Total Solution Hi Everyone - I'm back - Susysu's Diary

susysu

Hi All

Im back and motivated

failed to get past day 4 times this year, and 6 times last year. I went and saw dr a couple of weeks ago as i was so depressed about it all, who gave me xenical so i absconded to the other side for a week but was being nosy reading all your posts last week and they were so inspirational something made me think " have 1 more go!

So last monday i restarted and i am pleased and amazed to announce that here I am, Day 7, been 100% and touch wood something has clicked and i will be doing my first ever proper weigh in tomorrow

i havent said hello until now as i didnt want to fail before id started like i normally do

What's different this time?

Well when i sat snivelling in front of the dr a couple of weeks ago, i was saying how depressed i was that i seem to have spent my whole life on a diet, and that it was all i thought of day in and out. that i could never look forward to any event as my first thought was always what am i going to wear, how much weight can I lose by then etc etc

she said that if i wanted it badly enough i would do it, to which i replied with, i do want it, it's all i've every wanted to be slim. She replied back, well you obviously havent wanted it enough otherwise you would have done it. And you know, that phrase seems to have stuck in my brain for the first time ever, and every time in the first few days i thought about cheating, i thought to myself, what do you want more food or to be slim ( i should add that my Dr is really lovely and wasnt being mean, just matter of fact)

so here i am, hopefully to be with you all for the next few months! :D

xxx

Hi All

Im back and motivated

failed to get past day 4 times this year, and 6 times last year. I went and saw dr a couple of weeks ago as i was so depressed about it all, who gave me xenical so i absconded to the other side for a week but was being nosy reading all your posts last week and they were so inspirational something made me think " have 1 more go!

So last monday i restarted and i am pleased and amazed to announce that here I am, Day 7, been 100% and touch wood something has clicked and i will be doing my first ever proper weigh in tomorrow

i havent said hello until now as i didnt want to fail before id started like i normally do

What's different this time?

Well when i sat snivelling in front of the dr a couple of weeks ago, i was saying how depressed i was that i seem to have spent my whole life on a diet, and that it was all i thought of day in and out. that i could never look forward to any event as my first thought was always what am i going to wear, how much weight can I lose by then etc etc

she said that if i wanted it badly enough i would do it, to which i replied with, i do want it, it's all i've every wanted to be slim. She replied back, well you obviously havent wanted it enough otherwise you would have done it. And you know, that phrase seems to have stuck in my brain for the first time ever, and every time in the first few days i thought about cheating, i thought to myself, what do you want more food or to be slim ( i should add that my Dr is really lovely and wasnt being mean, just matter of fact)

so here i am, hopefully to be with you all for the next few months! :D

xxx

hi hun welcome back. Keep up the PMA and look here for support it is invaluable and everyone is so friendly. Congratulations on making it to day 7, it gets easier from there and I'm sure you will have a fab loss when you weigh tomorrow

Waiting to hear how you get on xxx

Thank you Alia

well week 1 weigh in this morning and I've lost 13lbs. Very happy but aware that that was the easy bit and I'm not going to see such motivating losses again. Need to stay motivated when the scales dont fly down as quickly as they have this week!

Thank you x

hiya susy!!!

Welcome back again!!!

its sooo true what your DR said, and i know they werent being mean - they were being truthful!

soo glad to see you have made it through the first week!! you can do it now and you know you can so no more cheats or ill shout at you!!! lol

how did you find xenical???

Hey chelly

I'm v happy to be back, going to do it this time. So many things coming up in the next few months that will be so much nicer being slim for.

Managed to get 2 litres of water down already at work this morning too! I didnt stop drinking about 4 or 5 cups of tea and about 4 cans of coke zero as I wouldn't be able to follow this diet without them but I am going to try and increase my water this week. How much do you all drink a day? Do you think it really makes a difference?

yeah i find the more water i drink in a day the less bloated i feel the next morning when i wake up!! like theres days ive drank the bog standard 2 litres and wake up feeling like my bellys bigger - but if i drink loads it really seems to make me feel better!!

i drink about 4 litres or more a day! and I dont allow myself to have a coke zero until ive drank the minimum 2 litres!!

its easier in work cus i sit here with a litre bottle and before i know it ive filled it up 3 times already!

I agree, so much easier to drink water at work as i dont mind going to the loo constantly as i'm getting paid to do so lol!

peeing on the company time - love it aswell! lol!!

Dont get many other perks here!

can i ask you a question which could sound a bit weird!

you've lost 1st 12lbs in the last 3 weeks, which is an amazing loss in such a short time. What i cant get my head round is how someones appearance can change so drastically in 3 weeks, but to lose that much it has to. I’m not explaining myself very well but do you know what i meanIts something that has always baffled me when i’ve heard of people losing lots of weight quickly on a vlcd. Does it literally melt off you overnight?
All i can think about is how different I look when I'm 2 stone lighter but i cant believe I could look that way in just another 2 or 3 weeks?

Susy, it's not usual to lose quite that much in quite such a short space of time, generally on this diet you'll lose about a stone a month, which is exactly how it's worked out for me, it took me 4 weeks to lose my first stone and I started at nearly 18 stone. You'll have a bigger loss the first week while you lose mostly water and glycogen stores and only after that does your body start burning fat once you're into ketosis. Water weight can make you feel and look bloated so you'll lose that and it may be noticeable. When I did Slimming World our consultant used to say losing about 10lbs equalled a clothes size but I find that's not quite right, it depends on how much you weigh to start with. I'm down 2.5 stone and have gone down from a 24 jeans to an 18 jeans and have lost lots of inches but I'm still pretty huge when I look in the mirror, it's not mega noticeable on me.

i think i know what you mean - like where can it go?? the way i THINK it works is - its all eaten up for energy - like every movement we make and every little thing we do requires energy - and for the energy it needs fuel which the body is using our fat for fuel right now! and i think throughout the day we are slowly shrinking away constantly but we wont notice it as we are still "eating" and drinking lots - and when we sleep the bodys taking away all the bloating we may have experienced from the food or the eating and wallah! we are slimmer!

i dont really feel any different until i see a picture of myself or look at my pics then i can see a massive difference!

I find aswell that i have a half a stone barrier that makes such a big difference to my body - from 12stone 10 to 13 stone 3 really changes the way my clothes fit and how i feel in myself!

i think it also depends what part of the body your losing it from - i find my boobs go first then my belly then my thighs - but others loose a bit off everything at once! so may feel like they arent losing it as quickly cus they cant a huge difference until say a few stone ligher etc

Ok, so I lost 13lbs, drank 3 litres of water yesterday and then went home and ate 8 crackerbreads with tuna and then grated cheese. Then 2 rice cakes. Then a bag of haribo type sweets. Then went to bed gutted, dog woke me up at 3 so ate a small bag of teddy bear gums. Then ate another 4 crackerbreads and cheese for breakfast!!! What a stupid fool I am. So of course the scales are showing 2lbs on now!! So fed up with myself

oh no susy!!

do you know what made you eat it?? what went through your head before you reached for the food??

Oh hun you had a fab weight loss, what made you do it? Any how, its done now, you cant undo it so put it behind you and start afresh. A bad day does not have to mean all is lost, chin up, you,can do this!

I think it was the fact that id made it to weigh in, and in all previous diets after weigh in was the time for a treat

unfortunately that is not the way to go with exante, i really didnt want to start thinking of food again, and that is just what has happened. Been good all day, and have just got in from work and eaten a portion of homemade lasagne.

However that is the end of it, no more. Back on 100% tomorrow before I do too much damage. I WILL see you all again next monday for 2nd weigh in with a further loss!

Thanks Alia and Chelly, i will be back on track tomorrow :)

Oh Honey...you have done so well!

hi all

well after a two day blip of eating, and 3lbs up showing on the scales :mad: and am back on track. Hoping to have a good 4 days before monday's weigh in and get a loss, even if it is only 1lb!

thanks for all the support xx

Back