Total Solution Here we go!

Hope tomorrow gets a bit better for you hun..x

Thanks girls :) you lot are so lovely and motivationa! Spoke to my sister this morning and think I'm gonna head down to Nottingham and see her, she's coxing for the men's rowing team (mmmmm) at a uni competition and my husband used to coach rowing at uni so he fancies it too. I'm looking forward to being outside in the sunshine :)

Feeling better today I think, not had my shake yet but then I'm still in bed lol, but the later I have it the better I will feel when I'm out...plus I can take my bar with me.

Usually when we go see my sister we take her out for dinner cos she's a skint student lol so I dunno what to do about that....husband will have to eat too so I guess we will have to do something lol.

Wish me luck girlies :)

Jen xxx

Hi honey,

If you go out for a meal, remember you can do ws and have some lean meat or fish x

Thanks ladies :)

It was fine, I didn't eat which I was very proud of, especially when I watched my sister eat fish and chips and my husband eat a kebab! But to be fair to them I suggested they get takeaway cos it would be easier for me than us going to a pub or restaurant, so they weren't being deliberatley cruel!

I find my sister very motivational, she is so beautiful and is slim herself, she does a lot of exercise which is how I would like to control my weight once I am slim, I can't wait for us to actually look like sisters! One of the things that really gets me down about being big is when people meet us together and go "oh my god, you don't look like sisters at all" and you just know secretly they are thinking "how can one be so fat and one be so fit?!" lol. Well soon they won't be able to think that!!

Day 6 is going alright, I didn't drink enough water yesterday cos we were in the car a lot, and I felt it last night and this morning, it's like having a hangover!

I feel better now though, had a nice sleep in and have drunk 2 litres of water, 2 glasses of coke zero and a banana shake so far. Husband went to the shops and brought me back some green tea and some peppermint tea, does anyone know if these are ok to drink? I am assuming so, and I hope so cos I like them and also don't want to hurt husbands feelings, he is being so so sweet and supportive!

Had a really nice chat with my dad on the phone today too. He is quite a mans man (northern, lol) and doesn't often speak about feelings, but we kind of fell into talking about the diet. I didn't realise he knew I was doing it but I guess my mum must have told him. He said my sister had mentioned to him last night that I was looking a bit ill yesterday before I went home (from not having enough water I think!) and was worried, but he said he thinks I am doing the right thing, and am very brave. He was also giving me some pretty motivational food for thought, saying how much easier my life will be when I am smaller, especially professionally, cos however wrong it is I will find it harder to get a job if I am so obviously overweight. He said he doesn't want me to have pushed myself so hard through my degree and LPC (solicitor qualifications) to end up in a job "unworthy" of me simply cos of how I look. I think he is right too.

Am gonna have a lovely cup of boullion soon, and then get on with some work! I have an essay to correct for my Cypriot friend (I lived with her all through uni), she is doing her masters in international business law and pays me to correct her essays so they flow in fluent English. I would do it for free, but I think she feels like I did that enough when we were undergraduates! Then I have to prepare for my criminal law workshop on tuesday, and start some revision for my accounts exam (I know, even lawyers have to do maths :( it's not fair!) which is in a couple of weeks. Nothing like keeping yourself busy, huh?

Woah, what a rambly post haha hope everyone is having a lovely weekend,

Jen xxx

green tea and peppermint tea are both ok, so enjoy :)
That's great that you're Dad has been so positive about the choices you're making, that's fantastic.
Soon you'll have made it to the end of your first week! You're doing really well, and I hope the scales are kind to you at your weigh-in :)

Ah excellent :) I might have a cup of green tea with my bar now!

Yeah my dad is ace, it is really nice to have my family and husband on board for this. I haven't said anything to my husband's family yet, I get the feeling they wouldn't be as supportive but then they are the sort of family who would never say anything to my face, it would all be discussed behind my back. This usually upsets me but I think if I just accept they are going to do that then I can let it go, I don't really care what they think lol I know I am doing the right thing, so they can say what they like, I won't hear it! Haha.

Woo I have nearly done a week! Can't wait to weigh in. First thing Tuesday morning :D Will be in a rush as will be going to college but will try and post it before I go, probably from my phone so that I don't turn my computer on and distract myself hehe.

xxx

PS I am on page 7 of 22 of correcting the essay.....it is DRAGGING!! haha xxx

Hi Jenny I just read your diary from start to finish! You seem like such a positive person so I'm sure you'll do well! You're lucky to also have your whole family on board too to support you. Try not to compare yourself too much to your sister! Just focus on you and your goals

Lozza xx

Thanks Lozza :)

You're right about my sister of course, I do try not to, but it's hard when everyone else does. At least we have a great relationship, it would be worse if I hated her or was jealous! Haha. I know I'm lucky to have them on board, they are all wonderful :) And I do try to keep positive, especially on the outside, it's my poor husband who gets the sad moments :p

On a slightly different and potentially TMI note....does anyone know if it's ok to take immodium type medicine on this diet? With a combination of TOTM pains and a dodgy tum I am not feeling great!! Thanks in advance :) xx

Day 7

Well here I am at the end of my first week! Get to weigh in tomorrow which is exciting :)

Yesterday was fine, apart from really bad totm pains. Very frustrating to even have a period as normally I don't have any as I have a contraceptive implant. Maybe I am just being whingey cos I haven't had one in about a year and a half but DAMN periods hurt! This is why I went on the implant in the first place. Not to mention the fact that I didn't have anything in sanitary wise so had to send husband to shops and poor guy found them all closed! Anyway, sorted now, and hopefully the pains will go away soon. Sorry if that was TMI haha.

Last day of the long weekend today :( normally this is the sort of celebration I would have FILLED with food, so I am glad I managed to make it through 100% total solution. Go me! It has been nice having my husband at home though, I will miss him tomorrow! And he has deffo helped keep me on track, making sure I drink my water and stuff.

Got loads of college work to do today as have been lacksadasial so far, only doing little bits here and there lol. Will knuckle down and do it! Road traffic offences tomorrow I think, interesting huh? haha

Jen xxx

Hey Jen, you sound like you're doing so well. I cant wait to see how much you've lost, I bet you're super excited about your weigh in!

I know how you feel about having a skinny sister and people not believing you're sisters! I have a skinny sister and 2 skinny brothers (damn them lol) so I'm the odd one out. People often dont believe we're related, I guess it doesn't help that 2 of us are brown/brown and 2 are blonde/blue hehe.
I cant wait to actually look like I belong in family photots, seriously I always look like some random that's wandered into their family shots!!

Anyway, sorry bout the ramblings.
Have a great day x

Hey Jen, you sound like you're doing so well. I cant wait to see how much you've lost, I bet you're super excited about your weigh in!

I know how you feel about having a skinny sister and people not believing you're sisters! I have a skinny sister and 2 skinny brothers (damn them lol) so I'm the odd one out. People often dont believe we're related, I guess it doesn't help that 2 of us are brown/brown and 2 are blonde/blue hehe.
I cant wait to actually look like I belong in family photots, seriously I always look like some random that's wandered into their family shots!!

Anyway, sorry bout the ramblings.
Have a great day x

Lol I know what you mean about the family photos. My mum isn't skinny, though she has lost a lot of weight cos she has diabetes, but she is smaller than me. My dad and sister are the skinny ones haha. Soon we will be matching our skinny families haha.

I am excited about weighing in, I do feel lighter, my stomach is flatter, actually dips down a bit below my ribs when im lying down...and I am pretty sure my face looks a bit slimmer, I hope I'm not deluding myself! If nothing else having basically detoxed for a week my face is clear of spots, my skin is silky smooth all over my body, my hair is lovely and my teeth whiter from no red wine/tea etc and brushing them all the time to get rid of manky mouth taste haha. So I am prettier if not thinner :D

Just hijacked Jubbly's diary with this rambling thought and want to put it in my diary too so I remember it!!

" You're right about things being more important than getting drunk. I was a pretty heavy drinker before I started this (haha look at me getting all wise after 7 days) and thought that is what I would struggle with most, but to be honest I kind of like feeling healthy and never hungover and never out of control. Made me realise how many things I would nibble at in the evening that I really did not need, just because my resolve was weaked by a beer/glass of wine. I definatley am not going to drink as much when I start eating food again, stick to 2 nights a week maybe.

That kind of makes me thing of a proper "ping" lightbulb moment I had yesterday.. I was thinking about how a few weeks ago I would have felt like I was missing out not drinking most nights, cos I love the taste of nice wines and beers etc, and the same with missing out on not eating something nice every day, but I thought actually, I have a whole life to do these things. There is no rush, even if it takes me 6 months to taste every bottle of wine I have seen and fancy, then thats ok! I am only 23, I have literally got more than 50 years (hopefully haha) to eat and drink what I like, in MODERATION!"

xx

This makes so much sense. I keep telling myself that this is a short journey in comparison to my life expectancy so if I stick with it now I should have many years of happy (controlled) eating/drinking.

MORNING Ladies (and Gents, maybe? lol)

I weighed in today! Woo! I have lost a grand total of 14lbs! Actually 14 and a half but it kept flickering up and down so I am going with the higher weight haha.

I am so happy today :D I know I won't lose any where near as much next week but am pretty chuffed with my start! And I am still a week at 100% :)

I suppose today will be hard cos I will want to treat myself! But I am gonna book a haircut instead of treat myself with food.

On a less fun note, this morning when I was making my shake (I make them in a jug with a stick blender) I noticed my jug had a hole in the bottom and there was shake ALL over my kitchen surface haha. Darn 35p tesco value plastic jug. So might treat myself to a glass one, lol. Husband was in hysterics, apparently only I can manage to mess up the kitchen when all I am cooking is shakes and soups haha.

Much love everyone xxx

Morning!!!
:happy096: well done you!!!!!

lol about the shake, that's vital vitamins and calories there girl, I had days last week where I probably would have licked it up:D

JennieC said:
MORNING Ladies (and Gents, maybe? lol)

I weighed in today! Woo! I have lost a grand total of 14lbs! Actually 14 and a half but it kept flickering up and down so I am going with the higher weight haha.

I am so happy today :D I know I won't lose any where near as much next week but am pretty chuffed with my start! And I am still a week at 100% :)

I suppose today will be hard cos I will want to treat myself! But I am gonna book a haircut instead of treat myself with food.

On a less fun note, this morning when I was making my shake (I make them in a jug with a stick blender) I noticed my jug had a hole in the bottom and there was shake ALL over my kitchen surface haha. Darn 35p tesco value plastic jug. So might treat myself to a glass one, lol. Husband was in hysterics, apparently only I can manage to mess up the kitchen when all I am cooking is shakes and soups haha.

Much love everyone xxx

Wow amazing!! Well done! I am not on exante yet but was intrigued to follow your thread and you are very inspirational! You must feel fab today and it must all feel so worth it now :) I think exante is definately for me!

Back