Hi there, I am new to this site.

spyda

Hi there, i just wanted to say hi to you all, and let you know that i am on day 2 of the gastric Band pre op diet,. I am really struggling and feel hungry all the time. I wake up thinking about food and I go to bed thinking about food. What can I do ??:cry:I am having my Gastric Band fitted on 25th April at The Dolan Hospital. can anyone tell me about their experiences, at this hospital. Many thanks,
spyda :read:

Hi!!
I am new too, but not as far advanced with things as you, i have only just received funding from my local PCT and am awaiting an appointment at Birmingham hospital to come through. Can you tell me how long it took from your initial appointment with your hospital to them setting a date of the op?? And y did you choose the gastric band rather than by-pass, did you look at both options??
Sorry to hear you are struggling with the pre-op diet, but think of what you will achieve after you have the op, i know thats easy for me to say as im not doing the pre-op diet yet! But, day 2 and nearly day 3 - a day at a time and soon you will be there, and if you remember all them diets you must have tried in the past like me were always worse day 2-3 - take care, stay in touch and let me know how it all goes as it would be great to hear your experiences, good and bad xxxBig Love!!

Hi and welcome, i don't really know much about weighloss surgery and the pre op diet to advise however stick with it hun, just think of the results!!! xxx

Thanks for the kind remarks and support. My consultation was on the 29th March and they initially offerred me the surgery date of 15th April. This didnt give me emough time to get the money together so they then offered me the 25th April for the surgery and thats the day my new life begins. It seems like the day of the consultation, they offer you a date. I asked for one as soon as possible, and "hey presto" I decided on the 25th. This gave me time, also to start the liquid diet, after I had a couple of weeks to have lots of good few meals beforehand !

Hi spyda, hang in there. It'll be worth it in the end.

I am sitting here, watching the clock go round, because at 3 am, I have to leave to get to Bromsgrove for 7am. I am having the Gastric band fitted at some point, during the morning, and I am feeling nervous as well as excited. I am having my last Diet coke:cry:before the 'Nil by Mouth' comes into force, so I will talk to you all soon. x

i know its tough doing the pre-op i have a friend that tryed it , but be careful and try and stick to it as best you can as it makes teh operation run more smoothly .. x

Back