Here's to getting the old me back!

Hey spangly, I'm feeling ya pain Hun I'm also back in the world of abstinence I need to get my head out the clouds lite was great initially but seriously challenging as time went on so felt back to removing food completely is the only way for me until I reach goal and get to do RTM!

Sympathise about the TOTM, it's a nightmare at times for me too! I could just eat and eat thankfully it was last week for me so bring 100% this week worked out well.

Good luck gorgeous xxx

Thank you so much for your reply. Glad to know I'm not alone! Ended up going to bed v early last night to avoid the cravings. It worked. Woke up this morning totally fine and very glad I hadn't given in!

Working my way through the LL route to management book at the moment. Interesting reading. I asked my LLC for it around the time she was suggesting I do the four week Lite RTM. I do wish I'd been a little more assertive at the time and insisted on the 12 week one as I feel I missed out on one of the most crucial parts of the programme - and not without asking several times too!!

Anyway - what's done is done. I have managed my weight well for most of the year and at least I asked for the stuff to read. Can't believe how useful some of it is - especially around triggers (for me tiredness in particular).

Any tips on going back onto normal food again after this short bout of abstinence? (will prob be four or five weeks I reckon).

Hey gorgeous, sorry I am not really in a position to offer advice about returning to food, you probably know more than me having maintained for about a year now, which incidently is amazing, so dont forget to pat yourself on the back for that when you are feeling a little down. xx

Spanglymum said:
Thank you so much for your reply. Glad to know I'm not alone! Ended up going to bed v early last night to avoid the cravings. It worked. Woke up this morning totally fine and very glad I hadn't given in!

Working my way through the LL route to management book at the moment. Interesting reading. I asked my LLC for it around the time she was suggesting I do the four week Lite RTM. I do wish I'd been a little more assertive at the time and insisted on the 12 week one as I feel I missed out on one of the most crucial parts of the programme - and not without asking several times too!!

Anyway - what's done is done. I have managed my weight well for most of the year and at least I asked for the stuff to read. Can't believe how useful some of it is - especially around triggers (for me tiredness in particular).

Any tips on going back onto normal food again after this short bout of abstinence? (will prob be four or five weeks I reckon).

Yeh you have done fab to maintain for a year hun,

I'm doing low carb combined with low fat,seems to suit me ok.

Is keeping me within my 7lb box,which I'm happy about!
Just a thought.
Sexy xx

Ooh no I didn't mean to mislead. When I said "most of the year" I should have said "most of THIS year", which is only eight months!

(or am I being ultra-picky with myself?)

Next WI isn't til Wednesday because of the bank holiday yesterday... as my clothes are starting to get more comfortable again I'm expecting it to be good news (get me!) :D

You've still done well anyway hun.
Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!!
Sexy xx

:bliss:5lb gone! :D

One more pound and I'll be back where I was before my holiday... and then I'm going to lose another couple of pounds to get back to my preferred weight. Woohoo!

Fantastic hun,you must be well pleased??
Well done!
Sexy xx

Well yesterday was difficult. All in my head, but it wasn't easy. Loads of crooked thoughts. 'you're almost there so one (food item) won't hurt'. 'you're getting obsessive'. 'you'd better not get too thin'

Strange!

I resisted and stuck to the plan though. Am I scared of finally getting properly to goal? I made it before but then hovered a couple of kilos heavier even though I preferred being that little bit slimmer. This time I decided I would get emphatically to goal, even go two or three pounds lighter so when I start eating carbs again and glycogen goes back on I'm exactly where I want to be.

This weight management business is a strange beast, isn't it?!

I suppose it's still relatively new to me, given how many years I was overweight for.

Had a good day yesterday work wise, which makes it even weirder that I had such unhelpful thoughts! (loving the new job!!!)

Thrilled for you that the new job is working out. Good job weight wise as well. No advice to offer regarding food stuff, or ideal weight.

Good that you are recognising the crooked thinking and not allowing it to jeopardise your progress. May you have many moments of such success. xx

Excited about tomorrow: I've booked a make up lesson! Ok, so I'm 41 and haven't got a clue! Now I'm in this more senior role I want to look more 'polished' but my mum never taught me how to do make up (because I've always been 'plain' ie there was no point, unlike my v glamorous best friend and my cousin both of whom she always compared me to unfavourably). I realise it won't transform me completely (silk purses/sow's ears lol) but it's going to be fun seeing what they suggest.

I do do a wee bit of make up occasionally for work but think I do it all wrong and really want some tips. Feels like a big step!!

Good for you in booking the make-up lesson. They recommend everyone to take a lesson as women tend to keep doing their make-up at 40 the same way they did at 20 and it should actually change. And you are in no way 'plain'. You are lovely and I'm sure the new make-up will just enhance your lovely features. Just watch out if a sales pitch is included, you can tend to buy more than is needed in the pleasure of the moment.

Spanglymum said:
Excited about tomorrow: I've booked a make up lesson! Ok, so I'm 41 and haven't got a clue! Now I'm in this more senior role I want to look more 'polished' but my mum never taught me how to do make up (because I've always been 'plain' ie there was no point, unlike my v glamorous best friend and my cousin both of whom she always compared me to unfavourably). I realise it won't transform me completely (silk purses/sow's ears lol) but it's going to be fun seeing what they suggest.

I do do a wee bit of make up occasionally for work but think I do it all wrong and really want some tips. Feels like a big step!!

Awe that's lovely Spangly. You deserve a pamper day. If u pick up any tips let me know. I could use the help too lol. Have a lovely day Hun.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Enjoy your pamper day, sounds fun getting a make up lesson! Just remember beauty is both inside and out! You may not have ever felt glamourous but what's not to say others looked at you and saw exactly that, crooked thoughts maybe xxx

A quick lick of make up with a simple make up routine definitely adds polish. Hope that that you have enjoyable time and get what you want out of the session. Dont let them force you into a look you are not happy with, get them to re do it till you are happy. xx

Well what an anticlimax! She did my 'base' and that was it!!!!?! You have to book a separate lesson for eyes etc!? To be fair I now know better how to apply mineral foundation (which usefully is what I already have so I didn't need to buy any from her lol) but still. Disappointing.

I'm going back for eyes in October. But last night discovered lots of handy videos on YouTube! Ok not quite the same as someone making personalised recommendations but it's a start..,

Shame that, but a boon to get the base right that is more than half the battle. I love mineral foundation. Bare escentuals fab, barely there look that doesn't muck up my skin.

Cant get on with the loose mineral powder for eye shadow, still prefer a rich pressed shadow. What about buying a nice quad or duo from one of the larger make up houses? ( bobbi brown do lovely neutral brown sets) A swish of a golden brown and a bit of highlighter, eyes done with mascara. I always struggle with a colour lippy however, I go with a neutral pinky colour, a lasting one. Blusher .. never ask an ex goth about that lol I use the warmth in bare escentuals just so I dont look so washed out.

I love my make up.

That was one thing worth finding out: the 'warmth' colour in my starter set looked so dark I'd never used it as I'm so pale. Turns out it makes all the difference and I now know where to put it. A surprisingly subtle and nice effect! Hurrah!

Had a lovely weekend. Done loads of gardening so the garden looks lovely, and spent lots of time with the family. Gone off plan slightly the past two days and been having milk in my tea. Not sure what that's about. Crooked thinking? Hmm. Just fancied it. Not much point doing packs unless I'm going to do it properly though, is there? will go back n the straight and narrow tomorrow ready for the final push...

I had a wander from the straight and narrow this weekend so also back to the narrower road tomorrow in time for weigh in on Thursday.

That warmth does come as a bit of a surprise for sure, I avoided it like the plague till I was shown how to use it. Now I look healthy lol

Good woman for the gardening x

Back