Hi new here!!

Lozzaboo2004

Hey everyone just thought I'd introduce myself!! I started atkins last tuesday. I weighed in today and have lost 4lb. I don't have a massive amount to lose so not sure what my weight loss will be like weekly. I usually live on carbs and sugars so this is a massive change for me. I started at about 153lbs and I'm 5ft 3. Ideally want down to about 133lbs. Anyone else similar? How r u all finding it xx

Hiya!

I'm around the same weight now having lost about 4 stone on Atkins last year. I'm in maintenance mode temporarily but you can still expect a 1 - 2lb weekly loss after the first week - though it's common to stall in the 2nd or 3rd week.

Well done on your 4lb so far!

Aw thank you. Was doing so well but had a blip yesterday and it shouldn't even have happened. I guess I kinda bowed down to peer pressure. So annoyed with myself and won't be happening again going to try even harder now! I think some people don't want to see u lose weight!! Xx

Hi,

I also started last week and am down 4lbs in 6 days... Well done on your weight loss, it's always such a good feeling! :)
I don't know about you but I find that it's harder whilst at work (we have no where to heat anything up) so am living on cold meat and salad which is starting to become tedious.

Would love to know how you're coping and what your plans are? :)

Oh well done you!! That's a nightmare about your work. I work shifts- early, late and nights. I'm trying to forward plan my meals as that makes me stick to it better. I'll be totally honest. I am a carb and sweet addict. I done so well and then on sat night my boyfriend talked me into having some chips and a burger bun. Worst choice ever. I didn't really want them and tasted them and realised how much I didn't miss them so I'm back on track now. I know I'll have stalled this week tho but that's my fault. Also noticed some errors in my diet that I'm fixing so hoping next week I see a good loss! Xxx

I work shifts too, the nights are the easiest as eat before work, it's the sleep ins that kill me. Start at 1530 right through to 1430 the next day. That's a lot of food i have to plan and take with me! I tend to have a shake and baby bell for breakfast the next part of my shift as no time to cook anything up.
I've been looking at the menu ideas and got a few ideas now

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow, that's a crazy shift! I've found some thermos food flasks that have a wider rim so are good for soups & curries& stews etc. They keep food warm too if you don't have a microwave.

Hey everyone just thought I'd introduce myself!! I started atkins last tuesday. I weighed in today and have lost 4lb. I don't have a massive amount to lose so not sure what my weight loss will be like weekly. I usually live on carbs and sugars so this is a massive change for me. I started at about 153lbs and I'm 5ft 3. Ideally want down to about 133lbs. Anyone else similar? How r u all finding it xx
Hi
I'm about the same height and weight as you. I did 5 weeks earlier in the year but then kind of stopped as i didn't see the results as fast as i'd have liked to. I'm back now and would love to lose a stone or so.
Good luck!

Hey! I'm debating starting but I'm trying to get my head around it. I've dabbled in SW/WW before but I really hate carbs..I know that sounds bizarre but I despise pasta and rice, I only eat toast occasionally when it's convenient. So I thought Atkins sounds the best for me but weighing the veg in cups isn't making sense to me! For peppers/onion etc. Do you have a food diary? I'd love to have a look :)

Cups are an American thing. Personally I stick to the list of allowed vegetables and weigh them before using, that way I know how many carbs I'm eating. I use the my fitness pal app to look up foods and plan menus, and it counts my carbs for me.

Hi everyone!

How's everyone's week been?
Lozzaboo, well done for getting back on it, I'm the same, huge carb fan and i'm addicted to all the naughty things. I'm still finding it hard when I have a sweet craving, so I've been buying those small pot of sugar free jelly and I don't know if anyone is familiar with Pintrest? But they have some amazing ideas and recipes for all things sweet as well as savory!

I've also found that eating last nights leftovers have been a godsend, also little packs of flavoured chicken slices, steak slices, cheestrings etc you can get them pretty cheap if they're on offer. You just need to check the back of the packaging for the carb value. Sainsbury's are doing 3 packs for £6 at the mo and they're so easy to throw onto a ready made salad.

I'm not too keen on these but my mum is doing LC also and she is obsessed with 24 DELI Ham wrapped around British Chedder pieces. You can get them in packs of 3 for £1 and they're easy to grab on the go.

Tonight I'm having homemade burgers (without the bun) wrapped with a lettuce leaf, we've put some mozzarella and roasted pepper inside.

Let me know how you guys are getting on :)

Struggling here. Had very bad carb craving last night so I had bowl porridge with cream and it was like manna to me. Not too bad it has about 20g carbs. Not allowed but I dont mind cos its better than a litre of ben & jerrys which is what i really wanted.
I am finding that I am hungry unless I eat about 1600-1900 cals. Thats way too much as I need to loose 1-2 stone, well 1 def.

1600 isn't way too much at all - I lose best eating around 1700 a day, sometimes more. The lower carb you eat the less you need to count calories, and on Atkins it's important that the majority of your calories come from fat.

If you get a carb craving, eat something but really try not to eat something carby. Porridge might fill a short term craving but long term it will mean your body takes longer to get into ketosis and will make your carb cravings worse. In future if you crave carbs go and eat some filling protein, like a cheese omelette, instead. Then you'll likely to be too full to eat carbs. Or make a low carb substitution and have porridge made with flax meal instead.

Thank you Moonlight, I followed your advice last night when I got a craving and I ate a chicken fillet fried in oil with garlic-delicious. It didn't quite 'do it' for me but I still didn't give in and reach for carbs, so this morning I feel good about that.

Also I have always found that porridge does not keep me going, in fact I get ravenous about 2 hours after eating porridge and others say it keeps them going for hours.... its abviously the carbs that affect me so badly.

My mission today is lots fat and protein.

Oh Im not back on it yet! Full of good intentions then hadnt been to the shops. Looked at myself in the mirror today and im disgusted so starting again on Monday. I am nightshift all weekend and was going to start but then thought I would feel rubbish enough being nightshift never mind carb withdrawal also. Will get to shops and by all my supplies then stick with it. thinking of doing a daily diary with what I eat and how im feeling etc. See if it helps me and anyone else. What do you think??

Back