Hi There - giving Atkins a shot!

reluctant_whale

Hi There,

Have been reading this forum for weeks while doing weight watchers and wondering if I could take the plunge to Atkins. Have read the book cover to cover and while I was on WW I was salivating just thinking about adding butter to a steak or eating some CHEESE :)
So anyway, I am in day 2 of induction. How naughty did I feel frying my omlette in butter this morning ... ohhh and as for my lunch time garlic mushrooms with butter and cream ... ohhhhh ! I knew I would love it! Difficult getting my head around the "fat" aspect after weeks of weighing a tea spoon of mayo .. but boy, is it good! I think it is right what it says on the back of the books "The food lovers diet" too right ...

RW x

Hi and welcome RW. Isn't it great eating this way and real mayo!!

Enjoy and shout if you have any questions:)

Last edited:
Hiya and welcome in....is nice and warm in here :D

Atkins is great, the best 'diet' that i've ever been on. Still trying to get my head around the fats thing myself, it's quite amazing but i'm losing a steady 2lbs a week and eating an awful lot of 'evil fats' like full fat mayonnaise, double cream, butter and lard. Everything is so yummy, and i couldn't feel better right now!

Hi and welcome :)
I have to say like the other ladies this is the best way of eating and losing weight ever :D
Good luck on your journey!

:)Welcome aboard!

Hi and welcome. Also new to Atkins just finishing my second week and I've really enjoyed being on this diet. It is definitely right you do lose your cravings as this has happened this second week also I have so much more energy and then you start to notice how much better everything tastes, great side effects of the diet :)

Back