Hi all, starting Atkins induction today!!

ashley86

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to drop bye and say hi :) im a newbie and starting the atkins diet today...eek! I have done atkins quite a while ago and altho it worked really well i didnt manage to keep it up for long and fell off the band wagon! boo! but im determined to stay strong this time and have the help and support of my boyfriend which will help me!

i have the book - but have found reading online easier to understand and having found this site 5 days ago which is absolutely full of help, tips and recipes (well done all of u!) i feel im ready to start :)

so im saying goodbye to carbs - my old BEST friend! im a huge sweet tooth and think this will b my downfall at times so will no doubt be trying a few 'sweet fixes' i have found here, also eat fruit all day everyday so any snack ideas that have helped you guys through will b greatly appreciated.

Hope you all have a great weekend...A

Hi Ashley, it might be quiet on the weekend, but you will get all the help you need here & ideas for your 'sweet fix'. Welcome & good luck :D

Hi Ashley and welcome :)

I'm fairly new myself and love it here. People are so supportive - any problems, just start a thread, and you'll get loads of help.

Susie

welcome to minimins and atkins!!!

as lady felsham said theres MORE than enough info in here....go mooch through some old threads for some inspiration but if you cant find what your looking for...start a new thread! xx

welcome and good luck

Thanks guys :) one day down...now need to start planning my meals for the week ahead, so many exciting recipes though i keep reading and not planning, oh well reading all your tips and success stories will sure keep me distracted from the cravings :)

Good luck, without these guys on the boards I would be so lost.

I have also found All Things Food and Diet - FatSecret to be a massive help

Look forward to seeing you shirnk :D
xxx

Hi Ashley and welcome love.

Hi and welcome. I'm a week in - albeit a bit of a half-ar**d attempt - but find that planning really helps. I also find that the kitchen looks like a bomb has hit when I'm cooking lol. Good luck :)

Thanks everyone - yes the kitchen is always upside down after dinner! i also have a new skill of using EVERY pan :)

I have found work a struggle so far...packed lunch other than salad!? and no where to heat up left overs - however have made some soup this eve (well veg mush :) ) and will be popping that in a thermos flask so it stays warm for tomorrows lunch! cant wait!

Do you have a microwave at work Ashley?

Nope no microwave sadly, it would b a life saver if we did! It's a large company so coffee shops n cafe, full of high carb snacks n meal :( I never realise how many cakes, sweets n biscuits are in arms reach in the office!!

Nope no microwave sadly, it would b a life saver if we did! It's a large company so coffee shops n cafe, full of high carb snacks n meal :( I never realise how many cakes, sweets n biscuits are in arms reach in the office!!
Mine's the same. We have a micro but it's in the restaurant but I don't know how to work it and am too embarassed to ask lol. I also work with a skinny minny who regularly goes and gets an always fabulous looking cake! Fortunately we have a salad bar but they've started including stuffed potato skins, samosas and bhajis!

What about cooking sausages or chicken and having that with your salad? That's what I do pretty much every day.

Add some mayo or cheese or olive oil and lemon and it's scrummy :)

Susie

Last edited:
that's what i have for a packed lunch too, something different everyday with the salad, and always get lots of comments like 'that looks nice, better than my sarnie'.

What about cooking sausages or chicken and having that with your salad? That's what I do pretty much every day.

Add some mayo or cheese or olive oil and lemon and it's scrummy :)

Susie

try adding cream cheese thats nice with a chilli sauce

Back