Here's to getting the old me back!

Thank you, both of you. I'm glad this week is over, and I'm also glad I stood up for myself!

First frost of the winter this morning. I love crisp mornings!

Still losing but a bit confused about measurements. I know our llc measured us with the tape very loose at the beginning, because even if I was doing it with one finger under the tape and breathing out my waist measurement was three inches less than they made it! Anyway I now am even more confused than ever. I make my waist 37" at the moment. A size 16 should be waist 35" (or even smaller in some shops), but I bought some size 16 jeans and trousers last week and they're falling off me! Very weird.

I don't suppose it matters, apart from getting my waist under 35", which is the risk point for type 2 diabetes.

Got a meeting this morning (and every Monday from now on) with the woman who caused all the difficulties at work last week. She has deliberately chosen Mondays because she knows it's the day I used to work from home. I am going to be assertive today and tell her I will be phoning in once I'm working from home again. I know she hates doing meetings by phone, but she insisted it had to be a Monday,

Sigh. Thinking about this is wearing me out already!

Had a brilliant weekend. Feel bad for worrying about my MIL's partner, as he was on best behavior and even spent time showing me how to recharge my flat car battery so I can do it myself next time. Fab! They were also v impressed with my size! And went to a 2nd birthday party for a toddler friend ours and hadn't seen one of the mums there since my BAD night out (she is the nice one btw) and she was gobsmacked at how I look. Yay! Loving the diet.

Still bit dizzy but a lot of people have had labyrinthitis at work so I'm putting it down to that.

I think I may have shed some light on the weight measurement confusion. I was reading an online article the other day that says that vanity sizing means some UK shop sizes are up to four inches away from where they should be, which explains how my size 16s are currently falling off!

The article is here if anyone wants to read it: What Dress Size or Waist Size Am I Really ? » Rod Collins

Not sure what's wrong with me today (PMT?). Just feel very low and discouraged. Haven't broken the diet but just feeling sorry for myself. We went shopping today (not specifically for clothes though) and I tried on a couple of fitted size 16 dresses, which actually zipped up. Just had the shocking realisation that I've lost almost three stone and am only just able to squeeze into a size 16. How huge was I? Really sad that I let it get so bad :-(

And also my tummy is all "crepey" now I'm losing. Two babies and mega weight loss. It was to be expected, and I have loads of stretch marks and have never worn a bikini in my life, but still. Seeing myself in the changing room mirror made me really sad :-(

Hmm. Not sure what's the matter with me.

On a more positive note though, I find I am much more outgoing. I chat to sales assistants and am quite assertive in shops. Also it was amazing today to see all the shops I can start to go into again!!

I'm not going to buy any new stuff (apart from Sainsbury's, which I don't think counts!) until I reach maintenance, but it's nice to know I could.

Sigh.

Feeling a bit cheerier today. PMS is a killer! Started getting weird looks from colleagues at work like they have noticed something different about me but don't want to be rude and ask. Quite funny really! One unexpected joy of this diet is suddenly catching sight of myself in shop windows and instead of recoiling in horror, thinking, "ooh, is that me?!" Not that I'm sylph-like or anything, but I look much more normal now I think.

My mother has been surprisingly ok about this whole enterprise until this last week, when she's started making mutterings about "balanced diets" etc. She wants to meet for lunch and when I suggested coffee instead she got very worried. Ugh.

Cannot begin to explain the excitement of knowing (really KNOWING) that in a few weeks' time I'll be able to fit into a size 14. Amazing!!! So exciting!!

Only 1lb this week, but I'm fine with that because my LLC was looking at me standing on the scales and said she thought my jeans (size 16) were too big. I didn't really believe her, but I went and got SIZE 14 jeans today!!! OMG!! Just cannot believe it!!! YAYYYYYYY!!:bliss:

Pity my mood hasn't stayed so buoyant. There was a lot of talk of lapsing last night at group. Seems I'm the only one to have stayed on the straight and narrow. I'm proud of that, but also (weirdly) envious that the other women have had tastes of FOOD and are still losing weight. Gah! I was doing fine until there was some food talk about specifics of one binge and I found myself dreaming in technicolour last night about this one kind of food. I guess that's why they say no food talk!

And today has been tough. Apart from the fabness of buying smaller jeans, I have found it so difficult making family meals today. Aargh. Really struggling. I haven't lapsed but I have been so tempted. Just know I would feel dreadful if I gave in to my cravings.

Last edited:
Some light on the horizon: milk week is great!! Lol. Chocolate shake made hot with milk and a teaspoon of coffee is delicious!

Ok so I know we're not meant to go mad buying clothes till the end of this but I was at the shopping centre today and after getting my size 14 jeans yesterday when I saw Kew today (which I used to have to avoid as most of their lines only go up to a 14) I went in and tried on a dress I liked in their brochure. It fitted! As did a second one which will be lovely for the work christmas party in a couple of weeks. Oops! So lovely though. Also went into All Saints finally. Have wanted to for ages but they're another shop that stops at a 14. Oh my goodness I love their clothes! Gorgeous! Managed not to spend anything else (which is fortunate as I don't have anything else left to spend this month!) but oh... Was joyous actually going in there and feeling like no one would think I was out of place. Yay!!

lovely feeling Spangly. Well done you. xx

I was going to wear one of my new dresses to work this morning (not the party one, obviously!) but chickened out. I'm not sure I'm ready for the new "me", if that makes sense. I'm really excited and happy about it, but I'm not sure how I'd handle it if everyone was commenting...

Work Christmas lunch and party next week. I've already asked to have coffee/water for the lunch and it's been fine. At least I know I won't have a hangover on the Saturday after the party!!

Embrace it Hun! You have done so well and you should be so proud of your achievement. I have my Xmas do tomorrow but we have decided we will do casual as we all work till 8 pm and so we'll be going straight from work.
Enjoy your dresses Hun xxx

Finding the Christmas tv advertising to be a bit of a challenge this week. Maybe being on milk week has knocked me out of ketosis? Anyway, whatever it is I'm finding it reeeeeeeely difficult this week. One more week to go to finish Foundation though. I'm sure I can do this! I did promise myself when I started that I would do the 100 days with no lapses, and I've got this far ok!

Not sure how many weeks of Development I'm going to do before RTM. I still have quite a bit to lose. I was feeling very chirpy and happy about my size and new clothes etc, but made the mistake last night of going into Next on the way home from work. I tried a few things on and just looked like a well-dressed sausage :cry:. Hey ho. Patience!

Oh dear Spangly - at least you looked well dressed!
I know it can be disheartening sometimes. We KNOW we've lost, we KNOW we are smaller and the bl**dy dress still gets stuck over the shoulders and boobs!!!!!
It'll come soon and you had the confidence to go into Next and try things on - good for you !!
Some people do find it hard to stay on track during milk week, good for you for not weakening.
Hopefully you'll find it easier next week, back in the same old routine. x

Stick with it Spangly. Even though the weight comes off very quickly on LL, our bodies will need a bit more time to adjust and settle.
I for one have lost my boobs completely which means I am going to have to get a push up bra for the first time in my life! ( sigh )
It'll be aaall worth it in the end.. :)

Thanks so much for your support. Although I've been enjoying having milk in my tea (proper Tetley tea, which I can't drink black and have been missing) I'm actually looking forward to getting past milk week. It's been a bit of a struggle this week, and according to my scales this morning (I know, I know!) I haven't lost anything. I guess I haven't gained either though, which is something. Also no weigh-in for me next week as it's the office Christmas party... I suppose that may make for a nice surprise the following week though!

Well, I'd actually lost a pound so I don't suppose it's all bad! Two pounds in two weeks is pretty rubbish though, after losing at least 4 lb a week for several weeks in a row. I guess my body knows what it's doing...

Must post a pic of my new dress... Had a long chat at group last night about how I felt fine trying it on in the shop but then left it hanging on the back of my door all week because I was too nervous to wear it to work. DH has persuaded me to wear it today though and I'm starting to get used to it...

Wore the dress with some knee length boots (that actually did up!) yesterday and my husband kept saying how fab I looked (and then saying how I've always looked fab - bless). My stepmother-in-law (kind of. It's complicated!) came over with her fiancé and did ask me in passing if I'd lost a bit of weight, so that was nice.

Feeling low today. Had a bit of a health scare in the middle of last week (nothing to do with LL) so feeling a bit wobbly. Can't sleep because I'm in quite a bit of pain at the moment. Seeing my gp again on Tuesday to see if a course of antibiotics has worked but have also been referred for a mammogram. Bit scared!!

Back