Hi All, new to this site!

bigfella

not for long hopefully
Hi guys, daunting this is, hope that you are all doing well!
Question, for everyone, especially Icemoose.
By losing the weight so quickly, what happens to all the excess skin, I ask icemoose as I can really relate to his body shape.
Cheers guys

hi and welcome
just thought id put my two pence in!

it really depends on your skins elasticity
it can go back with your weight loss but also can be loose and saggy:(

when you lose the weight it can take some time for your skin to catch up but you can help it on its way with things like bio oil!

hope this helps

xxx

Hi Bigfella,

My hubbys nickname in "real" life is the big fella!!!

I dont know the answer to your question as just starting out on this journey, but just wanted to welcome you and say hello.

Same as PP really - Im very early into my CD journey so not sure yet about the skin thing. However I am trying to help my body out by using a "firming" cream. Dont know if these are any good, but figured it cant do any harm!!!!!

Good luck on your journey xxx

Thanks all, I have quite a bit to loose, am 34, so I hope my skin still has some elasticity!
I start tomorrow!

Hi,

Just thought id say hello and welcome and good luck for tomorrow. I too will be starting tomorrow and in a weird kind of way Im looking forward to it. Hope you are too. Regarding skin elasticity I think bio oil is highly recommended.

Good Luck x

Welcome and good luck bigfella - good to see another bloke here too. I too worry about the loose skin, but have decided that is better to have loose skin than be morbidly obese.

welcome bigfella
it's not advisable to try anything strenuous at first on a VLCD but make sure you do some form of excercise along the way and you will help yourself and your shrinking body

Hiya Bigfella,

Welcome and good luck on your journey. I am also starting tomorrow and and a bit worried. But for me..I figure the money I will save not having surgery I may spend on getting the bits and pieces sorted out. But I am sure that a bit of exercise and the bio oil will help too. I used it during my pg and it helpped my skin to no end.

J

Hey Bigfella - how are you? ready for the big start tomorrow? :) BEst of luck, you will be fine, just get through those first few days without cracking and it gets sooo much easier.

Thanks all for your support, and good luck to all starting there journey, now gotta go, only got another 2 hours of food left and still gotta get through a chicken tikka massala, a deep pan meaty one and a rack of ribs with spicy wedges!!!!!!!

Nah only playing, have eaten them already!!! LOL!!

No amount of food will be as enjoyable as being slim, so, here goes.
Thanks again all, and good luck!!

Thanks all for your support, and good luck to all starting there journey, now gotta go, only got another 2 hours of food left and still gotta get through a chicken tikka massala, a deep pan meaty one and a rack of ribs with spicy wedges!!!!!!!

Nah only playing, have eaten them already!!! LOL!!

No amount of food will be as enjoyable as being slim, so, here goes.
Thanks again all, and good luck!!

:D nice one... that was funny....right back at cha.

hey there and welcome to minis hun,
i think if you tone as you go you will help yourself a great deal,just do as much as you are able to at the start and gradually build it up,
best of luck to you
elaine x

hi bigfella good luck on ur journey hun, i had a bypass 1 year ago and have lost just ova 8 stone so far, for me surgery was the only answer, god i feel like a fraud now lol but believe me surgery isnt the easy option at all, take care and all the best to every1 xxx

Back