Hi, new here - its all so quiet.......

iaimtobethin

Silver Member
HI, i am new to the RC forum. Joined tonight having been with SW for 18 months and have been loosing about 10 pounds on and off. Love the SW diet cos u can eat so much but it just wasnt working for me.

Needed to do something a bit more strict as i need to loose weight fast for my wedding in September. (want to loose at least 2 stone) So here goes - god i am gonna ache in the morning, i have exercised in about 3 years. Unless u count doing the school run twice a day. ;)

The RC forum is so quiet compared to SW - lots of non stop updates on there - come on peeps share the recipies, love etc and happy slimming.

Right off to have a good look round.
x

Hello - this is my first week too.. I did WW before but when I tried to go back after having my son, I just couldn't get my head around the new plan so decided to try something different. I am finding the diet ok - I have my first WI tomorrow sooooo looking forward to it. I am doing the aerobic class after too.. what fitness class do you do after?

OOH anything going, just aerobics so far but Zumba next week :))

OOH come back tell us how you got on. I already feel slimmer (and flamming starving!!)
x

I chose a Zumba class, as I don't like aerobics and find it boring. The Zumba is great - I love the dance moves and all the wiggling is great for the waist and hips!

The hunger does lessen after the first few weeks. Your stomach will get used to smaller portions, especially if you choose the low GI options like Basmati rice. I found the first two weeks on 1200 calories the hardest, but it's been easier on the 1400 calories. Not looking forward to WI on Monday, though, as I'll get my personal calorie allowance and I think it will be less than 1400!

I was the same left Slimming world for rosy c too, 2 years going up and down, but half more by the end of it!

We need to get these boards busier. Welcome and good luck.

Thank you to all - yes how do we get this board busier. SW was full of recipies and hub bub i guess cos they arnt hungry - lol! but think we all need support to bypass the hunger.

Trying so hard to stick with it - even refused a take out 4 times at a friends last night - i took salad, fruit and yogurt to keep me going. I started RC on Wednesday and already today i have seen a loss of 5 pounds - so i am gonna keep going! Maybe when i have lost 2 1/2 stone i might go back to SW but for now Rosemary is the only way. Plus i have payed for premier plus so will keep going if only for the exercise.

Loosing weight feels GREAT!

God i am rambling, but you know what i mean!

x

I wonder if it would help if our forum was on the same level as SW etc, instead of having to drill down another level? It makes it that much harder to find.

I chose a Zumba class, as I don't like aerobics and find it boring. The Zumba is great - I love the dance moves and all the wiggling is great for the waist and hips!

The hunger does lessen after the first few weeks. Your stomach will get used to smaller portions, especially if you choose the low GI options like Basmati rice. I found the first two weeks on 1200 calories the hardest, but it's been easier on the 1400 calories. Not looking forward to WI on Monday, though, as I'll get my personal calorie allowance and I think it will be less than 1400!

You may have a shock I did, went from 1400 to 1650 and thats hard.

Do u still loose consistenly on the higher amount. I am scared at getting mine, although looking at the back of the book i will get around 1480 - cos i am old! So not much difference.
x

I got bumped up to 1700! I was so worried and convinced myself that I was gonna gain. Been loosing every week. Love rosy c and cant see me going back to sw.

Thats good rebecaa1608. Starving most of the time as seem to save enough for evening meal. Once i have had that i feel a little human again.

Hi all, I started RC on Wednesday. I'm really struggling hungerwise too but I'm holding out so far! I think I just need to organise my calories more as my lunch today and yesterday were quite high so that didn't leave anything for power snacks.

This is definitely quite quiet on here!

Reckon we are all a bit shy - or starving! :eek:

I plan meals based on veggies first then add the calories afterwards. Fish is far better value for calories than meat, if you like fish of course.....

Going into my second weekm I am still starving most of the time, but i feel great that at last i am finally loosing weight towards my Wedding. Keep thinking about the reason why you want to loose weight and i find its getting a little teeny bit easier.

Right off to make dinner - huge stir fry me thinks!

x

Just posted on wrong thread I think!! I think the reason I'm so hungry is because I'm not having enough calories so I need to check that today and sort it out! I'm vegetarian and don't eat fish either.

I'm wanting to give this a go but have no classes in my area and cannot really afford to pay the online fees. My mum gave me her GI hip and thigh diet booklet that she got free from a magazine so have been using that as my guide. The thing is i'm realllllly struggling with the low cals. I caved big time yesterday and we ended up having a take out:(. My mum thinks that as i have just under a stone left to loose i should maybe go straight to phase 2 and include my treats but obviously with no class leader to ask i'm unsure what to do. Any ideas please:)

Hi girls. I've done every diet u can think of! Most recently SW but was going nowhere fast! Was maintaining after loosing 7 lb but really wanted to shift heck of a lot more - I did RC last year for 7 weeks and lost 10lbs .... Had to have an operation and kinda stopped going after the procedure! Gutted as I gained most of the weight after we had a weeks holiday to recover from my op! So I weigh in SW but do the RC calorie count plan as it's far more structured and my weight loses are much better! I feel like standing up in class and saying 'look guys I'm not doing SW I'm on RC plan ' but once my 6 week countdown has ended I'm not going back but will join a RC class! Whatever class I go to to weigh I'm following RC and it works..... Takes a few weeks to get used to the smaller portions but ull get there....

savvymummy81 said:
I'm wanting to give this a go but have no classes in my area and cannot really afford to pay the online fees. My mum gave me her GI hip and thigh diet booklet that she got free from a magazine so have been using that as my guide. The thing is i'm realllllly struggling with the low cals. I caved big time yesterday and we ended up having a take out:(. My mum thinks that as i have just under a stone left to loose i should maybe go straight to phase 2 and include my treats but obviously with no class leader to ask i'm unsure what to do. Any ideas please:)

Stick with it, you will be ok. Sounds like a good idea to jump to phase 2, might help you stick with it too.

Don't need the classes you have us. Ask anything you want and it seems to get better answers here, that ay class. Good lichen, although I'm sure you won't need it. :)

Back