Hi Everyone, I'm new...

Thanks Peachy!! It's good to 'chat'.

SuzyK as Peachy says, why do you think people haven't noticed that you've lost weight? They must have done. You are doing so well, please don't feel to disheartened about it. Suddenly, the compliments will start coming in and you won't know what to do with yourself - your head will get bigger, but as long as it's not your waist line, who cares!

Keep motivated
xx

Suddenly, the compliments will start coming in and you won't know what to do with yourself - your head will get bigger, but as long as it's not your waist line, who cares.

Haha, I love it :D

Thanks Peachy and Happy

I am having a bad day, (not diet related) so it is good to feel better reading your comments.

I am not too stressed that people haven't noticed but I am still in mens big baggy jumpers and wearing jeans all the time. I am just not ready to show of the new me.

I think I did a good job of covering up in the past but I am still wearing most of the same clothes. My jeans now look like a sack of potatoes around my waist as my belt is holding them up but I am not ready to buy new ones until I get to target!

Happy how is your sons ear now?

Suzy- I hate to break it to you but you won't be able to wear those clothes until you reach your goal. It's going to become physically impossible. There's a massive 140 pound difference there which is anywhere from 7 to 9 sizes different. Why do you think you're not ready to show it off yet? Don't you think it would fuel your motivation if people noticed and complimented you?

It wouldn't be the end of the world if you bought a couple new pieces. You can set yourself goals and have an item of clothing as a reward. I was soooooo happy to have bought and fit into a size 14!

I'm sorry you were having a bad day, hopefully you're feeling better by now x

Suzy- I hate to break it to you but you won't be able to wear those clothes until you reach your goal. It's going to become physically impossible. There's a massive 140 pound difference there which is anywhere from 7 to 9 sizes different. Why do you think you're not ready to show it off yet? Don't you think it would fuel your motivation if people noticed and complimented you?

It wouldn't be the end of the world if you bought a couple new pieces. You can set yourself goals and have an item of clothing as a reward. I was soooooo happy to have bought and fit into a size 14!

I'm sorry you were having a bad day, hopefully you're feeling better by now x

Suzy I agree with Peachy above. You should treat yourself. You sooo deserve it and it will make you feel better about yourself.

Sorry you've been having a bad day - have to admit not had the best few days myself...here goes -
Monday - OH locked me and the kids in the hse by mistake and drove to work without realising. I didn't realise until it was 8.35am wanted to leave to do the school run!! Phoned him and he was already 40miles away - uuurrrggggg. Phoned the school to say my daughter would be late. Then called my mum to see if she had left for work yet - she was about to walk out the door so after screaming at me (which she told me later was a total over-reaction - you think!) she let me out, gave me the spare key and amazingly I got my daughter to school on time - no idea how. That was Monday....Yesterday, had a fairly good day, until late afternoon, noticed my son had a load of spots all over his tummy and back - chicken pox! He was then up all night, so had no sleep. When he got up this am, not 1 spot!!!!! No idea, but at least not chicken pox (for the moment).
Today - knackered due to last night and OH still not home from work....tomorrow better be better!

Suzy, my sons ear is still very black..don't remember posting about that - weird maybe u r physic! Still it doesn't seem to be hurting him any more. So fingers crossed that's on the mend.

Oh yeah, cars broken too...got wet today in the rain and all 3 washing loads on the line got soaked!!

Thank goodness weight loss still seems to be going well, otherwise I'd be really fed up!

Keep motivated

xx

Happy

sorry to hear you have been having a bad time this week. You posted about your sons ear I promise, as I am not physic. I think it must have been the end of last week as I didn't get online over the weekend and I think it was yesterday I had read the posts I had missed.

So pleased it was not chicken pox, (fingers crossed) have you changed your washing powder or something??? Since it has all gone.

I had a similar problem once with being locked in but it was because the lock had broken, and hubby was also at work.

For some reason my dad was here in the morning, (it is normally my mum) as the boys had pre schools in opposite directions. We had to go out the back gate and climb a wall onto the neighbours drive, (our caravan blocks are drive). I had to pass the boys up to my dad and somehow I managed to get up the wall myself. If mum had been here she would never have managed it.

I then hid the back door key but hubby didn't answer his phone that day and he forced the lock when he got home and I still have a bent door frame....... men!

Peachey

I know I need new clothes but the reason I had a bad day yesterday is because I now know I will have no job after next week. I have known it was on the cards for sometime but I thought I had more time. Yesterday it was confirmed when I go away next week I have no job to come back too. I am feeling better today as I am now thinking about extending my holiday by a few days but money is going to be tight until I get something else.

I have been reminded on here tonight about Primark so I may try to get in there and have a look.

Like Happy says, thankfully all is good with the diet, because now would normally be the time I would start comfort eating. I have a lot to thank Go Lower for!

Suzy, so sorry to hear about your job. That really is bad news. My OH lost his job about 18months ago now, just by the summer hols. It took all of the summer and some of sept, but he did get a job and actually couldn't be happier. Fingers crossed the same will happen for you. Money was tight, but it always has been...and prob always will be....The best piece of advice can I offer is keep thinking positive and it'll work out in the end.

Keep going with the diet too, as you are doing soooo well, it would be a shame to stop now.

Smile, be happy and enjoy your holiday.

xx

Hello, sounds like you have had a manic week. Im new on here, didnt think about joining a diet forum like this one untill someone from netmums mentioned it to me (just taken me ages to do it!)
have been doing Go Lower since october last year and lost 5 stone ( quite ashamed to say i need to loose so much). Got to keep it all off and now is the time i think i need the support most.
x

Hi again Isabel

Happy and I are both doing Go Lower and it is always great to find someone else.

You will find loads of support on here and everyone will keep you motivated if you need it.

Happy

thanks for the message. I am sure I will get something soon I just need to really start looking.

I can assure you I will be sticking with the diet. No way am I going to quit! However, in the past on any other diet I would probably be throwing in the towel by now as I always gave up as soon as I had an excuse!

One good thing is I have extended my holiday by 5 days as I have no job to rush back to!

Happy-My god, what an insane week you've had! I'm sorry, hope it's less hectic next week x

Suzy-I'm really sorry to hear that. At least you get more holidays out of it and then you can get back to real life lol, just enjoy your holiday and don't worry too much.

Primark is ridiculously cheap. I've bought nice tops from there for like 3 pounds.. and I keep getting compliments on them haha. It's a bit silly. I like charity shops sometimes too for more unique items but it can actually be more expensive than Primark, somehow! At least it's going toward a good cause. Let us know if/when you get something new :)

Keep at the diet, you're doing great. The fact that you're not comfort eating at the minute with what's going on is showing immense growth, that's fantastic x

Firstly Hello Isabel B - its always good to find a knew Go Lower dieter on here. Chat when you feel the need, or chat when you don't! You've actually been doing Go Lower longer than me, so I guess I'll be asking you for any tips etc....although at the moment no problems, just really happy.

Suzy - Good luck with the job hunting, and enjoy your holiday. Remember you've worked hard for it so make sure you enjoy it!

Peachy - It has definitely been one hell of a week and all I can think is that next week has got to be better! I agree Primark is excellent for cheap and cheerful clothes, especially as you're not going to wear them for long (with more weight loss = more knew clothes!)

Keep motivated - my weigh in later tonight - fingers crossed!

xx

Happy-Fingers crossed for a better week and for scales going down! Let us know how you get on :)

It's heartbreaking to buy clothes now so I almost know where Suzy's coming from but I'm just floating in everything I own at the minute and it's driving me insane, but I don't wanna buy too many new pieces cos then they might not fit me anymore. I did treat myself to the one piece but now with -25lbs, my jeans, skirts, tops, basically everything is way too big. It's just a bit ridiculous. Oh well, keep calm and carry on :D

I am doing lighter life but Go Lower sounds really interesting - good luck with it. Am in between sizes and don't want to buy new clothes but my old ones look awful on me. I guess its a good place to be.
Good luck tonight Happy

Hi Katie

Welcome to the site, everyone is really supportive if you ever need some motivation.

I am a total Go Lower convert and if you want to know more about it just ask or go to their website. I find it so easy to stick too I still can't believe I am losing weight!

I am going to go to Primark today as soon as I have cleaned the house so wish me luck that I find some suitable stuff.....

I suppose I should be job hunting but I guess I can do that later.

Well done Happy, you must be so pleased with yourself. You are losing exactly as much as Go Lower say you will.

My weight loss slightly changes each month but it more or less evens out as a stone a month.

Primark was a waste of time as the dresses were too short and the tops too small.... one advantage was it was a very cheap shopping trip for me.

My job had just been extened for another 3 months so this morning I am also Happy!!!! and the best bit is because I changed my flight last week I am still going away for two weeks.....

Aw Suzy, I'm sorry your Primark trip wasn't successful but great news about the job :) You must be relieved!

Suzy - really pleased for you. At least you've now got time to look for another job....is there any chance they may extend it again? Sorry your shopping trip was a waste of time, but think of the money you saved...have you tried anywhere else...George at ASDA is good for cheap and cheerful...

Am also really pleased you got your holiday extended...you'll be able to enjoy it all the more now.

xx

Hi Peachey
Yes I am very relieved about the job. Only problem is I don't have a chance to shop anywhere else this week before going away. I only went to Primark because it is normally so cheap.

Happy
I have got a lot of stuff at George, like their mens jumpers..... and if I had the time I may of had a look but I am out of time now!

He may extend again but I don't know how long I can go on living like that. He only said two weeks ago maybe we will go month by month and when I asked him last week if he had made a decision on that he told me to finish this week when I go away. That was a big shock.

Yesterday when he asked me to stay on I was surprised but I have at least three more months.....

I am trying to decide this evening what Go Lower foods to take away with me. I know I want to take the breakfasts and snack bars but I don't know if I want to take some of the meals or not as I am sure we won't eat out every night. Decisions, decisions.

Back