Hi, just found this forum.

DMC71

Hi, as the title suggest, I have just found this forum whilst looking for a bit of support and information.
Just to introduce myself, I am a 43 year old male, about to finish week 5 of the TFR Lipotrim diet.
Total weight lose so far is 35lbs, down to 18st 0lbs from 20st 7lbs.
Still a long weigh to go before I hit the 'normal' BMI range (another 56lbs!!!).

Couple of quick questions:

1 - What is the normal range of weight 'bounce' once you go into re-feeding? I.e. how much passed my ideal weight do I have to go to allow for the weight gain that will inevitably come back?

2 - I have been 100% committed to this so far, but what happens if I do cave in and have some naughties (i.e. I have a mad craving for cheese!!!!). Can I get back into Ketosis quickly, or is it another week of shakes before it starts again.

Thanks all for your support, this place looks great.

What you lost in your first week is a good indication of what you can regain quickly if you carb over load....if you follow the plan for refeed you can avoid it...some even lose weight on refeed.

Cheese will not take you out of ketosis...the danger is that once you break TFR it can very difficult to get back to it again as this really is the golden time and it will be quicker and easier for you in the long run if you stick with TFR now and get to goal as so many regret breaking TFR myself included..

It is common to get these cravings as the old head plays games but they don't last...make sure to take your Lipotrim and not miss out on any even if you don't feel hungry.

You have done so well with your weight loss ....in another week or so you will see your hard work as your body tones up and ever week now others will also notice the change.

2 - I have been 100% committed to this so far, but what happens if I do cave in and have some naughties (i.e. I have a mad craving for cheese!!!!). Can I get back into Ketosis quickly, or is it another week of shakes before it starts again.
t.

DONT DO IT!

if you do eat something while it may not kick you out of ketosis it will make you feel like crap.
TFR is a mental game not a physical one,
if you are craving food its your mind not your body.

distract yourself and keep pushing forward.

Thanks for the advice. Sage.
I was sorley tempted, and figured that cheese was a protein so shouldn't kick me out of ketosis, and I do have to actually 'live' whilst on this diet and, and, and.......

I got all the way to the fridge and then gave myself a good talking to.
You ae correct, this is all mental and if I break the TFR rules, it's a slippery slope to the rest. And lets face it, it wasn't resistance to temptation that got me here in the first place.

well done, you ve done the hardest bit...
now you know the next time your on the way to the fridge you can say to yourself no remember ive been here before and won, now having it happy now.

and keep moving forward, my favourite quote of the moment is:

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!

Back