Hi all

mrs big b

Gold Member
Well where do I start .
As some of you know I've been struggling with maintaining my new target and infact I'm actually 10lb under it :(
I took a very big step the other day and went to see my gp because I just can't stop thinking about losing weight and cutting back to do so . It's taken over my mind all I do is think & talk about sw & food. I've started weighing everything even free foods and superfree counting every single calorie over excersising and worse talking laxatives and it's not good .
I've been diagnosed with depression & an eating disorder and awaiting on test results now to see if I've caused myself any harm .
Just wanted to make everyone aware and if you think yourself you might be struggling please seek help because it's do nice it's out in the open now

Oh you poor thing, you've done so well and made such a difference, what a shame you're struggling. If I remember correctly, you lost your weight very quickly so you've had a bit of a whirlwind ride on SW and seen a lot of changes quickly which may have turned into a bit of an overload for you. Really well done on going to the gp, there's nothing wrong with asking for help and the most important thing is that you recognised you needed it. That must be half the battle and I hope you are now given the support you need. Wishing you all the best and hope you get sorted very soon xx

Didnt want to read and run. You know the clover ad, the one where it talks about being in the middle. I guess thats where we should be weigh wise. We have come from the upper end and getting and staying in the middle is hard when you have been big. As the poster above said you lost weight very quickly. Your posts indicated you were very driven and did the diet with few syns etc and were very very focussed.

Once something you posted rang some alarm bells for me. I'm not sure you remember but a little way into your journey you bought a little individal pudding, within syns for if you reached a certain weight at weigh in. You reached it and then found it very difficult to eat the pudding. I guess it's about finding the right balance and you have just gone to far the lower end. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and I'm sure you have done the right thing. Recognising a difficulty is the first step, good luck x

What a brave post. Well done on seeking help hun.

Can I ask, did you ever increase your healthy extra intake once you reached target or was that the bit you struggled with?

You probably wouldn't have done too much damage, if any hun, your bmi is still in the healthy range - please please try not to worry or beat yourself up too much.

Take care and big hugs. xx

Hey mrs b good to see you!

I remember your journey, and sorry to hear you're struggling now.

I too would just like to say well done on getting help you clearly need - the first step is the hardest.

Please keep us posted with how you get on xxx

jaylou said:
What a brave post. Well done on seeking help hun.

Can I ask, did you ever increase your healthy extra intake once you reached target or was that the bit you struggled with?

You probably wouldn't have done too much damage, if any hun, your bmi is still in the healthy range - please please try not to worry or beat yourself up too much.

Take care and big hugs. xx

Hi .
Yes I did the xtra b choice but my meals Ive cut down to mainly superfree with a tiny bit of meat . Mainly eliminated all carbs . When I had the extra b I'd do more excersise to make up for it . Or when I have bad feeling that I've eaten too much ( which was never the case as I've been calorie counting and know ive not eaten enough ) I used laxatives . I have a real fear of getting fat & gaining weight .

Thankyou all for you're kind words off support xxxx

Have you any support from family/friends love? xx

I remember many years back losing a lot of weight quickly and its such a rush losing so much so quickly obsession sets in. I'd lie in bed listening to my tummy rumble and smiling with excitement. I'd love feeling that concave dip between my hip bones. I could feel myself teetering on the brink of something. Then I saw a friend I'd not seen for a while and she was shocked and said so. She scared me frankly as she was always someone weight obsessed herself.
I started slowly eating more carbs until I gained half a stone. It made all the difference.

Well done on getting some help now xx

Korrigan said:
Have you any support from family/friends love? xx

I remember many years back losing a lot of weight quickly and its such a rush losing so much so quickly obsession sets in. I'd lie in bed listening to my tummy rumble and smiling with excitement. I'd love feeling that concave dip between my hip bones. I could feel myself teetering on the brink of something. Then I saw a friend I'd not seen for a while and she was shocked and said so. She scared me frankly as she was always someone weight obsessed herself.
I started slowly eating more carbs until I gained half a stone. It made all the difference.

Well done on getting some help now xx

Omg you sound just like me . I spent ages just feeling & prodding my bones !!
I've had a lot of support on Facebook I'm in. A target members group and the girls have been fantastic I even met up with some of them . My hubby's been great although I don't think he quite understand he thinks I should be able to snap out of it for my boys and my parents have been great too . A little bit lacking in understanding too but very supportive
Thankyou xx

Omg you sound just like me . I spent ages just feeling & prodding my bones !!
I've had a lot of support on Facebook I'm in. A target members group and the girls have been fantastic I even met up with some of them . My hubby's been great although I don't think he quite understand he thinks I should be able to snap out of it for my boys and my parents have been great too . A little bit lacking in understanding too but very supportive
Thankyou xx

Do you know one of the club stalwarts at my club is a small lady in her 60's and she uses SW to control her anorexia. Through the looking glass maybe but she sticks to the rules (superfree/free/HEx's/) to make sure she eats enough. There we all are following the rules to lose weight and she follows them to make sure she maintains a healthy weight.

The trick is finding a healthy balance. I'm still looking. :rolleyes:

That"s a brave post Mrs Big B and I can so identify with your fears. I too have recently reached target and am maintaining. And I have realised it's a whole different ball game. For instance, STS is now the aim and not the disappointment it was when getting to target :D

But you have to take control - and that's the key. You know that taking laxatives is not being in control.

It"s scary increasing your HEXs, but you need to push the boundaries in order to find out what the limits are. You can always push them back again if you start to gain.

I'm currently doing my own kind of maintainer's version of Extra-easy. I'm not getting hung-up on the 1/3 superfree, although that is happening naturally through good eating habits. I'm still keeping a diary and writing everything down. Still having 15 syns a day, which I have done throughout my journey, which has taken me about 3 years, off and on. And I'm increasing both my HEXAs and Bs, having 2-3 of each per day. And do you know what, I haven't gained a gram (I weigh in kilos lol). In fact I too have carried on losing.

Admitting you have an eating disorder is a huge step to take and hopefully you can beat this before it becomes a health issue. As Jaylou says, your BMI is still healthy. You need to seize back control and do you know what? If you put on a pound or so and you're not happy, then just cut back again. You will never put back on all the weight you have lost because you now have the power to halt the gain and that is the difference between how you were before SW and where you are now.

Big, big hugs. you can do this
xx

((((Lisa)))) what a brave woman you are. I think it's almost a curse to loose the weight quickly, I did my 1st 6 stone quickly but have struggled to lose 16lbs since xmas. It's hard not to go off the rails although with me it's the urge to binge eat.

Here's hoping you get the help you need.x

Thanks all . My lowest acceptable weight is 9st 5 and I was 9st 11 on Tuesday wi so I'm getting close to the underweight category just hope I can nip it in the bud before it does become an issue.

Another small loss of a 1lb this week but I've had a scare. My EEG results were abnormal because I've got a slow heart rate probably because of my restricting and fast weightloss . Hoping this is the wake up call I need to start maintaining now

mrs big b said:
Another small loss of a 1lb this week but I've had a scare. My EEG results were abnormal because I've got a slow heart rate probably because of my restricting and fast weightloss . Hoping this is the wake up call I need to start maintaining now

You may need some CBT but if you're on antidepressants to help the depression/anxiety then you may be able to go it alone.
Good luck x

My heart really goes out to you. My mum has struggled with eating disorders in the past and I really understand the pain it can cause. To echo what others have said, really well done for being so brave and going to the GP.

I know that your losses were an inspiration to me when I started, and now as I see it, your bravery and honesty continues to be an inspiration.

It's easy to get obsessed with food and dieting when following a plan, and it by no means makes you weak.

I very much hope that you find yourself getting better, you've taken the right steps. Lots of virtual hugs.

Mrs B, well done on your achievement of reaching goal and now being so brave and realising you are struggling,

I really don't have much to say to help or inspire you but just to say you are an inspiration to many on here, keep up the good work of being brave and inspirational xx

Hi mrs B
I just wanted to add to everyone else and say it is truely a very brave thing you did going to the GP and admitting that you are having these issues with your food - this cant have been an easy thing to do

Wishing you the very best for the next part of your journey

fmxx

I just wanted to echo what everyone else has said - well done on getting help. On breakfast tv recently there was a woman who'd lost loads of weight, but was unhappy (because of excess skin). Something the psychologist said really stuck in my mind - she said that when you lose a lot if weight quickly, it can take the mind a while to catch up with the body. We are used to seeing the 'fat person' in the mirror, but when she's gone, we are still in the 'need to lose weight' mindset.

Wishing you the best of luck with your new battle xx

Been really struggling now I'm 1st 4lb under target. I've been to the ed clinic and am waiting for treatment to start. I'm determined to beat this and had a recent change of thoughts. I'm trying so hard to eat well with an aim to regain at least 11lb . I don't feel good or look good.
Hope everyone is doing ok xxxx

Back