Hi Everyone, I'm new...

sounds interesting, hadn't heard of it before

Solsticediva,

have a look at the Go Lower website. Like hchappy says, it is so easy and the weight just falls off. Best of all you eat real food and do not feel hungry!!!

Hchappy as I have so much to lose I still do not feel it is noticeable and I am still waiting for those compliments..... I guess when I see people I haven't seen for a while they may notice, I hope!

Solsticediva,as SuzyK says, look at the Go Lower web site. I'm really loving this diet (as much as anyone can love a diet!) The thing is with Go Lower, you don't feel you are actually dieting! You eat 3 meals a day, and have snacks and even better they provide you with your meals and snacks you just need to add fruit and veg. So you don't even need to think about it. It's real food and I think it's tasty.

I've been doing Go Lower now for nearly 5 weeks and in my first month lost a stone! It's already noticeable and not just to me. My clothes feel looser and people at school have asked what I'm doing. If I have any problems I just call my personal consultant who is very helpful. Give it a try - what've you got to loose except lbs!!

Good luck and we're all here to help.

xx

Hi
just reading your comments hchappy and I just realised I popped into the shops this morning to buy some fruit on the way to work and I forgot to get any veg. Oh well hubby will do the shopping at the weekend so I guess I will manage until then.

I fancy having some strawberries later and the ones I had at home, that we got last weekend, have gone mouldy so I deceided to make a quick detor via Sainsburys.....

SuzyK, sorry you forgot your veg...at least you're still getting in your fruit in! Kids ate all our strawberries this am,without me getting any!! They never have the chance to go mouldy in my house. I'm quite fortunate that my kids LOVE their fruit. It's hard coz I always make sure we've got the fruit in, but also make sure the kids have there's before I get to mine...that's when I tend not to eat...

Weigh in later - fingers crossed.

xx

I hid my strawberries behind the fruit bowl so the kids didn't finish them off and that is why they went mouldy, because I also didn't see them there.

Both mine also eat lots of fruit but as I am mainly eating berries now I am encouraging them on bananas, apples etc and trying to steer them away from my stuff so I have enough to last the week.
Does that make me a cruel mum??? I am doing this diet for them as well, so I hope that justifys me hiding my strawberries.

You must eat! We all put our kids first but sometimes you have to think of yourself and look after you, so that you can look after them!

Hi SuzyK
You are not a bad mum for hiding the berries for yourself to eat. In fact, its probably better as the berries are out of season and we should try and buy fruit in season esp. for the kids as it does taste better.

I do eat, but somehow there is never quite enough for me. I always let the kids go first and I get what's left. I did go to tesco today (normally OH goes, but was desperate and couldn't wait any longer for my fruit) and bought loads of fruit and veg. But the more I buy, the more the kids eat. It never seems to last no matter what.... Still I'm not hungry so I shouldn't complain and the kids are getting a good healthy start.

xx

Hi Hchappyh

Thanks for helping me justify the kids not eating my berries. I will have to remember that one, that they should be encouraged to eat what is in season.

Maybe you should do like me and hide some for yourself. You sound like me in that your kids have a balanced diet, and mine are always encouraged to eat healthily.

Before this diet for me it was a case of do as I say, not as I do!!!

I really don't want me children to have the weight problems I have had over the years so I don't have things like chocolate in the house but if they are at parties etc then I do let them have some.

SuzyK - I think we are very similar. Both kids eat a very healthy well balanced diet. And it has always been do I say, not as I do - that is until Go Lower. Although, I still let them eat all the fruit and I have what's left. Still better than having none at all I guess. Maybe I should hide some like you suggested.

Like you, also don't want my children to grow up with a weight problem - really aware of that. Have even joined the Govt's Be Active stuff. Not overly impressed as do all what it says anyway...still it's a step in the right direction...exercise and a healthy diet.

Good luck
xx

I will have to look at the Be Active web site. Is that to do wih the things they came home from school with about changing a bad snack to a healthy snack? If so they so rarely get unhealthy snacks at home I put it in the drawer.

They do quite a bit of exercise as they love riding their bikes and playing on the trampoline but that is only in the nice weather. I do find we are having problems keeping them active during the cold weather as you can only walk / play in the park for so long before they complain of being cold.

Hopefully, next year as they will be older I can enrol them in some sport classes. At least they do PE at school.

I am much better since being on Go Lower about letting them actually see what I eat. In the past if I wanted crisps etc I would wait until they were in bed. That is probably why I would then eat at least two packets!!!!!

The Go Active kit was also sent home from school and like you also put it in a draw. There were a few good ideas, like putting a banana in the freezer and then they could eat that frozen and think they were eating an ice-lolly - not done that one yet! They also had a few good idea about games to play at home in the cold - even hide and seek is good as it gets them moving and not just sitting in the same place. i also have got twister and that's good fun and gets them to be a bit agile.

Both my kids go to gym classes. My daughter is 6 and really loves it as well as her PE it school and my son, 3 also goes and loves his gym classes. he is always running at nursery too.

As to seeing me eat, I am getting better, but did used to hide in the kitchen ramming that biscuit down before they saw me eat it! Thank goodness not like that any more! Go Lower has definitely helped me in the way I see my food now, and definitely for the better.

Good luck
xx

I will have to get it out the drawer and have a look as I didn't even take a proper look to see what was on it when it came home from school.

I agree with you the banana in the freezer is a good one, but then mine would happily eat bananas all day long, frozen or not!

I will also have to see what games are suitable for us to play as I didn't realise they had those sort of suggestions on it!

My two also run around but I would like them to do something more structured. My youngest is also 3 so I will see if we have any gym glasses locally that are suitable for him. I thought he would be too young but obviously not!

I was so the same about them seeing me eat. My youngest would sometimes ask me what is that smell after I had eaten chocolate and I would say "oh nothing" and he would say chocloate mummy.....

No more of that! When I have my Go Lower chocolate as it is a treat for me it is when they are in bed but anything else I eat I am happy to have in front of them!

My 3yr old loves his gym. He's always doing forward rolls at home - it's so lovely to see. My 6yr old daughter also can't get enough of it. She does loads of stuff at school as well. Last term she did a 6 week course after school (at school) all about sports and they got in a local football coach to come in and train with the kids - it was great. She also does Rainbows (the younger version of Brownies) and loves that. Although that is not always running about, it still games and fun which is good for her confidence building as she is so shy.

I also save my Go Lower treats to the evening when the kids are in bed and its just me and the OH and quite time (which doesn't happen all that often) so it's nice to indulge without the kids about - me time I find now is so important. I find my time on this forum is good for 'me time' too. No interruptions..

xx

We all need "me time" I just never realised I needed it until I stopped getting any.

I have had a bad week with my youngest as he has a cold and his temperature has been quite high and I have needed my own time more than ever as I have had disturbed nights. Not only does my son get into my bed but he tells me to go and sleep with his brother. All this in a whisper so I don't disturb hubby!

Both nights I got him back to his own bed each time but it has taken its toll on me now we are getting near the end of the week! At least last night he slept right through............

Tonight I will have my Go Lower treat as soon as they are in bed and I will probably be in bed not long after them.

I used to love Brownies, they never did the younger version when I was young! I want to start the boys at Beavers as soon as they are old enough.

SuzyK -Hope your littlest is feeling better. I know what you mean, sleepless nights are definatley the worst thing in the world. They make you grouchy and me hungry and I just want to eat something, anything now - mood! At least that is the good thing with Go Lower, I maybe tired, but don't want to eat anything now for a quick fix. My time is now taken up on this forum, and I'm finding I get my 'fix' from typing and reading and oddly enough not thinking about what I would like to eat next!?!

My 3 year old son is already asking about Beavers - he's got ages yet, but i know he'll enjoy it when the time comes.

xx

Hi

Another bad night last night....... why can't I be disturbed at weekends when I don't have work to get up for?

Last night the little one got into my bed and didn't want me anywhere near him, he kept pushing me towards hubby who was almost being pushed out of the bed. When I went into my others sons bed he screamed for me so hubby and I both had a bad night............. kids, don't we just love em?

I must admit in the past if I have been feeling really tired I do crave sweet things but like you that has passed thanks to Go Lower. I just don't feel hungry at all.

I need to get the boys names down for Beavers as their is a waiting list for our local one. Another job I must add to the list!

Hi SuzyK
My 3 year old had me up last night - but not because he wasn't feeling well....He must have been dreaming because he wanted his 'spellings'. Now obviously he doesn't do spellings at the tender age of 3, but does sit with his older sister when she is practising hers....I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! He eventually went back to sleep with me promising to get them for him in the morning!

Woke up shattered....but but at least not hungry. Had my cereal and yoghurt because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, not because I wanted it! Managed to get a little lunch down and just had grilled fish and salad dinner. Not even had any snacks today, and really don't want them - just want my bed. Go Lower is doing wonders for not having loads of washing up to do!!!

xx

Hi Happy,

The lack of washing up is such a bonus. What I also can't get over is how quick and easy it is to cook the Go Lower food. A couple of minutes and it is on the plate ready to be eaten..... brilliant!

Little one slept through last night, I just wish he would go to sleep now. I can hear him and his brother and I have already told them off once.

Pleased the little ones are sleeping better. Not sure how mine are going to sleep tonight. My youngest this morning managed to bang his right ear against the bathroom wall when he was running into the bathroom to brush his teeth...anyway to cut along story short, his ear is now twice the size it's supposed to be and every colour imaginable! Calpol was good all day and he's been really good and not moaned, but now he has to sleep on it and no idea how tonight will go. The only plus to this is because I'm doing Go Lower, don't have to think about food, so if need be can spent the evening with him and not worry about eating dinner. As you said, Go Lower food is ready in minutes.

xx

Suzy-How is it that you don't think that people have noticed when you've lost 70lbs!?!?! That's crazy talk, woman!

Happy-well I've been talking to you through threads and what not but welcome, officially :)

Back