Hi I am a newbie too!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sab, 2 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Sab

Sab Member

Hi I am Sab and I have started slimming just over 3 weeks ago.:D
    I did really well the first two weeks but was very shocked seeing I had not lost anything in my 3rd week despite being really really good! I hope with joining this group I will make friends and have some questions answered. Together we are strong!!!;)

Last edited: 2 September 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stormwind

Stormwind Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Hello and :welcome2:
    Good luck with your weight loss journey !
    You can do it !! :D

4. Sab

Sab Member

Thank you very much for saying hello! Can you tell me how I can plant a ticker so it is always available to view? Cheers

5. madchef

madchef Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat
    Welcome aboard Sab, I have not been on here long either and found this section Tutorials - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum very useful, and scroll down a little and there is a tuition on how to get your own personal ticker tape going ;)

Remember to measure yourself regularly, the tape measure is a mightier tool than the scales, it doesn't lie, even if you breathe in you know you are ;)

6. Sab

Sab Member

hello Joany,
    thank you very much for your help. I am glad I signed up to this site. I am not very good with using the site yet but due to a shoulder problem (from exercising grrrr!) I am in pain and find it hard to concentrate. Therefore I will leave it until tomorrow when I have more time and patience to edit my site.

you are quite right! I think I need to measure myself!!! I don't know how just yet (forgive me being so lost!) but I will find out.

thank you so much again. I appreciate feedback and I think it will support me through my journey x

7. madchef

madchef Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat
    It sounds as tho you have a touch of my complaint, cuff tendinitis, in other words a swollen sore shoulder, the only cure it to rest it, don't do any exercise other than putting a cold pack on it for 20 minutes at a time, at least 4 times a day. I have one over it at the moment to reduce the stress by being on my PC :(

I measure, with an ordinary tape measure, my Hips; Waist; n Hips. My doctor tells me the most important one is the waist as that tells him how much fat I am reducing around my vital organs, if you check my Diary I have lost 5 inches off my waist, I n the Doc are right chuffed :D

Good luck on your weight loss and ask lots of questions, it's the only way you are going to get answers.

8. Awaken Me

Awaken Me On my Way...

Welcome to the forum Sab. Everyone is so friendly and helpful - good luck with your weight loss plan xx

9. KarenB

KarenB Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(13.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :wavey: Hi and a warm welcome

10. sharkbait1983

sharkbait1983 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Vintage Points
    Hi and :welcome: to the forums! Everyone on here is lovely and there is plenty of support and advice available!
    Good luck on your weight loss journey
    Sharkbait1983 x

11. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Have another go with your ticker. Did you use the BB code?

Good luck.

Irene xx

12. Sab

Sab Member

wow that is amazing so many on here. Thanks all for your lovely comments! I have been camping over the weekend which was lovely but really difficult foodwise! It did not help that we went to a cider festival!!! However...I only had a (miserable at the time) slimline tonic and survived! We also had food there and I was a bit frustrated with the menu and -not wanting to starve- I decided on a jacket potato with BLT. I knew there would be syns coming up and I felt a little bit down about it but, I was majorly surprised when eating in the dark (outdoors with no table lights)I found two wrapped up butter parcels (LOL!) which I carefully removed and we had mystery vegetables served (we did not order them!).
    So it was good fun after all!
    I was also good with the morning breakfast bbq (it was not easy to resist the sausages...)
    In the evening I ate some breaded chicken and had some wine too. I felt terribly guilty, but what is the point in that. So hopefully that does not too much for my wednesday weighing result! Fingers crossed!!!
    Have a good evening all or a lovely day respectively!!!

Sab x

13. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello Sab! Welcome to MiniMins, hope you have a lovely time here with us!

Sorry to hear about your shoulder :( Hope it gets better soon!

There is a link in my signature for a little support group/team we have going, feel free to check it out and join in the challenge. It's never too late to join :) Just add your name and target loss for September to the list, then update after each WI!

Ali xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.