Here I go again.....

I've just been mega frustrated today Sadie I annoy myself sometimes! I know I'm in ketosis so just got to trust it to work. We are trying to sort our garden out with very little money and that's bugging me too - hard buying plants and making sure they are dog friendly and
Lee wants decking but I don't as I've slipped a few times on other peoples and I would rather have a patio area but with some sleeper effect slabs I've found but whatever we like is just so expensive and trying to save for the wedding and honeymoon it's just hopeless x

Whereabouts are you on the scale for ketosis? Mine isn't the furthest along, which worries me. It is more of a 0.4/0.6.
Apparently.....the more you drink it makes the colour lighter as its diluted. I read that somewhere. So you have to test first thing.

I tried Cambridge for a day and the shakes made me really sick and I did Exante in 2009 but stopped after a week as I felt so bad but thankfully got through that this time! It did take 10 days though! X

I have done Cambridge about 4 times, Slim and Save a couple and now Exante.

So after all my ramblings yesterday and getting weighed on my official weigh day today I have lost 3lbs which I am very happy with which means in my 6 weigh ins I have lost 25lbs average of just over 4lbs a week which I'm really please with! Yey!

Note to self stop getting weighed! Only on a Tuesday! I must only weigh on a Tuesday x

Fantastic!!! Well done you!! That's fab. It's working for you!!

It's working for you too! 2lbs on totm that's what I did last week at totm, we do seem to be losing similar amounts. I'm 42 on Thursday so I think being over 40 it's harder to lose and also I'm short and I think that goes against me too lol!!!

Your weekly average is higher than mine MrsN so it's definitely working for you too. I'm sure our bodies are in shock and fighting us a little bit, that should stop as we won't x

Looking at the bigger picture I'm happy I think the low weeks just throw you!!
I do need some of that slim tea stuff but never have any time to get to the shops so I might see if I can get some online.
I'm short (very short) and mid 30's. I have 2 children as well so my body is knackered! Ha!

You are very blessed to have two children, my body wouldn't give me any so mine is the knackered one! It's the saddest thing for me not having children it was all I ever wanted but I deal with it, I've had to!

These low weeks are awful but week can get each other through them and with all the other lovely people on here to drag us kicking and screaming through!

I had a slimatee last night but haven't had any movement yet (lol) and it says to take one a night for two week every two months. The first one I had definitely worked though so I would say with it and it tastes nice enough too x

Short and (well) over 40 here so losing weight is an uphill battle!

Congrats on the loss this week Bex, and your 25lb average over 4 weeks - that is brilliant :)

Ah Bex that's heartbreaking. It's so unfair. I work in child protection and see so many children who are neglected etc and it does make you question life. My best friend has just had her 8th round of ivf which again has been unsuccessful. Life can be so cruel.

I could have Ivf because of my weight! I know the reasons but I see so many people with children who are so much bigger than me so it's heartbreaking but I could have got off my fat ass and lost the weight but it made me go the other way and I put even more on, I was just in a deep depression and it just sent me futher! Crazy I know. I would love to adopt but it scares me that I could love it like my own.

Thanks Sadie it definitely gets harder as you get older lol! I can't believe that I'm into my 7th week of Exante, it's certainly been a roller coaster so far! My emotions have been all over the place x

So sorry to hear that. Life can be such a b&(ch, there are so many people who could be amazing parents but aren't blessed with kids. I would love to foster when my own kids are older.

Maybe consider an adoption open day at your local council of you ever feel ready.

Will look into if our council does one, I have thought about fostering too but I would probably not want to give them back! When I lose the weight and if I come into some money I would try for ivf for sure but unless I win the lottery (which I don't play lol) it's not going to happen! I think our area stops ivf funding for over 40's.

The slimatee has now kicked in lol! X

Hey Becky, you can do permanent or temporary fostering it doesn't have to go to adoption. How did you get on with the slimatee - a few lbs off now after your post last night lol.

I feel tons better after my 1 slimatee on Sunday but I can't imagine using it every day!

Well it certainly clears you out! I didn't have one yesterday and probably won't today but I intend to tomorrow night after my afternoon tea! The instruction say you should take one a day for two weeks every two months but that's a long time will probably go one every couple of days this week while I'm home!

Have a good day everyone x

That must be such a hard thing to deal with Hun. A lady I used to work with was denied IVF because her husband already had children and she was overweight, although she was only a size 14, so wasn't even big. She was trying for 12 years and saving to go private. I remember telling her I came off the pill to start trying. Then I got pregnant that first month and I was scared she'd be upset, so I didn't tell her until I was 6 months. She had two failed ivfs and can't afford more. Because she already has step children she has no desire to adopt. She isn't on social media because seeing birth announcements and photos upsets her. I personally think it's disgusting that the NHS won't support her. She's healthier than I am. They need to review that whole system.

Anyway sending lots of hugs and love.

+ congrats on the loss

Back