Hi guys

ashley86

Hi everyone, lots of inspiration here, well done all of u!

Just looking to start a low gi diet, to lose weight, got a book but it's not that informative...so looking at getting a better one but in the meantime giving it a go by starting to make the right choices!

My down fall is snacking, and my current lifestyle and working pattern means I need to find either low gi snacks to carry with me or something I can buy in shops so if anyone has any they wish to share I would b very grateful :)

Also a quick question, I have read that wraps are low gi, is this any wraps? Also are any crackers, like crackerbreads or ryvita low gi?

Sorry for all the questions.

Happy Friday! :)

Hi Ashley and welcome to the forum.
What book did you get ?? A handy little reference for checking Gi:GL foods is
Gi & GL counter by dr wynnie chan.
Tortilla wraps are low GL. When I have a wrap I try to leave some of the thick folded bit on the plate. That way, I am reducing some of the White carbs.
Rye crackers are ok. Crackerbreads will be made from wheat so will prob be high GL. As a rule anything with wheat, pasta or rice will be either high or medium GL.
Being out and about can prove difficult as you don't always want salad type food or you just may be too rushed. I always have some Nakd bars with me. These are just raw fruits processed into a bar. A 68 g bar often does me for a quick lunch with a cup if coffee. Tesco have the bars or you will find them in health food shops. These bars never leave me feeling hungry or craving more. Another good bar is Carman. They do a fruit muesli bar which is very filling and low GL.
Hope this helps.
Keep hopping on here for support. Have a good weekend.

Thanks molly :)

I now have the rick gallop book and have read it all and trying to plan my meals so i dont get tempted at the vendor machine :p

i have come across nairns oatcakes, they say on them that they are low gi and these are good option to snack on other that fruit and veg!

will start a food diary in coming weeks to make sure im making good decisions.

hope you are having a good week.

Back