Hi i`m back again lol

Hi Roch, don't worry about being nervous - it's totally understandable hon. They have his notes and you can remind them what happened last time too and they will be aware and he will be just fine I am sure. This time tomorrow you will be feeling a whole lot better. Will be thinking of you and Aaron today. Take care. xx

Thanks Jen xx

Thanks Sonkie, am not usually a nervous mum when it comes to Aarons health as we have gone through many serious health problems since birth but after his last general anisthetic when we got home Aaron had a major hemerage and bled for many hours and had to be resusitated and that was the most horendous thing to go through so thats why i am so scared today.
The hospital are very good and of course they have all his previous medical history but i am still scared.

Being scared just shows how much of a caring mum you are, it is natural, no-one wants to see their child having surgery.
Im sure he will be fine and they are ready for any possible problems knowing his medical history.
Will he be kept in hospital for a while after to be monitored....?
Hope things go smoothly.....keep us posted. xx

Hi Roch,

Thinking of you and AAron and sending love and prayers.

Let us know how it goes.

Love Mini xxx

hi hun,
you won't get this till you are home again, so i hope all has gone well & that Aaron is doing well.
will be thinking of you both through out the afternoon
xx:)

Hi roch,
nice to see you posting, and hope those tabs kick in soon :p

Wishing Aaron all the best for today, is prob all over and done by now...

thinking of you both,
love
Gerix

Hi all, we r just back from the hospital and thank g-d it all went smoothly Aaron came back from surgery buzzing big time and was laughing and talking pure rubbish and calling the doctor and porters "mate" all the time lol
He is absolutely shattered and so am i, my feet are so swollen i can barely move and my although i have taken 8 co codamol and 3 voltarol my sciatica is still very painfull.

Am seeing my gp hopefully this week and we r going to go through all the points she needs to address to get me funding from my local pct for my gastric bypass op
Also i am registered on a wls website and the info and help on there is amazing and also one lady who sent me a pm who has had a gastric bypass lives 4 streets away and she helps people who r having problems getting funding or need some extra support, i just spoke to her and she was so helpful.

Thank u to all of u who have sent me and Aaron messages of support today, i am 2 shattered to stay and type and cant manage to sit by the pc for any longer.
Take care and hope to come online 2morrow xxx

AWWWWW so pleased it went well, I bet you are soooo relieved. Hee hee bet Aaron enjoyed the buzz while it lasted.
Great that there is someone local who has been through the surgery herself, she will be very helpful to you.

Take care xx

Really pleased all went well today with Aaron and that you've found someone to talk to about the op.

Great news Roch

xx

Thanks for all your messages and support xx
Aaron is fine and back to being a normal teenager ;) and has got his appettite back big time !!
My feet are very swollen and my sciatica is quite bad so i am feeling kind of rough.
I am trying to get in touch with the Endocrinologist and get an appointment to see him as i think he might have more clout than my gp when it comes to funding for my bypass.
Am going 2 go and rest my legs as sitting by the pc is no good for me when i am feeling kind of fragile.
Will catch up later on thanks xx

hi roch,
sorry i wasnt around the last few days not been feeling the best, wondered where you had gone and glad to see you back!!
my dad is on waiting list for bypass surgery and he found that the quickest way to get on it was by physcologist referral, he saw one as he was depressed by his weight, maybe this is something you could look into, he has had to loose 3 stones first using xenical and he is not quite there yet , hence he has been waiting for nearly a year now, he has a consultant appt next month to decide on times for surgery
glad Aaron is feeling good and took his surgery well!!
catch up later
nat xxx

Good luck with your campaign Roch. Will be good for you to have someone close by to talk to. Could become a fine friend.

hi roch,
sorry i wasnt around the last few days not been feeling the best, wondered where you had gone and glad to see you back!!
my dad is on waiting list for bypass surgery and he found that the quickest way to get on it was by physcologist referral, he saw one as he was depressed by his weight, maybe this is something you could look into, he has had to loose 3 stones first using xenical and he is not quite there yet , hence he has been waiting for nearly a year now, he has a consultant appt next month to decide on times for surgery
glad Aaron is feeling good and took his surgery well!!
catch up later
nat xxx

Hi Nat, sorry hun u have not been 2 good xx
My gp suggested wls op to me and i know the surgeon i want to see so i am going to ask my gp to refer me to him then at the same time apply for funding from my pct.
I know how hard it is when u are given an ultimatum to lose x amount of weight first but at least your dad has now an app now.
Wls is not an easy option infact it is the hardest option there is as it affects u for the rest of ur life but sometmes its the only option left for us.
Nat i wish him good luck and i hope he gets the results he needs.
Take care hun and thanks for all the support u have shown me xxx

Just a thought Roch, but seeing as the surgeon is likely to insist on you losing maybe 3stone ish before he will operate. Dont you think it would be worth your while now either going back to SW or similar, losing some weight now and having a record of it so you can show him that you are already working for it. May not have to wait so long for an actual surgey date.

Just a thought Roch, but seeing as the surgeon is likely to insist on you losing maybe 3stone ish before he will operate. Dont you think it would be worth your while now either going back to SW or similar, losing some weight now and having a record of it so you can show him that you are already working for it. May not have to wait so long for an actual surgey date.

Hi Happe, u r right hun i was thinking of that yesterday,so i arranged to go back to WW on friday with a friend of mine. Most peeps i have spoken 2 have all been told to lose 3 stone or more b4 they are even put on the list so as i am desperate to get this surgery i have to get my head in the wright place and concentrate on ticking all the boxes so i fit all the criteria.
Thanks hun and take care xx

Back