He's gone

roundrachel

Silver Member
Had to make the hardest decision of my life today and my gorgeous boy Max has gone to doggy heaven. It was very peaceful and the vet came to the house and took him away in his favouite blanket. The house feels so quiet without him already. Thank you all for your kind words and support at this very difficult time. You're right, he let me know...

Such a hard decision Rachel. I knew as soon as I saw the title.
Love and hugs to you at this horrible time.
Yet another lovely photo xx

Ah Rachel, im so very sorry, he was such a beautiful boy. Sending hugs your way.

Huge hugs Rachel. :-( xxxxx

I'm so sorry Rachel. :( You did the right thing, and he will always live in your heart.

Whenever we lose one of our friends, we get a lot of comfort from this poem. I hope you do to.

xxx

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.

Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thanks BL. Just can't stop crying at the moment. I know it sounds silly but feels even worse than when my Dad died. That last bit of him has gone too. Keep looking at the places he sits and he isn't there. Going to miss him so much

So true Rachel,
Last year when one of our 3 beloved cats was killed by a car my husband broke down and sobbed. I'd never seen him like that, even when his Mum died and they were very close.
Our animals love us unconditionally and trust us with their lives, as Max did with you.

I am so, so sorry to read about Max. Sometimes the kindest things to do are the hardest decisions and you selflessly did the right thing. Max will always live on in your heart and your memories. x

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

(((rachel))) x

Thanks BL. Just can't stop crying at the moment. I know it sounds silly but feels even worse than when my Dad died. That last bit of him has gone too. Keep looking at the places he sits and he isn't there. Going to miss him so much

<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>> I totally understand. Bless you. I am so sorry - there is nothing that will help, but time. :(

Look afteryourself hon, and let the tears flow - they are healing.

xx

So sorry Rachel :( I'm sitting here bubbling at your post as the pic of max looks just like my old boy Toby I lost last year, same old face :cry:

You did the kindest thing letting him go to the bridge. Night max x x

so sorry to hear that Rachel, BL is right let the tears flow its all part of the healing as hard as it is! BIG HUG for you xx

Hi Rachel,
I'm so terribly sorry Max has gone.
Thinking of you

Hi Rachel. What a handsome chap. So sorry he is no longer with you. (((((hugs)))))

Huge hugs hun, nothing to say that hasn't already been said but I'll be thinking of you xXx

I'm so sorry to hear that, Max was a gorgeous boy. Thinking of you at this hard time x

Thanks BL. I'm very up and down. Just things like going downstais in the morning are so hard as I know he's not there. Sometimes I forget and go looking for him and it takes my breath away when I remember.
Got his ashes back today and I'm going to go for a long walk in the woods on Sunday and scatter them in all his favourite places.
It's just so quiet without him and whenever I need a cuddle to make me feel better he's not there.
I'm sure it'll get easier but life will certainly never be the saem again

I have blubbed all the way through reading this! Take care, sending big hugs xx

Back