Hi im new to 5:2

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Hi everyone, i was so pleased to find this on here as bern using minimins for sw for ages and found it quite useful but after a number of failings due to s very hectic lifestyle have decided to give calorie counting a go and try out the fasting on two days x tuesdays & thursdays im pretty much on feet all day so will hopefully be distracted enough to fast on them days x we will see :) bit nervous it wont work but only time will tell x im on beta blockers for high blood pressure and im only 30 so its been a shock plus doctor told me i need to lose weight desperately but the beta blockers can slow down metabolism rate and make you put weight on so praying that is not the case with me x anyway hello to you all and hope to chat along the way :)

Glad you found the forum, hon. I'm not doing 5:2, but I'm starting to feel as though I'm the only one who isn't, lol - it's certainly very popular at the moment! Hope you get on well with it. :) xx

Glad you found the forum, hon. I'm not doing 5:2, but I'm starting to feel as though I'm the only one who isn't, lol - it's certainly very popular at the moment! Hope you get on well with it. :) xx

Hi Tracey, thank you x lol it does seem to be the new topic lately doesn't it? lol what are you doing? X have youlost much yet? X :)

Teamnasher said:
Hi Tracey, thank you x lol it does seem to be the new topic lately doesn't it? lol what are you doing? X have youlost much yet? X :)

Lol, yes it's definitely the "in" thing. I do calorie counting, and have lost just over 8 stone so far, so I'm happy enough with how it's going. How much do you want to lose? :) xx

Lol, yes it's definitely the "in" thing. I do calorie counting, and have lost just over 8 stone so far, so I'm happy enough with how it's going. How much do you want to lose? :) xx

Cool well done thats fantastic :) i need to lose at least 6stone x how many calories do you have each day ? X

Hi teamnasher,

I stated 5:2 a full week ago!! I've done slim and save (a vlcd) and then dukan but it wasn't for me long term. I did 5:2 last week and dropped 4lbs! Was amazed really! However, it being Easter bank holiday weekend (and a night out with my friend) I had a huge food and drink session and so I'm back on a dd today (the first of 3 this week as I've got a wedding on Saturday). I'm really enjoying it and I've bought 3 books on IF/5:2 diet on kindle and I've got some recipes from them which I will try out in the near future.

I do only have a few lbs to lose to get to goal weight but this is more about maintenance rather than actual big weight losses. With dukan I tended to binge on foods that were 'forbidden' but with 5:2 I can have those foods in moderation and so the plan is to do just that (most of the time!)

Good luck, Kellmo x

Teamnasher said:
Cool well done thats fantastic :) i need to lose at least 6stone x how many calories do you have each day ? X

Thanks! At the moment I'm on 1,500-1,600 a day. I started on around 1,800 then gradually reduced it - at my lowest I was on 1,400 but I've upped it a bit from there. :) xx

Hi teamnasher,

I stated 5:2 a full week ago!! I've done slim and save (a vlcd) and then dukan but it wasn't for me long term. I did 5:2 last week and dropped 4lbs! Was amazed really! However, it being Easter bank holiday weekend (and a night out with my friend) I had a huge food and drink session and so I'm back on a dd today (the first of 3 this week as I've got a wedding on Saturday). I'm really enjoying it and I've bought 3 books on IF/5:2 diet on kindle and I've got some recipes from them which I will try out in the near future.

I do only have a few lbs to lose to get to goal weight but this is more about maintenance rather than actual big weight losses. With dukan I tended to binge on foods that were 'forbidden' but with 5:2 I can have those foods in moderation and so the plan is to do just that (most of the time!)

Good luck, Kellmo x

Have a good week hun xx

Thanks! At the moment I'm on 1,500-1,600 a day. I started on around 1,800 then gradually reduced it - at my lowest I was on 1,400 but I've upped it a bit from there. :) xx

Cool I'm starting on 1500 on feast days as i have a lot to lose x whats been your average loss a week? On sw average was between 1.5-3lb but i could never sustain it lol x

Teamnasher said:
Cool I'm starting on 1500 on feast days as i have a lot to lose x whats been your average loss a week? On sw average was between 1.5-3lb but i could never sustain it lol x

I've done it quite steadily, over 20 months so far, and as I don't weigh myself very often I can't really say what average losses have been, I'm afraid. :) I used to only get weighed by my GP, every 2 months, and now I weigh myself monthly, as I'm strongly against frequent weighing, lol. The recommended loss for sustainability is 1-2lbs a week, and I probably averaged that at the start - obviously it's a lot slower now, as always happens towards the end! :) xx

I've done it quite steadily, over 20 months so far, and as I don't weigh myself very often I can't really say what average losses have been, I'm afraid. :) I used to only get weighed by my GP, every 2 months, and now I weigh myself monthly, as I'm strongly against frequent weighing, lol. The recommended loss for sustainability is 1-2lbs a week, and I probably averaged that at the start - obviously it's a lot slower now, as always happens towards the end! :) xx

Dont blame you lol i know some people who weigh daily and are obsessed with weighing so prob not healthy to keep doing it x i will weigh weekly as i need the kick up the bum each week lol but can see why some people just go with the flow x to stick to a plan for 20 months is great hun well done x my first fast day tomorrow so a bit nervous as my tummy is not going to know whats going on lol speak to you soon if i make it alive hehe ;)

Good luck with your fast day! I've been way too naughty over Easter, so my body's going to get a shock today as well, lol.

Yes, I used to be obsessive over weighing when I was much younger, and I'm careful now not to get to that point again, as it got a bit out of control. :) xx

Good luck with your fast day! I've been way too naughty over Easter, so my body's going to get a shock today as well, lol.

Yes, I used to be obsessive over weighing when I was much younger, and I'm careful now not to get to that point again, as it got a bit out of control. :) xx

Thanks hun :) have a great day too x i will check in tonight and let you know how I get on :) x

Well today dodnt go as planned but not a bad day, was planning on fasting to 500 cals but i literally felt sick with hunger and my reflux played up really bad so had to eat something bulky for it to stop x I've only had 900 calories today which is much less than i would have had following SW so its still good x I've decided to wait till after the holidays before fasting as need to be kept busy (work etc) and at the moment I'm stuck indoors with little one with chicken pox x I'm going to stick to under 1500 calories a day until then so still feeling positive :) xx

Teamnasher said:
Well today dodnt go as planned but not a bad day, was planning on fasting to 500 cals but i literally felt sick with hunger and my reflux played up really bad so had to eat something bulky for it to stop x I've only had 900 calories today which is much less than i would have had following SW so its still good x I've decided to wait till after the holidays before fasting as need to be kept busy (work etc) and at the moment I'm stuck indoors with little one with chicken pox x I'm going to stick to under 1500 calories a day until then so still feeling positive :) xx

No point making yourself feel poorly, hon. You'll do perfectly fine if you stick to a steady 1,500, so don't stress it. :) Hope the little one is ok - my daughter had chicken pox when she was two and was fine, but gave it to her 40-year old Dad; he was NOT fine, lol, never seen so many spots in my life!! ;) xx

No point making yourself feel poorly, hon. You'll do perfectly fine if you stick to a steady 1,500, so don't stress it. :) Hope the little one is ok - my daughter had chicken pox when she was two and was fine, but gave it to her 40-year old Dad; he was NOT fine, lol, never seen so many spots in my life!! ;) xx

Lol ooops! Ive heard adults get it bad x he's bit better today but very grizzly bless him x distracted him with games puzzles and films to stop him scratching so much x i had a good day and stuck to plan :) how about you? X

Teamnasher said:
Lol ooops! Ive heard adults get it bad x he's bit better today but very grizzly bless him x distracted him with games puzzles and films to stop him scratching so much x i had a good day and stuck to plan :) how about you? X

Aww, hope he's soon much better. Yeah, hubby was really bad with it - trust him not to have had it in childhood like a normal person, lol. Not had a bad couple of days foodwise, all on plan. I'm full of a cold, so the temptation to comfort eat is strong, but I haven't given in! :) xx

My daughter had chicken pox when she was 1 and ended up in isolation in hospital for 4 days and nearly lost her sight :(.

My daughter had chicken pox when she was 1 and ended up in isolation in hospital for 4 days and nearly lost her sight :(.

Oh no that must have been scary xx thankfully the spots seem to have come to a standstill so hopefully in the mend now x although he was sick this morning x

Oh no that must have been scary xx thankfully the spots seem to have come to a standstill so hopefully in the mend now x although he was sick this morning x

It was. Thankfully she is now fine and was discharged by the eye clinic after 18 months as they were happy that no permanent damage had been done. Hope he feels better soon.

Back