Here i go again! Will i do it this time?

You sound so positive Rhi - I know exactly what you mean about the 'not weighing means excuse for being bad' and how brilliant that you are looking at ways to avoid that scenario if possible. That shows what a change of mindset you are having. It's just wonderful.

It must be so hard trying to cope with ME, I really feel for you and I can relate to the depression I get this also. I think one of the OP (sorry so far back cant remember the name) suggestion of setting 1/2 stone goals is a really good one .. the lifecoach book I mentioned in my own diary suggests you set quarterly goals, then take stock and review - so my first goal weightlosswise is to lose 1 1/2 stones, 7lbs a month .. if I manage to achieve it I will have lost the 6stones Im aiming for, plus 7lbs sounds much more achieavable to lose, lol.
Something that has helped me, is just not letting any 'junk' food come through the door - probably a little harsh as I have a 12 year old daughter but the amount of times I've just sat watching TV whilst eating my way through a packet of biscuits 'because they're there' is nobodys business .. its like they're calling me, I suddenly think there's a packet of hobnobs in the cupboard, then I resist, keep watching the TV, but my mind keeps going back to those biscuits, I make a cup of tea and resist, then everyone goes to bed .. then the rest is history and in the morning I get 'I thought we had a packet of biscuits' from my husband lol .. well since not allowing biscuits, sweets, crisps, cakes etc through the door I havent binged - I might have had couple of rounds of toast and marmite because I felt I needed to satisfy my hunger (or habbit!) but thats no where near as bad as the rubbish I was eating every night because it was there.
good luck with your weigh in tomorrow by the way ;)

Sorry just a really quick post to say i managed to get to the WI after ds's school play. I will reply to everyones messages tomorrow morning.

I got on the scales and have STS. I am gutted! :( I have tried so hard this last week although obviously not exercised as much due to being ill so would have expected some sort of loss :( I guess it's better than a gain so maybe it will reflect in the scales next week. i really hope so. I feel totally demoralised now :(

sorry for the low post. x

Awww Rhi :( That happens!!! Sometimes people go for 2-3 weeks without losing anything, and then all of a sudden they WI and have lost 8 pounds! Don't give up, physics says you WILL lose weight :patback: :hug99: I'd be upset too. You can do this though!!

Miss F is so right Rhi,
and your right too- its not a gain, thats when to feel gutted :hug99::flowers: get ready for a biggie next week. XX

The good and not so good weeks balance out in the long run... keep focussed and keep the chins up :D

Whats one little STS blip on a set of scales, when you have a lifetime of being gorgeously slim ahead of you - take inspiration from all those 'success' stories in the slimming mags, they didnt lose every week ;) good luck for next week :)

Thanks everyone. You've all made me feel a little better. I am not going to give up just coz of this so will keep plodding on. I've had my optislim shake for breakfast so at least the day has started off well.

Got my ds's performance in his music concert at the school tonight. He's playing the recorder and singing in the choir. This will be the 3rd night running i'll have been up at the school lol. You can tell it's almost the end of term! lol

xxx

So pleased you are feeling more optimistic this morning Rhi {hugs}

That's the right attitude, now remember I stayed the same 2 weeks ago..and lost 5lb this week, it really does happen :) the first sts i got a couple of months ago, i initially felt like you, gutted and upset...but made myself 'keep going' and reaped the benefits since! I coped with the recent sts in a different frame of mind, because i now accept that it can and does happen..and i focused on the following weigh in, put all your positive energy into the next WI, you'll be glad you did!!!!

p.s. if you feel you would benefit from a little more movement, then go for it...and remember to make sure you are eating enough to kick start the old metabolism lovey..crazy as it sounds, too few cals make the body hold onto fat reserves for dear life :)

Enjoy the concert, aww the recorder, reminds me of my school days..many moons ago!!!!

I think you just had an STS this week to keep me company! Very thoughtful, but next week lets both do really well! Fingers crossed!

Sorry not been on for a few days. Felt lousy again most of the weekend with a throat infection. I did manage to go swimming on friday night and zumba on saturday morning despite not feeling brilliant and felt a lot worse by saturday night. I had hoped to go to the gym last night but i wasn't well enough. I had some antibiotics left over from last time i had a throat infection (i know naughty me not finishing the course last time) so have taken those which now seem to be helping. Might try and do some zumba at home tonight if i am up to it later. I did have takeaway on saturday night i have to admit but the rest of the time i have been really good. I weighed myself this morning and so far i have STS so the takeaway hasn't affected me so hopefully i can get some off before thursday as i always find weekends the hardest.

How is everyone else? x

hello Rhi

i'm fine thanks :) a sts is good, especially after your wee treat! You'll see a loss on thursday, I'm sure of it :)

Hope you feel better soon. You might need a complete course of antibiotics to clear up throat infection, See how you go, drink plenty and get well soon :)

Thanks Rose. I only have 1 more days worth left (remember it;s the course i didn't finish ages ago lol) so i will see how i am after today. If i have to ask the doctor for some more i will do as i do need to see one this week as i am almost out of my antidepressants too lol. So far today i am feeling a bit better than yesterday. I hate throat infections and unfortunately i seem prone to them thanks to the ME. I hate this horrid illness. I wish it would just go away and leave me to get on with my life!

Glad to hear your well Rose. xxx

Just managed 30 mins on Zumba fitness on the wii. Go me.

Also just found out that my daughter has got a place in the special educational needs unit attached to a mainstream school we applied for. Yay. I have been soooo anxious about if she'd get a place or not x

Just read your diary and wanted to wish you good luck and keep up the good work! :) I have re-started today after having a few months off dieting all together due to busy final year in uni. Bring it on, we CAN do it :)

Ooooh good good good about your daughter's placement!! Hopefully she can get the help she needs (and so can you!!) at this placement.

Well done on the exercise :D , but I suggest taking a couple of days off to let your body rest a bit :hug99:

Well done on the Zumba and fantastic news for your daughter. Things are looking up for you methinks. Have a great day.

Hi Princess-Jader - Good luck on restarting. I notice we're a similar weight so i'll look forward to following your progress. What plan are you doing? Your right, we CAN and WILL do this.

Hi MissF - Thanks for your kind words. I did take Sunday off the exercise so i am doing ok at the mo thanks. Off to the gym with my husband tonight but promise i will take it slightly easier than normal there. I really hope i get a good loss on thursday at WI.

Thanks Barb - I soooo hope your right. It's about time things went right for us for a change.

Well back in the office today which i always find easier for the diet as i haven't got the food around me to snack on. I've had my shake for breakfast and have to admit i am quite enjoying them now. :)

3 weeks on thursday until my 2 week holiday in Lanzarote. I can't wait as we badly need a holiday. The only thing i can wait for is the weight gain that will come from a 2 week all inclusive holiday :s I am going to try and be sensible this year though and not have a cooked breakfast every day (which i love!). I might treat myself to one every 3/4 days. Any maybe stick with drinks such as malibu and diet coke etc rather than loads of wine/beer.

How is everyone else doing today?

xxx

Back