Hi all - question -Ketosis

steve0

Hi again , right i have been on the diet since monday and have gone through the mill , i am now very dark purple on my ketostix and actually feel full of energy for the first time this week. I know this is going to sound foolish but whats actually happening to my body at the moment , i realise im burning fat ( i think) but have i got over the worst of it now and will i sustain these energy levels , or is it up and down ? oh and whats the oink thing ?:eek:

Hi again , right i have been on the diet since monday and have gone through the mill , i am now very dark purple on my ketostix and actually feel full of energy for the first time this week. I know this is going to sound foolish but whats actually happening to my body at the moment , i realise im burning fat ( i think) but have i got over the worst of it now and will i sustain these energy levels , or is it up and down ? oh and whats the oink thing ?:eek:
lol hey , welcome , the oink things just a bit of a daft girly thing :0) woofie is th oink myster :0)

Did I hear a OINK!!! I do believer our Sukie started it. oh hang on, no Jools/jules did....
Have a OINK!! Makes u feel much better, babes lol

Oinky x

Hi Steve

Well done that first week can be tough!
When I have been in ketosis I literally cannot sit still & I am probably the best couch potato in the world!

Welcome to the forum Steve0.

Since getting over the first week, I have been feeling great the whole time of being in ketosis. Makes you feel great. :D

Welcome Steve :) I am like a whirling dervish too! Beware of the purple though, it means you are not drinking enough water.

Dark purple is because you are not drinking enough. You could even be in ketosis if the ketostix shows negative. It depends on how much ketones are being excreted at any one time. Sometimes my ketostix showed negative, yet an hour later showed light pink. Have some water as dark pink doesn't mean you will lose weight faster.

Normally true pam, but not always. Some people naturally just secrete more ketones. If you are drinking enough water and still dark pink/purple (which I normally am) then dont worry, just carry on. xx

Thanks for that. I was told otherwise by my dietician, but I guess there are differing opinions everywhere!!!

Hi Steve and welcome to the world of smelly breath and stinky fluorescent pee. :D

LOL, it's great isn't it mate. You know when I was on the first couple of months of induction, I used to go home and have a shower every lunchtime. :(

Nobody has complained about my breath, not sure if thats a good thing or not!

Oh I stink!!! According to my Darling Son.....

He didnt want to kiss me this morning..........

Its a good thing! ( never thought I would say that)

Stinky Oinky X

Ketosis seems to affect people differently TT, I know my breath stank and so did my sweat. UGH!

I never used the stick thingies but I knew I was in deep ketosis.

euw nice jim jim :0) bet *she* is glad youre on maintenance now :0)

LOL, yes Sukie, I was made to change and shower as soon as I got home as well. :D

Cant be as bad as when I took fenugreek when bfeeding, then I really really stank!! xx

Rach, Colleen took that when she was BF our son. I thought she smelled quite sweet, sort of honey smell?

Back