Hi everybody!

I had an interesting day today, a lot of foodie temptation. First a buffet(I love buffet food) then a sit down meal at the home of people I didn't know very well. I actually havn't been too bad around the food but I was overwhelmingly tempted to have "a little something to be polite" I stuck to it, but I felt silly sitting there sipping my water. It also brought back to me how important food is to everybody. I've eaten out (without the eating part) several times since starting this and never fail to be surprised by how much people mind that you're not eating :-/
Stuck to it tho so feel like giving myself a bit of a high five for that one :-D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done for resisting the food, tough situations to work through. I agree with your comment about other people not being ok with us not eating when they are, it's your decision to do this, and their problem. Sometimes I think it is sabotage as they may not want you to lose weight, other times I feel it is concern for us and they don't understand LL.
I avoided food situations as much as possible to begin with which was easier for me.

Stick with it!
Jx

Thanks Julz.... A good day today, went out with a friend for coffee and cake. Well she had coffee and ice cream and I had peppermint tea. No cravings at all, just sat contentedly sipping my peppermint tea and nattering. Actually I was bending her ear about the sperm donors I've made contact with online. She was looking at their photos and advising on questions to ask/checks to make. So all was fine. I know what you mean about avoiding social foodie situations but, for me it's not really an option because most of my overeating's been done to distract myself from loneliness so I'd rather stick it out and watch people eat, than isolate myself a bit :)
Anyway I feel in top if the world today and not craving/hungry at all... Long may it last!!
How's everybody else doing?

Oh well done for resisting while not eating out :)

Interesting when you mentioned about how food is so important to many people - thats one of the things I want to get rid of while on LL. I want to learn to see food as fuel only. Great news that the cravings have gone - I dreamt I was at a buffet last night and the only food that was left I didnt like.

Hope the rest of the week goes well for you x

Ugh!! After doing so well resisting stuff all weekend and all day Monday I cracked Monday evening and ate. Not a bad food choice (plain ham salad) but i'm still really disappointed in myself for not being 100% :-(
I've had a headache since Saturday, had resisted tons of yummy food at the weekend. Had a full on and very tiring day Monday at work (which meant I couldn't get all my packs or water in) and I just left work feeling deprived, tired and very sorry for myself. Now I'm annoyed }:-/
went to WI tonight, lost 3Lb and am still in ketosis (good day back on packs).
So am determined to have a REALLY good week and glug loads of water. I've lost 24lb so far and would love to lose 4lb next week and get to my 2st :)

flyingunicorn said:
Ugh!! After doing so well resisting stuff all weekend and all day Monday I cracked Monday evening and ate. Not a bad food choice (plain ham salad) but i'm still really disappointed in myself for not being 100% :-(
I've had a headache since Saturday, had resisted tons of yummy food at the weekend. Had a full on and very tiring day Monday at work (which meant I couldn't get all my packs or water in) and I just left work feeling deprived, tired and very sorry for myself. Now I'm annoyed }:-/
went to WI tonight, lost 3Lb and am still in ketosis (good day back on packs).
So am determined to have a REALLY good week and glug loads of water. I've lost 24lb so far and would love to lose 4lb next week and get to my 2st :)

Hey that's bloody fantastic well done... Xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done for sticking to the plan.

Stick with it, keep positive and focus on a goal to get you through these challenging times, we have all has them. I found at the beginning I set a little non food treat each week, and rewarded myself with whatever, could be a lie in with no guilt at the weekend, or manicure for a month treat etc.
Every Sunday was my try on throw out day, slowly worked through and got rid of my whole wardrobe literally the whole thing!!
Then after my clothes were hanging and I needed new ones I started 'treating myself? ' to a new top or trousers in the sale, making it as adjustable as possible because suddenly you will drop through the sizes so fast you will not get any west out of them at all.
About 6 weeks in I bought a lovely pretty top in a 12, I started at 22-24. I hung it on my wardrobe and looked at it everyday, it was a real motivation tool for me.
I'm now on management, at goal and a size 8-12 depending on shop and style.
It now seems it went in the blink of an eye, though the reality when you are going through it can feel never ending, it really will be goal time for you, soon
Jx

Thanks for the encouragement. I've had another small wobble today so I really need to strengthen my goals and remind myself of why I'm doing this!!
You: size 24 to 8/10??? Wow, I'm sooo impressed!

So I've done this twice now... I get through a stressful/ difficult day fine and stay 100% no problem
Then, when it's all settled down.... I eat!! Why?
Yesterday... A birthday treat I had planned for next week had to be cancelled as all my friends dropped out one by one. I've calmed down now and realise it's just unfortunate and all
Valid reasons but yesterday I got myself so upset, thinking I had no friends. I felt so lonely. But I didn't eat. Today, I feel much calmer then, out of the blue find myself having a slice of something I cooked with the kids in school. I wasn't craving it, it wasn't that nice so, why????

Much better day today, started this morning when I looked in the mirror and, for the first time since I started this I could see that I looked thinner. Also on my scales at home I've just moved from 13st something to 12st something.... Which psychologically sounds much better :) stuck to the diet completely and got through 4liters of water so I'm feeling happy with myself. Got terrible stomach cramps tonight though. I guess that's payback for yesterday's wobble. On a positive note about that, even though I'm really annoyed with myself for eating something I'm happy that I didn't do my usual "I've eaten one thing so I might as well have the whole evening off the diet" as this is my pattern when dieting.
Big test this weekend because I'm going for a weekend in London. Travelling on a train and staying alone in a hotel, both big triggers for me!!!!
Wish me luck!

Well done for getting back to it straight away. It is difficult to not use food as a solution after doing that for such a long time. You should be pleased with yourself that you are not giving in.

Also great that you are seeing positive effects from following the plan. Have a lovely weekend in London keep positive xx

Enjoy your weekend, sounds lovely, One suggestion is to carry a bottle of water everywhere while out and about and have one beside you in the hotel. And keep a bar with you that you can take a little nibble if you are tempted by any treats while out on the town.

hi there hope its all going well, just caught up with your diary and its really good i enjoyed reading it, for some reason i thought you had just started a couple of weeks ago, im really daft sometimes too many late nights! anyhoo keep up with it and hope you figure out how you want to go with the baby issue. also good luck with the travelling, keep stocked with plenty of water, i dont mean like a camel as im doing but just so you stay hydrated xxx

Thanks for that!! Am
In week 6 now but am becoming a bit of a Ll frequent flyer. Lost 7 stone on total in 2000, kept if off for years but a couple of stone crept on so did lite in Jan 10 but PILED weight on due to personal stuff and a course of anti depressants. Now hoping this time will be my last :-D enjoying reading your diary too... Keep posting :)

So, weekend in London was a cautious sucess. Started badly when I realised that the packs I'd brought were mainly shepherds pie and porridge which I had no way of cooking, doh!! But I had one bar and a protien/veg meal (ham omlette and sald) in the eve on sat, then today my two choc packs, a bar on the train and shepherd's pie as soon as I got home. So 100% today anyway.
Met up with 2 potential sperm donors. One was a little bit odd and I thought "oh dear the weekend will be a disaster" but the other, today was just lovely. Shy and nervous but good looking and had all his paperwork ready in a neat bundle for me to take away and study.
Well.... Maybe I'll need to move my diary to the "trying to concieve" section soon?? Hmm...

hi poor you with the packs lol at least you stuck with the protein and didnt gorge, well done you for being 100%. praying that everything goes well with the sperm donor route and you fulfill your wish :hug99:
keep it up xxx

Back