Hi there, just starting out

chris78290

Hi all, Chris here, 24, need to lose weight to pass the medical for the Navy.

New starter on Lighter Life - Day 3 now, felt a little hungry this afternoon - no real side effects to be honest.

I do have a craving for Subway Oatmeal and Raisin cookies though.

Anyway, thought i'd say hello.

Hi Chris and welcome to minimin and LL. Stick with it, after the first few days you will be flying.

Kat

Hiya bud, you can't
go wrong with this diet and lifestyle change
we'll support you through thick and thin, and like yourself
I'm doing it for my medical for the RAF
and welcome to the forum

How much do you both want to lose for your medicals? DO you have your medicals booked?

Kat

I need to lose 20lbs for my medical but that is to get to the very maximum weight they will allow. In order to succeed in training I want to lose another 2 stone after that.

I don't have a set date for it but my target is to do it by the start of November.

Cheers for the welcome guys and girls, been reading through all the threads, some useful tips to be found.

Hi Chris and welcome to the best support forum you'll find!!

Good luck with your weight loss and your Navy Medical! (I failed mine 27 years ago due to herniated discs :( )

hi there
welcome and good luck!
daisy x

Welcome and good luck! You have such specific goals I'm sure you'll do well. :)

Welcome Chris
You have a very good motivating reason for losing your weight. I'm sure it will help you through the first few difficult days.
Kenshin, good luck with the RAF.
My father was in the RAF. We had a very interesting life because of it. We lived in various countries we would never have gone to otherwise. It can be a good life. :character00255:

Hi Chris, and welcome!

I think it's great you are doing this for your career ~ and Kenshin too!

Hope you keep us updated. :)

Hi Chris (& Ken), welcome to LL and the Minimins boards

Good to have a few more chaps about (assuming you are of course)!!

Hi Chris (& Ken), welcome to LL and the Minimins boards

Good to have a few more chaps about (assuming you are of course)!!

Certainly am, think there tends to be a feeling amongst men that they must laugh at organised diets because its not brash and manly enough - i'm glad Lighter Life provides a diet designed for men who don't think that way and just want to better themselves.

Day 4 today, not feeling so hungry and feeling a bit more energetic, hopefully this is ketosis starting to kick in.

Welcome Chris, good to have you here!
If you've made it to day 4 already then you're through the roughest parts, once you get one week done you start flying through this!

hey chris how you getting on bud? when you planing to do the navy medical?

btw pete how you feeling now mate? you restarted LL again now

Last edited:
Welcome to MM CHris, and good luck with your diet - great goal to aim for. :)

About the RAF - my hubby was in the RAF and that was a blessing. Now he REFUSES to let me do his ironing!! :D Aww, shame. :D :D

(Apparently, no one can iron as good as someone who learnt to iron in the forces) Fine by me!! :giggle:

ANyway, I digress - all good luck to you! The guys will appreciate another man here as they are slighlty outnumbered - thuogh most men don;t usually seem to mind that. :D

BL said:
The guys will appreciate another man here as they are slighlty outnumbered - though most men don't usually seem to mind that. :D

Damn straight! lol
TBH It's actually nice to not have the place filled with all the macho-BS you get in groups of guys (in my experience anyway). Plus I'm used to it; where I work there are 6 guys and about 80 women! :cool:

On a side note, with the increasing number of blokes on here, does that make the one with the most posts the alpha male? :p:p:p

Lol alpha male :)

In your dreams Pete!!

Back