Here i go again! Will i do it this time?

Well done Rhi...you have strong willpower :) sorry to hear things were a bit hectic earlier. In the past, with the tantrums, i tried very hard to ignore them, unless they were for a very good reason! Try distracting her with something else that she enjoys doing? does she like music or singing? Maybe a favourite nursery rhyme or something that will catch her attention, or a fave kids programme. My wee one at that age responded to things like that or postman pat, night garden or fireman sam, whoever he was obsessive about at that time, so he would watch a dvd with me, over and over again, up to 6 or 7 times! Yes, very draining, but it stopped the tantrum and screaming in about 20 mins or so.
It's not easy lovey, and does wear you down, but even if you have to take yourself off into another room, while she is safe elsewhere...and let it all out, a few minutes of tears release all that tention and stress, i was often red eyed when wee cherub was that age..there is light at the end of the tunnel!
What do the professionals suggest you do in stressful tantrum times? Maybe a different approach?

anyway, you stuck to your eating plan, i'm proud of you, as jumping into the biscuit tin would only have made you feel upset and disappointed tonight, so round of applause Rhi for not giving in to emotional stress and an upsetting time :)

p.s. i got your pm okay last night, thanks! :)

Thanks for the advise Rose. The problem was that i couldn't really spend any time with her as such as i was meant to be working. I'd already lied to my boss and said she was elsewhere and i have only just started being allowed to work from home so i am kind of still at the proving myself stage. we got through it though and she ended up watching Mickey mouse clubhouse which she is obsessed with at the moment. lol

Portage have suggested that i talk her through her emotions when she is having a tantrum, such as saying awww Lucy is sad and angry because she isn't allowed to do xxx. It seems to work when they try it with her but she gets worse when i try it. lol. i feel really stupid doing it so maybe that comes across i don't know.

I have to admit i am proud of myself too for not bingeing. I'll be fine when i am back at work tomorrow as i won't have the naughty temptations when i am there. i'm off out for a meal with a friend tonight but going to still try and be reasonably good and not have anything like a burger etc.

Glad to hear you got my pm last night. it doesn't show in my sent box which confused me and it didn't say it had sent. lol.

I hope you've had a good day. xxx

That seems common with children, some reponse to behavior works quite well if it comes from somebody who is not a part of the family!

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it :) I will remember you for future upsets! ;) :hug99:

Well done on not bingeing! I was having snack cravings last night when I was feeling down but am back on the wagon today.

Have a lovely evening :wavey:

Well done on getting back on the wagon yesterday MissF. It's always hard to get back on track when you've slipped off i find but you did it so well done. Please don't forget me if you need to talk. I really am only a pm away. (That sounded really corny didn't it lol. :-S )

Thanks MsPiggy. I had a lovely evening out. Tried to stick to the diet and had a reasonably healthy main meal but couldn't resist a pudding so i am going to have to work extra hard at the gym tonight i think.

Had my optislim shake for breakfast and so far so good :) xxx

Hi Rhi,
glad you had a nice time, Rose is right, one wee pud will be fine you will work that off in the gym and still be happy on weigh day:)

Hi Rhibennett, Just thought I would pop in and let you know I think that you are doing wonderfully especially with having the extra worry about your little one, must be very tiring indeed!
Was interested in the fact that you refer to the Optislim Shake which I have never heard of before and I didn't realise that these were in the WW programme either... Am very impressed when anyone manages to stay on a "shakes" style of dieting.. me? I likes my food too much for that....:D

All the very best to you...:)

Thanks Rose and MsPiggy. I hope your right. I had a sneaky weigh on my scales yesterday morning and had actually put on 1lb which i don't understand as i have been really good apart from the small binge on sunday lunchtime but even then it would have been within my ww points. :( I am on antidepressants and i always find that they make loosing weight extra hard and then i get really down when i don't loose which makes it even harder again to stay on track.

Thanks for your support Emma. The optislim shakes are weight loss shakes similar to slimfast which you can get from Lloyds pharmacy. Their not on the WW plan but you can point them. I really struggle with bingeing during the day esp when i am bored so the idea was that i cut food out during the day completely and just have the shakes so i try and reduce my addiction with food. I have only been on them since last wednesday and have had one day where i decided to eat a sandwich for lunch as i was ill and craving food badly. It is really hard though but it's a desperate attempt to loose weight really Which diet are you following? Looks like your doing really well.

xxxx

Hi Rhibennett, have read your diary, congratulations with your first loss! But I'd like to comment something on those shakes. You say you use all your willpower not to eat "regular" food, you want to cut it completely and say that you still crave for it. Of course you crave for it, because it's natural. Even if those shakes have all nutrients we need (which actually I doubt a lot), you don't chew them (and we have teeth perfectly designed for doing this), you don't enjoy the natural smell and taste (and again our brains need these signals to feel satisfied), you don't relax, you always live with your willpower on. Are you going to live this way all your life? Maybe a better way is talk to yourself, do not punish your body, your brains, the whole you with all those restrictions, but just talk and find out what do you need, why does your body crave for certain things (maybe it wants a cake because the cake reminds it of a brilliant party you had, or maybe you feel bored, or maybe you want to punish yourself for something). It doesn't mean you have to eat loads of cakes but if you find out what actually your body wants you can give it to your body in other ways but cakes, or even if it's a cake, a tiny piece will be enough. What do you think?

That's a good way to look at it. Maybe i will have to have a think about things a bit more. Actually the shakes taste really nice so i am happy to stick with them but maybe if i am craving actually eating something i ought to not cave in as such but go with something healthy or whatever it is in moderation. I only have the shakes for breakfast and lunch and i usually add an apple to the lunchtime one so i am chewing something and then i have a healthy dinner in the evening so it's not like i don't eat.

Thanks for your support. xxxx

Uva is absolutely right -- I recently finished a book called "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" and it's amazing how many emotional connections we have to food!!

Have a great day :wavey:

Hi Rhi...

I absolutely agree with the other posters... If you're hungry snack on something healthy, if you let the hunger pangs get to you, you'll reach for the closest thing to you, even if it is a yorkie (I'm craving a yorkie atm) :eek:

Keep it up... you're doing great :)

I think you all might have a point. I guess if I feel the need to munch the most important thing is to plan something healthy to munch on and get me past my craving.

Well today has been ok. Had my shake for breakfast and lunch along with an apple at lunchtime. Then when we got home from work we had to go to ds's school for a celebration of learning evening. The kids and DH all had ice-cream there but I managed to resist temptation which I feel really proud of. :)

Also been to the gym and managed 42 mins of cardio. Went on the running machine and managed to run for 10 minutes out of the 17 minutes I was on there (walked 2mins, ran 4 mins, walked 2 mins, ran 3mins, walked 2 mins, ran 3mins and finished off with another minute walking) also did 15 minutes on the bike and 10 mins on the handbike. It actually felt good to be able to exercise again as I've not been fit enough to do any since last Friday night.

For tea I'm having salmon (yes again!), mash, baby corn and mangetout. Mmmmm xxx

I think you all might have a point. I guess if I feel the need to munch the most important thing is to plan something healthy to munch on and get me past my craving.

Well today has been ok. Had my shake for breakfast and lunch along with an apple at lunchtime. Then when we got home from work we had to go to ds's school for a celebration of learning evening. The kids and DH all had ice-cream there but I managed to resist temptation which I feel really proud of. :)

Also been to the gym and managed 42 mins of cardio. Went on the running machine and managed to run for 10 minutes out of the 17 minutes I was on there (walked 2mins, ran 4 mins, walked 2 mins, ran 3mins, walked 2 mins, ran 3mins and finished off with another minute walking) also did 15 minutes on the bike and 10 mins on the handbike. It actually felt good to be able to exercise again as I've not been fit enough to do any since last Friday night.

For tea I'm having salmon (yes again!), mash, baby corn and mangetout. Mmmmm xxx

Now that is a really fabulous day, Rhi! Your food is great and you had no icecream (which would be quite the feat for me as well)! You SHOULD feel proud of yourself. :clap::clap::clap: That is excellent. :D

And well done on 42 minutes of cardio! I tend to do my cardio in intervals as well. At the start of the summer, for whatever I was doing (whether it be biking or jogging), I would go one minute hard, and one minut easy. Well soon I was doing 90 seconds hard, 60 second easy -- then it was 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy and now I am doing 2.5 minutes hard and 2.5 minute easy! You may want to try doing something like that for running. Your workout looks EXCELLENT.

Listen to your body for signs of fatigue; if you think you should take the day off tomorrow or have a much shorter work out, do what your body tells you!

Proud of you hon! :party0011:

Hi Rhi,
what a great lot of posts from everyone, and you know it would just end with you feeling guilty if you gave in to the fat laden stuff your body would really rather do without, especially when its not getting a chance to digest the amount of solids that its used to, fresh pineapple works for me when i want something sweet, probably because i have forgotten the craving by the time i've peeled and chopped the bloomin thing, or if its something stodgy i make soup with pulses in it and freeze a few portions, you are doing too well to give in to temptation, its much nicer when you are excited about weigh day, thats much better than dreading it :scale:

You've made the right decision Rhi, snack on something healthy if your body is craving it. Even a couple of crackers with a low fat cheese triangle, or a banana, small bowl of cereal, sugar free jelly, 2 wee tea biscuits etc etc.
In the early days, when i was weaning myself off crisps and the habit of munching them while reading, i switched to ryvita minis...then sugar free chewing gum! my mind told me I was eating and my mouth went through the motion of chewing....now i don't have anything :) I just read a newspaper or magazine food free!

Fab workout and well done on resisting the ice cream, it will soon become natural to resist all the goodies...honestly!!!!

I take my hat off to you for coping with the meal replacement drinks, i tried them a long, long, long time ago..i lasted 2 days!!! :D

Good luck for another good day tomorrow!

Well, healthy snacks of course are better than unhealthy ones, but I do agree with my one of my favourites Adam Douglas "Resistence is Useless". My point is do not resist anything. If you want an ice scream - give it to yourself. But don't sneak, don't steal it from yourself. Lay the table, dress up (when I lived with my bf only I did dress up for all meals, now we're living with his parents, not possible anymore ((), and eat with dignity, enjoy every little teaspoon. I know it might sound strange but it did work to me. When I stopped resisting, cancelling, cheating myself, I feel much more comfortable with myself. I do sometimes eat treats that are supposed to be unhealthy, but much less than I used to. I remember cancelling ice scream to myself, and then go to the shop in the middle of night, buy 500 g pack and eat it at once. Now I do treat myself with ice sream sometimes, but it's always just a cone, and I'm full. And I'm slimming, too.

And as for the cardio exercises - wow! that sounds a great workout! I've read that cardio exercises burn fat very fast. Good luck! ))

Thanks everyone for your kind words. You all make a lot of sense so i really appreciate your tips. I will definitely take all your advise and use that if i have the urge to snack.

Uva - the reason i want to stay away from certain foods is because i tend to binge on them if i can. I would have eaten the ice-cream and got the taste for it and then stopped and got some more at the shop on our way home when i had to stop there anyway. It's easier to resist things like that on times although if we are going out for a day somewhere then i won't deny myself the ice-cream as a treat.

Rose - The meal replacement drinks aren't too bad as i only have them for breakfast and lunch and eat healthily in the evening. I did get myself into a cycle where i was eating badly at a weekend and then to try and get the weight off i'd put on over the weekend i'd not eat breakfast and lunch on working days so starve myself to get the weight off. As you can see doing that hasn't worked so the shakes are more than i have been used to really so it's better for me. Does that make sense?

Mspiggy - Thanks for the pineapple tip. I love pineapple so will def be trying that one when i get a sweet craving. I have such a sweet tooth!

Missfortissimo - Thanks for your kind words about my workout and explaining yours a bit more. I felt really good doing it so hopefully i will be able to give it a try again when i go to the gym on sunday.

Well i've had my shake again for breakfast. It was strawberry this time. I am actually finding that is helping a bit with the sweet cravings as there is also chocolate ones and choc mint ones, bannana ones etc. Might try and do half hour on zumba fitness later too.

Got the afternoon off work today as my DD has a physio appointment as she suffers from low muscle tone. So i'm hoping i will have a bit of time to do the zumba when i get home before i go and pick ds up from the childminder. Then he's in a school play tonight which i have managed to get a ticket for. (They had said they were completely full for tonights performance and i can't go to the tomorrow mornings one but i persuaded them to let me in tonight :) )

We're at the school tomorrow evening too as he's in a music concert so it means i can't go to my weigh in tomorrow night :( I'm hoping that we will be out in time for me tonight to rush to another one that's close to me so that i can still get weighed this week. In the past if i've not been able to go i've thought sod it and had a bad week but this time i really am hoping i can make the effort and go to another class for the WI. Please Please Please let ds be out quickly from his play tonight.

How is everyone else today?

xxxx

Good morningRhi :)
yes your meal replacement drinks plan makes perfect sense, thankyou! There seems to be a nice variety of flavours too, enjoy!

Hope all goes well at DD's physio today, and enjoy the school concert this evening, here's hoping it all goes to plan and you still manage a quick weigh in at the end of it :)
AND a school concert tomorrow..busy 'mummy' duties i see..don't you just love end of term activities ;)

Have a good day :)

Back