. 1 plum

2alpen lights HEB

1 nom yogurt and some grapes.

more grapes.

nandos chicken- skin removed. Fino salad dressed in balsamic vinegar nothing else. spicy rice. diet coke.

mixed fruit salad - apple, mango, strawbs and melon

jelly 0.5 syns
freddo (are they 4.5??)

diet coke and loads of water

pasta with tinned toms, onions, peppers, caugettes and fresh cherry toms with slices quorn sausages and topped with cheese HEA seasoned.

i recon im still in syns and have REALLY tried today. Im so proud of myself for not getting a burger and chips!!! AND i even settled down to get started on an assignment for my home learning course that iv been putting on for month AND made a start on my notes for the next one... i feel so on top of things. GO ME!!!

the step in C was OK. bit looney- but she made a point of saying how great she feels when she manages just one day on plan, how it makes all the difference to her new week.. and shes right. one day makes all the difference because your less likley to ruin it if youv known in yoru heart youv had a 100% day.. deep down i know its a running pattern if i cave 'first day' of the week!

heres to tomorrow.. yay!! xx

Oh bum.

breaky- 2 syns, cadbury highlights. 1 plum, 1 orange. 2 alpens HEB

mid morn- hartleys jelly 0.5syns

lunch- laft over mini pasta with tinned toms, quorn sausage and mixed veg with cheese HEA, 2 oranges and 1 plum.

lots and lots of water.

.... now. this is were it all went wrong. being completly honest now:
1 fruit shortcake biccy
1 rich tea biccy
pack of galaxy minstrels
2 hot cross buns, one with spread
4 little time out choc bars from multi pack.
cadburys hot choc with milk.
1 burger, in white bun with ketchup and slice of fake cheese.

**** **** bugger. is all i can say.,

will be going for a two milk walk tomorrow and being VERY good for the rest of the week now.. see what bothers me is- OH wanted to go out for curry.. i say no. wanted to be good and insisted we get bbq out, bought burgers for OH and chicken breasts for me. .. and then i do this? sort it out fern!

Note to self. food i love:

chilli
curry
spag bowl
omlettes
baked potatoes
potatoe boats
sausage and mash
burgers
stir frys
pasta bakes
bbq chicken
tomatoe and garlic chicken
cooked breakfasts
chicken and bacon salads
steak
meatballs and spaghetti
passata sauce and pasta
roast dinners
fish, chips and mushy peas
kfc chicken & chippies
cottage pie

my mind is stuck.. cant think of anymore. . but have remembered a few old faves. maybe il spend today planning the weeks coming meals. love it. x

todays eating- 2 alpens HEB. nom fat free yog

hand full of strawbs

1 plum, 1 apple

bowl of chilli 1 syn, 0% fat free yog and cheese HEA at 11am, cos i REALLY fancied it LOL

1 apple, diet coke

now its half two now.. im not hungry- yet but doubt i will make it till tea time.. between 6-7 ish. so will have to think of somthing

tea- nandos flavoured chicken steaks ( i have seasoning to try out, yum) peas and new potatoes. :eek:)

thursday: potatoe boats madewith red onion and bacon, cheese and with baked beans.

friday: curry

saturday: this will be tricky- Mothers day eve, they ordering pizza. Im going to make bbq chicken, with cheesy mash. mmm need to be so full i cant possibly stomach pizza.

sunday: bangers and mash

monday: fish chips and mushy peas

tuesday: spag bowl

totally in love with food plan. i recon i can do it. :O)

god, very almost had a major issue earlier..

so i had 2 alpen lights HEB, ....

bowl of strawbs and a nom fat free yog

then all of a sudden at about half 12, i got a massive 'im going to be sick if i dont eat somthing now'.. panicing, i couldnt see anything quick in my cupboards (need to do a shop!) and spotted a time out bar.. determined to stay on track i panicked a few minutes more dithering.. then spotted a half pack of sweet onion ryvitas and new i had some left over laughing cow in fridge. problemo solved. 3 ryvitas HEB and 2 laughing cow cheeses.. then wacked on some pasta and quorn spag bowl with cheese HEA so i was proper full.. changed tea to a quorn bangers and mash and walah.. green day. ... *halo shineing!!*

Hi gals. .

So i dont hold much hope for wednesday wiegh in, however iv taught myself a valuable lesson today about A) how much i want this B) where my problem times are and c) actually just how **** bad food makes me feel.

i ran out of alpens this morn, unexpectedly (im sure i had more?!.. baby brain maybe, or Joes been at them.. most likely the latter.) so i grabed my ryvitas and had laughing cows on top. a yogurt..

had another yog mid morn as i was teaching and boy was i starving. Knowing im be starving by the time got to eat lunch as joe is never on time to pick me up and we had stuff to do, i took a small can of alphabet spaghetti, god i love that stuff. Nom nom, i believe baby does too cos he was having a right old dance in there after.

anyways, starting to get quite hungry, we went to ikea and went to food hall.

i try to pick well, they'r selling chicken breast with a pasta and veg dish. . joe has fish and chips. i also pick up a low fat yog which of course i knew would have syns, an apple and a plum.

I take one bite.. and i cannot even swallow for heaving. Oh my god iv never tasted anything so vile. Joe asks them if i can swap it, luckily they say yes. I spot some plain pasta i hadnt seen before from the childrens section and have it with a tiny bit of tomato sauce, no idea what was in it so wanted to be careful but didnt want to ruin my HEA with more cheese.................. and this is were it all goes wrong.

i, genuinly without thinking pick up a peice of garlic bread that is to the left of me when she passes me my food. *this is where you can tell iv been allowing myself everything recently, because i didnt think twice about what i was doing* half way through eating i think. *bugger* i shouldnt be eating this! Jade from work asked me to get her some cinammon rolls cos she loves them, i get two... wrap them up and put them in bag. Iv mindlessly eaten them as wev walked around the store.. and then realise iv eaten HER buns and couldnt be more thankful when i saw a frozen bag in the market downstairs by tills.. unedible and i wont ahve to explain why i dont have her buns.

i finish my fruit and yog and resign myself to having used days syns+ a lil more i expect.

.. we spend 3 hours walking around ikea. I bump into 3 mums i know, and chat with each one for a good 20 mins.. my feet are hurting and im getting increasingly tired whilst Joes getting more and more frustated with my descion making skills.

Im almost in tears by the time we leave through pure exhaustion. I really need a nap. He pulls over in tescos on way home, which was a 40 min drive in itself, never mind the time we spent in the carpark as joe forced the set of drawers and coffee table + random crap into van.

i just flipped. and have now eaten a whole pot of pic a mix.. the whole time i was filling the cup i was like 'dont do this!' but i had had enough and whilst i didnt really enjoy any of it, and god do i feel crap.. i felt so crappy it was like my only option almost, even though this is a completley irrational way of thinking.

i feel very sick, and to top it off. i dont even like the draws now that joe is half way through putting them off, but i darent tell him, as he warned me he'd bring me back and leave me with the drawers if i made him return them. *sob*

Okay guys. So i went to fatclub this morning as wev got plans this eve- iv gained 3lbs. It has to be said, i was a little shocked given that A) i was weighing in on a morning and B) iv really tried this week.. however its not been 100% week at all, im more shocked that its 3lbs rather than a little less rather than a gain itself.. but actually its given me a real kick. im dangerously close to hitting the 2st mark (im now 11.9.half) and i really want to shift a few lbs, before holiday because otherwise i recon it could be a 3.5stone gain by the end of the pregnancy if i dont try harder.

I am mostly dissapointed in myself. Atleast if i could hand on heart say id given it my all,. and i still gain i KNOW its baby.. rather than me. Because up untill now, it is me.. all me.

I had a god awful day food wise yesterday, i emotionally ate my way through everything and anything and so i wouldnt be suprised if a little of that gain is because im still processing the vast amount of food consumed yday.

Anyways, i walked to sw this morning, so thats about a mile and a bit, so thats a good start.. i had two alpen lights HEB and iv had an apple and a banana, and a cadburys hot choc (2syns) .. which im glad i took into my mums as she had donuts going which were hard to resist, but i did! ..

im going to have a slimmingworld cooked breakfast now..- 1 eatsmart sausage (1/2syn) 3 rashers of bacon, some baked beans, tomatoes and a very well done egg :D

im going to decide on tea later.

Iv done a massive food shop.. iv got some haddock for fish and chips, beef for a roast dinner sunday, chicken for a a curry.. and sausages for sausage and mash at some point. i'm super well prepared. Loads of yogurts, lots of fruit.. i WILL do this.

okay so todays eating
Wednesday:
breakfast; 2 alpen lights HEB, a smidgen of orange juice 2syns(like quater of a glass, it was nothing!)

weighed in at group, had an apple and water

got to my mums at 12, had a hot chocolate with a drop of milk soo 2.5 syns and a banana

2pm i had 1 and a half eat smart sausages so 1syn (1/2 syn each) scrambled eggs, 2 rashers of bacon with fat removed. sliced cherry tomatoes and baked beans. Water and a shape fat free yogurt

3pm- apple

6pm- apple

7pm Tea time- spaghetti with passata sauce - red onion, garlic, red pepper, passata, seasoning and various herbs, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar and wochester sauce topped with cheese HEA followed by a plum and another shape yogurt cos i was SERIOUSLY hungry!

lots of water, 5.5 syns in total.

No chocolate, no crisps, no sneaky things uncounted. Im feeling good.
+ 1 and a tiddle bit mile walk today.

am nervous for tomorrow, OH has just announced MIL bday meal is at Zizi's. am off to look at menu but i know it wont be good. *bangs head against wall* im really up against it this week.

i looked at my book today (after having given it to my consultant and not looking at the scales the past few weeks) turns out up untill 2 weeks ago id gained exactly a stone. Not to bad for almost half way through.. but i gained 5.5 flipping lbs last week, and another 3 this week. Im absoloutly appauled, and completly gutted as i know getting that back off will be incredibly difficult, and now im alot closer to being 2 stone heavier at only mid way, than 1 stone.
Pissed right off at myself. I cant believe i allowed myself to get so bad. Will focus on the positive and remain hopeful that i can stay on track this week.

Hi ladies! sorry i couldnt get to you yesterday!

yesterday i had 2 alpens HEB apple

i had 2 apples

2 shape yogurts when at softplay with neice!

lunch- jacket potatoe, cheese and beans HEA with salad

mid afternoon i had a small can of alphabet spaghetti - as we were off to zizis in the eve for his mums birthday, somthing i couldnt avoid and i was totally worrying i wouldnt be good!

im so proud of myself..

so i had another apple and plum and diet coke (whilst they all had hot choc and choc sticks in costa!)

then came zizis.....

i did nick half a breadstick and dipped in olive oil and balsamic..

and i orders chicken in smoked ham with green beans and potatoes- i ate the tots, and the green beans but the chicken was REALLY buttery and had an odd taste, so i ate half, and left the rest.. and drank water .. NO DESSERT.

i was REALLY craving somthing sweet, esp as i was still unsatisfied and hungry from the meal.. so when i got home i had a hot choc with a dash of milk 2.5 syns before bed and it soothed me :D

so still some synage, but im SO proud of myself. especially cos i love breadsticks :cry:

so today!

breakfast: 2alpen lights HEB, 1shape yogurt.. 1 apple, 1 plum

shape yogurt mid morning

lunch- pasta with tuna, spring onion and cucumber and drop of light mayo 1syn
carrot sticks and grapes

half a can of baked beans and cheese HEA

tea will be homemade curry- brown rice, vlf yogurt and chicken curry will be 1syn. no poppadoms ( bought spiced poppadoms because i know i REALLY dont like them!)

were going to his sisters this eve to look after the girls whilst they go out, they always have chocolate out, so i MUST resist.. so will eat so much curry im so stuffed i cant possibly eat anything at all!!!

Im so proud of myself despite having zizis, i did my best and am counting this 3rd day completely on plan 100%!! yay!!

and my mums got another chest infection *sad times* but means pizza is cancelled, so although i was gunna cook for myself, even less temptation. .. i CAN DO THIS!!

baby is kicking me LOADS now. Especially when i have full bladder, i think he gets squished! apparently baby is size of a cantalope melon now.. im officially half way!! WHOOOOOO :D

todays eating:

2alpen lights HEB apple

apple

bacon medalions, baked beans, cherry toms and 1 egg

melon & few cubes of white choc... 6 odd syns maybe?

yogurt and jelly 1/2syn

banana

little can of alphabet spaghetti..

chilli con carni and rice with cheese HEA and natural yogurt 1 syn

i am aware im eating kinda like a mini meal before tea, but im finding the stretch between lunch and dinner far too long and no amount of fruit fixes that.. i suppose even if it means no weight loss then atleast im eating healthy and not the white bread and choc cake my baby is SERIOUSLY craving.

breakfast: 2 alpens HEB
2oranges
1 apple hot choc 2 syns

pasta with tuna and cheese HEA

shape yogurt, apple

2 pears hot choc 2 syns

mash 1 syn, sausages 1 syn, baked beans and peas

6 syns. God today has beeen SO hard. i even had to sleep for 3 hrs this afternoon to avoid eating the entire betty crocker cake waiting to be mad in my cupboard! x

Hi fern
I put on lots of weight with my son (4 st) So when I got preg with my daughter, I told myself I would be good and keep track of my weight. I tried my best to eat healthy.
Yesterday was cleaning out some paperwork and found my weight record....

Before isobel 10st 1lb
End of preg 12st 4lb
After Isobels birth 11st 5lb

I think that its normal to drop around 1st right after baby has arrived. Then I had around another st to drop, to get back to start weight.
I'm a little sad because today I weigh 10st 1lb, but I got down to 8st 12lb (I'm not housing a baby, just couldn't say no to choc orange & carrot cake)
I dont know if this helps. I think you are doing so well, because you keep going to sw. The worst thing is to pretend it not happening, the moment I stop weighing myself it all goes wrong!!!
Good luck, your making I lovely, healthy little bubs x x x

((hugs)) thanks for checking in on me.. its nice to know im not just rambeling to myself. . id love to go and hide under a rock and never weigh till after baby though! haha

Hi fern, just read through your diary and what a journey! you should be so proud of yourself!

You have probably heard this a millions and one times, but try and relax! Sometimes I find when I want something so bad that i tend to get really involved in it and it ends up hindering me rather than helping.

I bet the times you didnt worry as much about food while being on plan were the weeks when you lost the most!

your metabolism slows while you are pregnant, its inevitable im afriad but you know you can do this, even if its not for you do it for the little one!

keep up the great work hun!

xx

Back