Here I go again.....

Hi Bex,

I have the same thing with the weight stalling but 4-5 lbs a week would be quite high. It should even out to a stone a month so more like 3.5 a week. If you think about it that way you are 4.5 pounds ahead of the game. Even if you exclude your 1st week the next 4 are 12 pounds, that's a pretty damn brilliant loss.

I would be happy with 3.5 a week! I know I guess that because I'm on so few calories and going without so much I'm expecting more than I'm getting. Thanks x

I know exactly how you feel, I've only managed 11 pounds in the last 5 weeks, and it should be more like 17.5. I am just trying to focus on my clothes and how they feel.

I want more too. As STS or 1lb loss just doesn't seem worth the sacrifice

I've done 7lbs in the last 3 weeks, was really hoping for a good loss this week as I know I'm having afternoon tea on Thursday so I will be out of ketosis it's only going to be one meal but I'm already on the back foot for next Tuesday's weigh in so I'm going to be like 8lbs in 5 weeks at this rate! Unless I drop like 3 lbs today lol x

So Cambridge average carbs a day is 42 I think we are on about 60 ? Is that right? Could this be the problem our carb intake needs to be lower? But I know MrsN and I have ketostix and they show we are in ketosis so that shouldn't be it right! Arrgggghhh I'm so confused right now lol x

I think it might be? I'm wondering if I did 2 products plus some protein of 200cals would I be better off?

Atkins says no more than 22 carbs a day? We are way over that or am I looking at this wrong and getting my knickers in a twist lol x

I think it might be? I'm wondering if I did 2 products plus some protein of 200cals would I be better off?

Think I'm going to try this MrsN it's just frustrating as we are in ketosis so I just don't understand it x

Ok I'll try too after weigh in tomorrow then I can compare the week.
Need to work out what would be 200 cals of protein. I don't eat fish so thinking chicken breast.

The problem with not using the 3 products is the loss in nutrients that could then put you into starvation mode and bam, same problem, no loss.

Ketosis in my opinion is not even worth thinking about. I just view it as that time when I stop being hungry. You can lose weight out of ketosis and also not lose weight in it. Ketones are a bi-product of fat burning but there is no way of telling if that is dietary or stored.

Being carb sensitive is a possibility. As I understand it there are products that you can use on a 4 a day plan, I would assume these have lower carbs. It would probably be safer sticking to three of the lower carb products than just having 2 to see if that makes a difference.

Chicken breast is what I would have and either salad or veg? I think it's mainly green that has fewer carbs, spinach and kale are good I think. How can it not work though I'm so annoyed! I know looking at the bigger picture I've lost 22lbs in 5 weeks is brilliant but these last few weeks have really slowed for no reason I can see x

The problem with not using the 3 products is the loss in nutrients that could then put you into starvation mode and bam, same problem, no loss.

Ketosis in my opinion is not even worth thinking about. I just view it as that time when I stop being hungry. You can lose weight out of ketosis and also not lose weight in it. Ketones are a bi-product of fat burning but there is no way of telling if that is dietary or stored.

Being carb sensitive is a possibility. As I understand it there are products that you can use on a 4 a day plan, I would assume these have lower carbs. It would probably be safer sticking to three of the lower carb products than just having 2 to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for that Bec, will look into what products are the lowest in carbs and try that as I just want this bloody weight off know, I feel so determined to do whatever it takes! Mmmm wonder the easiest way of doing this...........off the the Exante website I go lol x

I'm feeling very confused.....I lost much more on Cambridge. And the only difference I can see is the carbs. I've a few weeks supply left so just trying to think how I do this.....if I have 3 weeks 100% with these packs but only lose a couple of pounds I think that will be it for me.

Whereabouts are you on the scale for ketosis? Mine isn't the furthest along, which worries me. It is more of a 0.4/0.6.

I think as long as it shows on the stix you are in as I believe with how much water we are drinking it dilutes it much more so if you are showing strong that's means you are dehydrated?!!! That's what I've read today anyway!

MrsN I tried Cambridge years ago and couldn't stomach the powder shakes and the consultant said I couldn't have the ready made ones until I was two weeks in. They literally made me sick so stopped and to be honest I don't think I could afford it, I'm a bit like you in going to use up what I have and fingers crossed out of nowhere we will lose like 14 stone in a day lol x

Oh no. I feel like everybody is going to disappear on me :(

I can't afford it either.
I don't want to give up I really don't and there are so many good things about this diet. I just want quicker results

Me too MrsN but I've got that much Exante I'm going to be here for a while one way or another it just better start moving, will weigh in tomorrow and take it from there! X

Ketosis should occur once you are under 100g of carbs. As far as weight loss is concerned we are all different, I average out at 2 lb a week on this diet. On WW or SW only half a pound a week.

Back