Here's to getting the old me back!

slendablenda said:
You'll just have to be permanently pregnant Spangles!

Aw SB how are you sweet, been thinking about you xx

Sorry for gatecrashing your thread spangly xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

slendablenda said:
You'll just have to be permanently pregnant Spangles!

Arr how you doing SB??! I'm sorry too as LadyT spangly!
Sexy xx

Last edited:
Hi there. I'm more annoyed by the pains than anything. They wear off gradually during the day and then get worse again in the evening. At their absolute worst first thing in the morning though. Not a nice way to start the day! I'm going to try cutting out soya milk for a couple of weeks and see how I go. Makes me sad though as I don't want to end up hopelessly "faddy" about what I eat, and I already thought switching to soya milk was quite radical for me.

Otherwise I'm doing fine. Getting a bit excited/nervous about my interview on Tuesday. I collect my trousers from the tailor tomorrow (they were unhemmed and I didn't want to do it myself, even though I know how, in case I ruined them!). EEK. SO excited. Just really really really want this! Although ironically I have worked quite hard in the past couple of weeks to change my attitude to my current job, so the prospect of staying on here (if I don't get offered the other one) isn't so negative after all. Classic win-win I guess - well, that's the plan anyway.

Good for you Spangly, you are more likely to be successful with the job interview if you're not too desperate if you aren't offered it.
Good luck hun. xx

Sending you lots of positive thoughts for Tuesday. Hope you kick a**, and do well.

All the best honey and let us know how you get on xx

Thanks so much! Bit stressed but will survive!!! Aaagh!!!

Good luck,
Deep breaths, caaaaalm.
Remember - they'e invited you back. They are interested.
Will be thinking of you hun.
Go for it. xx

Good luck hun xx

Well, I survived! Three and a half hours of panel interviews, 1:1 interviews etc. Gruelling, even though the people were actually quite nice and friendly. It's still pretty intense. Now just got the nerve-wracking wait to hear. They said they'd hope to make a decision by the end of the week but it might be later because of the difficulty of getting all the relevant people together again for a meeting. Well, at least I know I gave it my best shot - and was one of the final two candidates. I'm quite proud of that, whatever the outcome!

Gained half a pound in the last week. Not really sure why as I thought I'd been eating pretty healthily and making good choices. Maybe my portion sizes are just too big? Will keep an eye on it and try to nip it in the bud if I'm creeping up again!

Well done Spangly, I've been thinking about you and wondering.
The waiting part is so horrible.
As for the slight gain - nothing to worry about, but if you are anything like me you may have let the water slip - that's always my downfall. xx

Looking forward to hearing ur news. Well done on the achievement x

Well, some unexpected and sad news, I'm afraid. We got two young cats a few weeks back and this evening I had a phonecall to say one of them had been knocked down and killed just outside our house. I am still in shock. They were brother and sister and used to groom each other and sleep curled up together. So sad that he's gone.

Oh spangly thats awful news. Im very much obsessed with animals and it breaks my heart to hear of news like this.... Hugs to u and the other cat xx

Sorry to hear the news about your cat that is soooo sad x

Oh Spangly
I am so sorry. I am a cat person too. We had 3 kittens from the Cat's Protection League - almost 4 years ago now. Their mother had been abandoned when she was pregnant.
We lost one in a similar way to you when she was nearly 2. It took the others about 3 months to get over losing her and stop moping about looking for her, especially her brother who was her best mate.
We all still miss her, but know she had a fabulous if short life. She was a beautiful, loving adventuress.
The hurt almost makes you feel as if you never want to have another pet, but hopefully you'll all get over that,
Pets are a real part of our families and give us so much. just like people they each have a different character.
Thinking of you and your family hun. xxx

Thanks, everyone. Feeling very low today :cry:. Not just my lovely cat, but also the comment from my Mum yesterday, who announced that they have "probably given the job to the other candidate seeing as you haven't heard yet". Obviously I don't actually know this, but I keep thinking it and it isn't helping! :cry::sigh::(

Aw poor you, we all get so attached to our pets.

Well no news and all that, I think the fact you were one of two people gives you agreat shot at getting the job, fingers crossed xx

Aaawww babes :(
Losing a pet is a tragedy. I'm obsessed with animals and the thought of losing any of my beloved dogs (they live back at home) scares the life out of me! I don't know what I'd do! :(
With regards to your mum's comment she's probably just really nervous for you and maybe was looking for some reassurance from you.
You'll know soon enough Hun and apart from the agonising wait there isn't very much we can do.
I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun. X

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Back