Here's to getting the old me back!

Onwards and downwards, eh?! I'm finding it difficult not to self-sabotage, which is mad as I'm sure I really want to be back in all my tailored clothes. Very peculiar. I've managed to limit it to really very tiny amounts (I'm not allowed food talk here am I so I can't say what...) so it could be worse, but it's very strange that I'm even tempted.

Discomfort at being slim?

I do think our heads take a while to catch up with our bodies, it will come in time x

Thanks, Clara. It's an eye opener, this journey, it really is. It doesn't finish when you get to goal/close to goal. Feels like it's only just starting for me in many ways. I'm learning a huge amount. Haven't got all the answers yet (will I ever?!) but at least am closer to understanding my behaviour than ever before. One crooked thought I seem t have quite often at the moment is 'because I've lost all the weight it shouldn't be difficult' or 'I shouldn't have to put this much effort in to maintaining'. What I need to remember is that I'm still consciously incompetent (or whichever stage it is) and trust that over time the habits for maintenance will become more natural to me. At the moment my old habits are still the comfort zone. What I want to do is find that slim is my 'normal'.

My LLC was cool after my holiday. She suggested I feel good NOW, rather than 'when I get back to goal'. It sounds SO simple, but it's a key stumbling block for me - feeling like I've failed in some way and therefore am NEVER (!) going to get this right.

Note to self: stop being so hard on yourself! You're learning to ride the weight-management bicycle!

You are right Spangly. Our LLC always told us that losing the weight is the easy part - it's the maintenance that's the real challenge. I think we'll always have to be on our toes.
Old habits die hard - leopard never changes it's spots etc etc.
Hey ho at least we've done it and we know it's possible. Just have to keep reminding ourselves of the advantages.
Have you had the make up lesson yet? I did recently at a cancer hair loss workshop - learn some up to date subtle make up tips and came away with a lovely goody bag of up market products.:)

I think that the one thing that Lighter Life teaches us more than any other weight loss plan is that this weight loss adventure ( I am going to avoid the word battle as I am working on not making it a battle to achieve) is journeyed and progressed from our heads and not by what is on our forks. It's the head stuff that needs work to move on to concious incompetence in managing our weight. It will feel difficult at first and impossible to achieve without really hard work, so was driving a car. Naturally thin people if there are such a breed have developed natural habits and food choices that support their body weight. We are in the process of re educating our eating and re learning better choices. It will get easier but it is something that will remain a continuous choice over old vs new programing. ( I for one have an awful lot of really bad programing to overcome that has been hardwired over 40 years) Some days we will be ahead with it and some days no so far. So onwards, journey continues.

SB looking foxy with the new Hattie. Glad you enjoyed the make up tutorial, stuff like that is invaluable. Keep trucking gorgeous xx

You are right Spangly. Our LLC always told us that losing the weight is the easy part - it's the maintenance that's the real challenge. I think we'll always have to be on our toes.
Old habits die hard - leopard never changes it's spots etc etc.
Hey ho at least we've done it and we know it's possible. Just have to keep reminding ourselves of the advantages.
Have you had the make up lesson yet? I did recently at a cancer hair loss workshop - learn some up to date subtle make up tips and came away with a lovely goody bag of up market products.:)

Those little pamper days they do t the hair loss workshops are great aren't they, they should deffo do more of those for you ladies, I hope you are not feeling too bad SB.

Spangley and everyone else, I recently purchased the new benefit mascara, called they're real, this is fab, highly recommend you all try, gives fab long luscious lash result. :)

Also Spangley, have you got a highlighting cream to use under foundation? I recently got one from chanel as thought my skin was starting to lose the dewy ness of younger years, this stuff is fab, just a dab across cheeks etc and the light bounces of it giving a lovely younger. fresher look.

I can recommend going along to just a counter like chanel and asking, they will give you some good tips and testers.

xxx

Ooh loving the tips! Only thing is I have VERY sensitive skin so have to be v careful what I use - most stuff like Chanel etc has perfume in it (so it smells lush but brings me out in a rash/eczema) - ditto Benefit (which is a pity as the packaging is v cool!)

Slenda how are you getting on with the chemo etc? I feel bad wibbling on about all my stuff - very trivial in comparison!

Well, eldest daughter went back to school today so no group for me tonight :). I hope I manage to get back there one of these days - it's been weeks! I'm going for a pop in tomorrow or Thursday night though. Bit nervous about starting on real food again... I think it will be soonish (which is brilliant!) and I don't want to seesaw back up again. I guess just nice and careful with the carbs should do it...

Sure you will do just fine. xx

Just thinking about the whole make up thing, have you ladies discovered Glossybox?

Google it and read about it, you get a box of trial products each month for £10, you review them and get money off further boxes.

Good way to test leading market items :)

xxx

Spanglymum said:
Well, eldest daughter went back to school today so no group for me tonight :). I hope I manage to get back there one of these days - it's been weeks! I'm going for a pop in tomorrow or Thursday night though. Bit nervous about starting on real food again... I think it will be soonish (which is brilliant!) and I don't want to seesaw back up again. I guess just nice and careful with the carbs should do it...

It is a bit scary going back on food,as you feel so safe been on packs!

I do low carb and low fat to maintain at moment hun,seems to be working for me.

Also I go to group every wk and the gym 3/4 times a wk too!

Are you still going the gym with been so busy hun?

Hope you're still enjoying your new job!

Also hope your pop in went well!!
Sexy xx

Last edited:
Made it back to goal! Now planning to lose another couple of pounds so when I start eating normally again and get the glycogen and water back I end up exactly where in want to be. My LLC has been brilliant by the way. Loads of one to one discussion and exploration of how I'm going to learn from this for future holidays and times when I might want to/plan to use food differently to normal.

Not managing to go to the gym alas. I cancelled my membership as I was hardly using it. Am waiting for diagnosis/treatment for my joint pains and then the plan is to start running again as it's cheap and flexible (like me?!!! Lol).

I wouldn't say cheap .. not with some of the clothes you have in your wardrobe you have posted about ;-)

Glad you are in a good place x

Touché!!! I guess Tk Maxx bargains do count!

Aargh. Really confused by myself. I had a mini binge-ette yesterday and don't really understand why. 'reward' for getting to goal? How crooked is that?! Hmm. Any suggestions? Things to think about?

I just want to lose these last three pounds. I have a before and after thread in one of the other parts of the site, called 'three pounds left to go' and I have wondered whether that title was holding me off from where I want to be. The subconscious works in mysterious ways!?!

Hi Spangly,
As you return to eating food, are you going through the RTM process? You have been 'on program' to get these few pounds back off...maybe being 'on program' with RTM would help stop blips? I haven't been through the process yet but I think RTM will be essential for me when I get to goal. Just to stop me adding in things I shouldn't, cause I know that has been a problem in the past for me...

I'm not meant to be eating food for another week so my lapse-ette took me by surprise!! I agree that following RTM is a v good idea for the week after next and beyond though. Definitely.

Currently trying and failing to stay calm. My mum said she would come round and make Sunday lunch to give me a break. V sweet of her but then she turned up and expected me to cook everything!!! And then tried to serve up a RAW apple pie she'd brought and got annoyed when I suggested it would be better with the pastry cooked. I am so cross.

Resisting going off plan though and v proud of myself. Determined to get these last few pounds off.

Oh sorry, your previous post said you had got to goal so I thought you were starting back with food, ladies in my group have continued to lose in the first few weeks of RTM. How did you find it last time?

Ah yes sorry I've been confusing! I have made it to goal but want to have two or three pounds in hand for glycogen/water so I've moved the goalposts a bit.

Well done for sticking with it. You will be there in no time. You have done so well to get back to your goal weight so quickly.
Vent all you want. My sister can really wind me up...relatives!

Hi Spangly,
I only just realised that I could check the attachments on this thread. Love the clothes and you look gorgeous.

Ooo attachments eh ? How do you check attachments ?

Back