Here's to getting the old me back!

Iveabigask said:
Going to wear it on our 1 year wedding anniversary on the cruise yay!

You will look stunning xx I renewed my wedding vows on one of my cruises it was amazing. Although looking back I look huge on the pictures!! We was invited to join the captains table and be his guests for the evening! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would go for the badge now too you have worked hard and deserve it hunny xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Righto! :D Thanks, ladies!

Ok - so is this crooked thinking, or just slightly bendy?! I started officially at 220lb, but had lost 4lb in the run-up to starting which I never counted. I have a big thing in my head about how good it feels being able to say that I have lost 5 and a half stone... and the 1lb I was quibbling over was putting me over that so I couldn't say it anymore :wave_cry:.

However - I just remembered I lost the 4lb beforehand so actually, I HAVE lost 5 and a half after all.

Phew.

Now... I may be splitting hairs but it makes me feel GOOD :D. (And anyway, healthwise it's the waist measurement that counts, isn't it?!)

Well done spanglymum brilliant loss,bet you feel fab now Hun!
Your right about the waist measurement though,I read that somewhere women supposed to no higher than 32' waist,so not really about Bmi!
Sexy xx

Last edited:
Ok - so is this crooked thinking, or just slightly bendy?! I started officially at 220lb, but had lost 4lb in the run-up to starting which I never counted. I have a big thing in my head about how good it feels being able to say that I have lost 5 and a half stone... and the 1lb I was quibbling over was putting me over that so I couldn't say it anymore :wave_cry:.

However - I just remembered I lost the 4lb beforehand so actually, I HAVE lost 5 and a half after all.

Phew.

Now... I may be splitting hairs but it makes me feel GOOD :D. (And anyway, healthwise it's the waist measurement that counts, isn't it?!)

Amazing!
We often don't recognise and appreciate how far we've come.
Check you out with your maintainer badge! Well done!
And well done on your 2nd interview.
Go Spangly!!!!!!!
:)

Well done. Rock on second interview x

Amazing!
We often don't recognise and appreciate how far we've come.
Check you out with your maintainer badge! Well done!
And well done on your 2nd interview.
Go Spangly!!!!!!!
:)

Loving the maintainer badge too!!

Well deserved!!! xx

well done on ur maintainer badge!!!!!!! go girl! x

You so deserve the maintainers badge,good on you Hun!!
Sexy xx

Well, I got my "Beck Diet Solution" book in the post yesterday and what a brilliant read it is. I don't think I can recommend it highly enough (and I'm not on commission lol). It really complements the CBT aspects of LL I think, and is going to be a really useful reference for me in maintenance.

One thing I want to do is start exercising consistently. I had this grand notion of doing C25K and then life got in the way :rolleyes:. No more excuses! I need to make time for exercise or I'll blob out again (which is a technical term btw). Daft thing is, I actually LIKE exercise, like the endorphins etc, just getting my ass out the door appears to be rather challenging. Any tips gratefully received! I can't even say it's too dark/cold/wet to go running as the sun is beaming outside. Gah.

At least it's Friday. Off to my favourite shopping mall tomorrow but must restrain myself as I'm actually going there to get things for hubby's birthday. MUST NOT SHOP FOR ME lol.

Today am feeling very floaty and trendy in grey palazzo trousers, high peeptoe wedges and a little cropped mint coloured cardi. Get me! :D Hubby made me take my brightly-coloured ring off though because (and I quote) "it looks like something you'd get from a Christmas cracker". Ah. Fashion. Gok would weep.

On the exercise note, would really like to start yoga again on Saturdays but hubby was finding it difficult to manage the girls for the hour and a half I was out. I hope we can find a way round it as I used to really enjoy it!

Weirdest thing. I haven't mentioned it on here before as when I was on packs it went away completely, but I've started getting joint pains again since I re-introduced food. I can't work out what is causing it.

It originally started about six years ago, after I had my first daughter. When I weaned her I developed awful pains all over my body, in ALL my joints. It's like I can picture every single vertebra, rib, foot bone, hand bone etc, as they ALL hurt. My doctor was mystified. I've had all kinds of tests but everything came back normal.

Anyway, being pregnant made it go away again - I was fine again until my second daughter was about six months old too. So it's probably hormone-related. I'd more-or-less resigned myself to it and dosing myself with regular painkillers as the GP couldn't work it out... but then when I was in ketosis on LLT it miraculously stopped!

Anyway - it's back with a vengeance. I know it isn't my weight, and it isn't dairy as I'm mainly having soya milk and hardly any cheese these days (big trigger for me), and it's not sugar as I don't have any refined sugar (I have natural sugars eg in dried fruits but only with meals).

(Could it be soya? I know there's an oestrogen/soya connection... hmm)

It's really sore!! :confused: I don't want to have to keep taking painkillers, especially having finally got so healthy (!!) but it's no fun. Does anyone know anything else foodwise that might be triggering it?

Gosh no idea. Would it be worth speaking to a nutritionist for some suggestions ?

You could try eliminating the nightshade family from your diet - they have been linked to joint pain.

Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and aubergines.

xx

I hadn't thought of that. Only problem is I love peppers and tomatoes and have already put them in my lunch for today! Still I think it would be worth a try for a few days just to see.

Haven't managed to fit in any exercise in the past week. I know I need to prioritise it but am finding it difficult. Am going to yoga the Saturday after next -a long way off but I can't go this week as hubby has a minor op on Wednesday so will still be recovering at the weekend.

Oh Hun! :(
Sorry to hear you're in pain.
It makes me wonder if it really can be food related..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

You'll just have to be permanently pregnant Spangles!

Back