Total Solution Here we go!

Wow, 14lbs!!!!! Well done lovely, how impressive is that?? What a motivator and look at the lovely ticker as well (you've made a good dent in it to start with). Shame about the shake, one whole meal all over your worktops whoops...xx

Thanks 14stoneto9 :) am glad to help anywhere I can!

Jubbly - I was a bit gutted about the shake lol got about 3/4 of it back into the glass once I realised and the surface was clean so I managed to get a bit from there into the glass too haha.

Back from college now and still on a HIGH! Had a really enjoyable lesson, we were doing sentencing in the Crown Court and appeals and it was all v exciting lol. Have eaten half my bar and actually feel a bit full :eek: have had a cup of boullion too though so maybe thats why. It's all good though cos I can eat it mid afternoon so I am not biting husbands face off when he comes in, haha.

I am kind of surprised I lost so much haha but then I am bigger than most of you guys, and I did stick 100% to TS, I only even had coke zero on one day, otherwise it's been packs, water, green tea and boullion, so if nothing else it is proof that this diet WORKS! xxx

That's a fantastic week one result, nice one Jennie :) I feel like our journeys may be similar! My week one result was 13.5, but was so excited to get 4.5 the following week and then 7 the next... (on TS), you may find you still get some great weigh-ins coming up! Although as they say, everyone is different.
Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations on a great start and hope it helps keep you motivated through the coming days and weeks :D:D

That's a fantastic week one result, nice one Jennie :) I feel like our journeys may be similar! My week one result was 13.5, but was so excited to get 4.5 the following week and then 7 the next... (on TS), you may find you still get some great weigh-ins coming up! Although as they say, everyone is different.
Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations on a great start and hope it helps keep you motivated through the coming days and weeks :D:D

Thanks sweetie, you're so lovely :) I'm still feeling good and motivated, though tired today so off to bed now :)

If I lose the same as you over time I will be MORE than pleased! You're an inspiration hun xx

14lbs in a week! That's amazing, well done! :D

Day 9 (I think?! lol)

Had a nice chilled out day today, husband has gone to Edinburgh for work but didn't have to get a train till 11 so we had a nice sleep in :) Then after taking him to the station I cracked on with some work for college, didn't realise till 12 that I hadn't had a pack yet today! Yay for no hunger. So had a shake at about 1 and then a bar at about 6, need to have a soup before I go to bed too!

Have been a bit lax with the water too, still drunk 3 litres but I normally drink 4-5 so hopefully I won't feel rubbish tomorrow, I can probably get another litre down before bed but am nervous of getting up for a wee, hate walking round the house in the dark when I am here on my own! haha lame.

Still haven't finished my college work :( I know I will eventually earn lots of money etc and the education is worth it but I sometimes feel like I have literally been doing homework since I was 10, and I'm 23 now!! Doesn't help that tomorrow I have my 2 boring lessons, never feel like this on Monday nights cos on Tuesdays I have Criminal Law which is fun :D

Anyway, off to do some more tax efficient will planning, oh the joy!

Jen xxx

Just read through your diary - sounds like you are doing really well and huge congrats on the first weeks loss! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

As for what your Dad said, I would agree with him 100%. I know it might be wrong to think this but I also think a similar thing to him that my weight will hold me back in my career (also a solicitor) as who wants to take advice from someone who obviously is not in control of themselves, if you see what I mean. Others might not think this but it is what I have in my head! Having lost some of my weight, I do feel much more positive now! it is amazing how much this diet can affect other parts of your life!

Keep it up chick!

Thanks Sammeh :)

Another solicitor :) I'm not quite qualified yet, still doing LPC. But I agree, especially in our role to almost "look after" people, at the very least to sort them out lol and I also think that cos people think solicitors earn loads that a fat one would just be greedy :( but by the time I get a TC I will hopefully be much slimmer! I won't be applying for a year or so cos my husband's job is gonna move us around for the next year and a bit xx

[edit] I'm from Cambridgeshire too! Small world :) xx

Hello from day 10!

Well, I slipped up today. V cross at myself, as had managed 100% TS so far. Didn't even have a slice of ham or something like some other guys in here, but went for about 4 forkfulls of pasta till I managed to literally leg it out of the kitchen! I was making it for husbands packed lunch tomorrow, cos he isn't gonna be back from Edingburgh till late tonight. Grr so cross at myself!! I really hope I haven't knocked myself out of ketosis. Does anyone with more experience know whether this is the case?

I wonder if it is time to get some more diet friendly foods in the fridge? So far I've had nothing there, just food for husband. The protein stuff is difficult cos I haven't eaten meat in a couple of years, but to be honest am considering it again so that when I have to AAM I have more options than just fish and spinach haha. I don't know, one part of me is saying "well you did 10 days, so you can do it for longer and you won't slip up again and food in the fridge will tempt you" and the other side of me thinks it is just a sensible precaution. Ugh I don't know :(

Even worse, I now feel bloated as anything and generally rubbish in the digestive department haha and I have terrible heartburn. I wish I could bottle this feeling for next time I want to eat something! I am gonna have to get a hold of myself cos I want to be able to cook for husband. I am ok when he is here cos I wouldn't do it in front of him haha. It's the secret eating thing!! SO CROSS!!

On a brighter note, I've finished college for the week, and cleaned the kitchen (before pastagate lol) and am generally a very efficient lady :) Going to pick husband up from the station soon and then we're off to vote! I have no idea where the church hall is that we're supposed to go to, one of the lame things of moving house lots, by the time you find out where everything is, you have to move again haha.

Much love boys and girls xxx

Day 11

Well at least I seem to have overcome yesterdays disaster unscathed, had a 100% day today, just packs, water and green tea :) Not felt hungry and still been freezing so think I have managed to stay in ketosis, which is a huge relief!

Have been pretty productive today, cleaned my flat and done all my washing, I love the smell of the flat when the washing is hanging up, it's why I buy fancy washing liquid with freshner in hehe. Haven't done my bathrooms yet cos I am SO COLD haha I need to wear 2 pairs of socks in them just cos of the freezing tiles on the floor :/

I am v bored now...I can't believe how much of my time used to be taken up in the evening by cooking, eating and drinking. I have never watched so much tv in my life since I started this diet! Might have to get the husband to buy some board games haha.

Does anyone have any thoughts on exercise? I want to start to incorporate it into my life soon, now I don't feel hungry any more I am not too worried about it. One of the big reasons I want to lose weight is so that I can move around easier without getting tired, so working on fitness seems a good idea haha. Has anyone gone from being reasonably sedentary to doing something reasonably gentle, preferably free/cheap and in private? Haha I don't ask much ;)

Jen xxx

Is anybody out there?! Lol

Day 13

Feeling good today, my husband is going away for 3 days in the morning which is :( but my sister is coming to stay for a couple of nights which is :D and we're both going to be cracking on with our revision (she's in 1st year uni).

It does however mean that I had to go and food shop so she had something to eat when she came, but coped ok :) bought some smoked mackerel too and had a small salad with mixed rocket salad leaves, cucumber, mackerel and a little bit of olive oil while husband had his Sunday lunch. Felt so nice to be joining in and I don't think the meal contained more than 300 calories, and no carbs so should still be in ketosis and it won't affect my weightloss too badly. So I suppose today was a WS day hehe.

Have to do lots of revision this afternoon and then throughout the week, I have an accounting exam on Saturday and I know nothing :( I hate it but have to learn it sadly, am going to get maths genius husband to help me this afternoon.

Had a great day yesterday at the football, didn't feel hungry at all which I was a bit worried about, just sat with husband and Dad while they ate, and had my bar after the match in the car. We won 3-0 and the team did the lap round the pitch after (it was the last game of the season) and it was all generally lovely and fun. Am kind of glad I don't have to do more football matches over the summer though, as I think it would be difficult to avoid alcohol each time. My dad knows I'm doing the diet but other football friends don't. Hopefully by the time the season starts again in August I will be noticeably thinner :D

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday :)

Jen xxx

Mmmmm, I LOVE smoked mackerel. You lunch sounds very virtous and shouldn't cause any problems.

You will certainly be slimmer by August my dear.

My thought on exercise - eurgh!! I try and go for long walks and that's bad enough. In fact we're going out to enjoy the sun in a mo and find some bluebells if they're still around!! Have a fab day xx

Had a really nice day today, husband at home in the morning till he went to get his train and then my sister came :) and is staying for a couple of days while James is away. Cooked a chicken for lunches for those who eat and ended up eating a slice...I'm supposed to be a vegetarian! Haha. I've not always been one though, maybe I will eat meat again when I refeed. Am up way too late, been chatting with sis, but have college tomorrow :( and second weigh in!! So will report back in a few hours :D xxxx

Helloo!

Didn't get round to recording weigh in this morning as was in a rush to get to college! Anyway I did weigh first thing and recorded a loss of 3lbs! It hovered between 3 and 4 and eventually settled on 287.6 so I am rounding down to 3lbs lost from 291 last week lol. Not a great loss for week 2 to be honest, but it is TOTM and I did have a mess up mid week, plus I had a pretty big loss last week. It will focus me to be more vigilant about not picking at protein bits for sure! Really want to see 4lbs next week!

Hope everyone is doing ok :) I had a good morning at college, then came home and me and sister went into town and had a mooch around, I know smell of perfume from spraying all the testers haha. Need to crack on with some more revision now :( Am a bit worried about doing an exam on no food haha but I guess I will be ok? Don't really want to come off the diet, but this is a re sit so if I fail it I am screwed!! We'll see, maybe an extra pack will do the trick.

Jen xx

Congratulations, another 3lbs is great :) I hope the revision week with your sister goes well and that she's supportive of your decisions. You're doing really well :)
I find I feel so much better on this diet than off it, once I start deviating, the lethargy and tiredness return for me with a vengeance... so hopefully if you can stay on track you'll feel more alert and ready to do the exams. Good luck!

Thanks Rachel :) I know it's a good loss, more annoyed at myself for being naughty, but then at least I have learnt my lesson nice and early on :D and will not be as tempted to nibble!

Revision is going ok, though the problem with having a sister doing the same degree you did, but 3 years later, is that she interrupts YOUR revision with questions about HER revision! Haha I might have to banish her to the other room :D
xx

Hello everyone :) think I am on day 16 now?

Have been v good so far today, kept to 100% packs and water, might go make myself a green tea to have with my bar in a bit :)

Am trying to fir revision in round the work I have to do for my exam on Saturday, can not WAIT for this course to finish in June.

Tomorrow I get my second lot of results from the exams I did in February. I am extremely worried, I thought I did ok in them all, but then I thought I had done ok in this accounting one (that I am resitting on Saturday) and got it completley wrong! But if I fail another one I think not only do I have to retake at £100 a time, but failing more than one means I have to re do the whole years course, which I cannot afford to do (it's £10000 a year!!) and so I will have essentially wasted an entire year of my life, and ten grand. OH GOD! I really want to have something to eat or drink. It's horrible :(

I have spoken to husband at length about it, when not just crying cos the thought of it scared me so much, and he assures me that he doesn't care whether I pass or not, cos he knows how hard I worked. For the majority of the course (September till April) I lived in the East Midlands cos husbands job moved there, and I study in York, so was commuting for 2.5 hours, as well as dealing with having just got married, managing a house for the first time, a huge amount of things going wrong in the house, husband crashing my car, etc etc blah blah excuses excuses. I know that they have affected my work, but at the end of the day that isnt what employers see, is it? They just see the qualification, or not :(

Hahaha can you tell I'm nervous? Wish I could have a gin :(

Anyway, sorry for ranting haha much love every one xxx

Good Luck for the results, I hope they are good ones :D. And well done for TSing 100% xxxx

It's ok, panic was not needed, passed everything :D Am so so happy!!! And have been 100% today all day at college and am generally genius (getting) skinny girl of my dreams! hehe

One downside, TERRIBLE heartburn today, have been having it on and off over the last week or so but was unbearable today. Maybe the stressing? Have had ranitidine and chalky rennies to no avail. Don't want to go lie in bed cos of it but need to sleep so I can get up early and revise all day tomorrow! Bummer huh? Might have to go try the bicarb haha xx

Back