Hi new CDers

Aww thanks hun! You have cheered me up!!

I know You are right about all those points!! Just need to get myself motivated for this upcoming week.... My CDC said to drink more water than the 3 to 4 litres that I have been :-/ I feel like I'm bursting with water all the time anyway lol... Will give it a go and see how it works out! x

Im starting on monday! So excited!xx

Hello :) I started CD last Wed because i'm going on holiday (in 2 weeks!!! so not long enough to lose enough weight :( )

Help experienced cambridgers! - i'm 5ft 5 + 13st, how much weight do you think I will lose in 2 weeks? I'm just having the 3 shakes a day + also exercising everyday?

Also, I just read a thread about drinks + it mentions nothing about green tea + white tea (i've been drinking clipper white tea which you have without milk), which I thought were okay?

Steph x

Hi blue star the weight loss is different for everyone I'm led to believe but if u stick with it no cheating then ur looking at 5 maybe 6lbs the first week then the same the next as for drinking teas and coffees as long as black no milk or even with just the red top milk u will still lose weight and remember to drink lots of water u will be fine it's a rapid weight loss the more weight u have to lose. Good luck x

Hello treeza :) Thanks for your reply I was worried about the drinks for a little while!

Weighed myself this morning + there had been no change... but keeping my hopes high! x

Hello all, I started on the Cambridge on tuesday this week. It hasnt been great as i realised i really didnt most of the sachets (only maple and peacan porridge). I contacted my consutant and she very kindly swapped them for the bars. I know you are not suppsed to have them in the first 2 weeks and after that only one a day, but i dont want to quit as i like the strictness of the diet. This week because my consultant couldn't swap them until Friday pm i have been very empty! I have had a some tuna and cucumber in vinegar in the evenings and been consuming LOTS of water. I slipped last night as i had some pizza (my daughter had a sleep over so i got them papa johns, it smelt tooo good). I did feel pretty rubbish after with a sore tummy. I have my first weigh in on monday evening, hopefully i have still lost and not dne too much damage with the pizza and the very low calorie consumption in the week.
I am keeping everything crossed xxx

Hi this is my first post! I'm starting CD Tom - I have been advised to follow step 3 (1000kcal) is anyone doing this plan? How are you getting on? What weight losses can be expected?
Thanks

Hello Everyone! This is my first every post on this forum. I started SS for the first time today. I'm 14st 5lbs, I'm trying to lose as much as possible for the beginning September, but over all I think I need to get down to around 10 1/2 stone.

I think for my 1st day, its going ok so far :D

Just finished week 1, and lost 10lbs! So happy I stuck with the hard times and worked through it!
Very happy!xx

10lbs in a week! That's brilliant! I'm hoping for a big loss this weeks lol. I'm only on my second day and I haven't really felt hungry yet, but I was craving sweeties last night, I did manage to keep from eating them though :D

Hey all, back on CD from today....still have 2 stone to lose :-( grrrrrr

Don't worry chick u will get there I'm still trying to get in touch with my consultant haven't seen her in over a month she's not replying to my texts or calls so am going to have to find another so I can get back on it need to shift this stone and a half good luck :) xx

I just had my first weigh in I lost 5lb. Its not GREAT but I'm still very pleased.

I have a question though. I've not been hungry all week, and I haven't had any headaches or been tired, but today (7th day on the SS). I have a stinking headache. is that normal? I'm not too worried will just take a some painkillers, but I don't normally get headaches lol

Hi, I am starting soul source tomorrow. Im a little worried I'm not going to like the taste of any of the products but hopefully I'll be okay. I've read somewhere that you can't do exercise on souls source but I don't want my gym membership to be wasted, would I be okay with swimming? Or should I just take this oppertunity to chill in the jacuzzi and sauna for the next couple of months lol

Hi Veggiebabe, re the exercise I think it depends on your level of activity before you start on the diet. If you did no exercise at all then it is best to wait a couple weeks so that your body can get used to the diet before you introduce mild exercise. If you were pretty active before the diet then you can continue to exercise but just tone it down whilst your body adapts and listen to your body - if you feel dizzy, weak, unstable then stop - remember to drink plenty of water as well.
There is an entire thread on here dedicated to exercise which is quite informative! Hope this helps.
S

Thank you! Yeaa I actually came across the thread after I had posted on here and felt silly lol I was going the gym about twice a week so not very active. I'll just take a break for 2 weeks and then get back on it. Thanks again :)

Hi guys. Ive been doing this for 5 weeks today now and have lost 2 stone so far. I thought it would be a bit faster as I started at 18.8 and Im male but Im grateful!

I did CD 2 years ago but didnt make it to anywhere near goal, but put another 1 stone so hoping to do it this time!

Last edited:
Hi all.
I am hopefully starting Tomorrow!
Been good (ish) since Thursday to try and get myself in the right place to start .. I too am going to SS for as long as I can but if not then will be doing the 1000 Cal (Step 3) as the kids are on school holidays for 6 weeks and As I can't always make my shakes as we are going out I think that might be a good step for me.

Anyone know how many pints you need to drink is it 4?

Really thinking to myself that this time is the LAST time I will be losing weight - it has to be!!!

Good luck everyone starting and all who are in the first few weeks!
Look forward to seeing everyone's journey xx

Back