Highest Syns Ever!!!!

Chuffy_29

Bring it on!
I fancied something different for lunch and had a tin of greek stuffed vine leaves. I was on a green day so thought this shouldn't be too high in syns...how wrong i was! I would have normally had the whole tin, which came to a whopping 131.5 syns! Needless to say i thought that was a bit much, so had a corn on the cob instead!! Anyone else found anything ridiculously high in syns they thought would be ok?

How is that so?? Where they in oil and was it taking into account all the oil in the tin?

The biggest culprits I find are ready made salads and sandwiches from the supermarkets, they are silly syn value due to all the mayo normally!

Wow... LOL thats more than a weeks worth!

Before starting SW I always had the nachos when me and hubby went to Wetherspoons- he always had a burger and chips so I thought I was doing quite good. Turns out Nachos from Wetherspoons are 65 syns per serving *faints* (burger and chips was about 45 so would have been better with that!
xxxxx

Before starting SW I always had the nachos when me and hubby went to Wetherspoons- he always had a burger and chips so I thought I was doing quite good. Turns out Nachos from Wetherspoons are 65 syns per serving *faints* (burger and chips was about 45 so would have been better with that!
xxxxx
I would have gone with the nachos too....shows what i know. The vine leaves were tineed and i guess with oil, but i've not opened them so i'll not know for sure and my greek isn't good enough to be certain. not sure if supermarket ones would be better as they are kept in oil too. i should make my own, then they would be free on green!

I would have gone with the nachos too....shows what i know. The vine leaves were tineed and i guess with oil, but i've not opened them so i'll not know for sure and my greek isn't good enough to be certain. not sure if supermarket ones would be better as they are kept in oil too. i should make my own, then they would be free on green!
Gutted about that because I love stuffed vine leaves.......M&S ones not bad though!

Marks & Spencer Stuffed Vine Leaves, 6 pack, chilled, 37.5g each (1.5 syns on both plans)
javascript:__doPostBack('SynsSearch1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDOriginal','') javascript:__doPostBack('SynsSearch1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDGreen','')Greek Restaurants Stuffed Vine Leaves, average portion, 250g serving (21 syns on both plans) javascript:__doPostBack('SynsSearch1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDOriginal','') javascript:__doPostBack('SynsSearch1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDGreen','') javascript:__doPostBack('SynsSearch1$GridView_Products$ctl04$LBADDOriginal','')

Gutted about that because I love stuffed vine leaves.......M&S ones not bad though!

Marks & Spencer Stuffed Vine Leaves, 6 pack, chilled, 37.5g each (1.5 syns on both plans)
Greek Restaurants Stuffed Vine Leaves, average portion, 250g serving (21 syns on both plans)
M&S seem most reasonable! Might give those a go from time to time as i really like them as a lunch. I love greek food!

OMG i can't believe that!! I made a quiche at easter that turned out to be 40 syns per quarter! I ate two pieces!!!!! Needless to say I gained that week.

I was out with my OH and he wanted Burger King... we were going to be out all day and we were both starving, so I had it (with a diet coke mind you! LOL!) I figured it was mostly meaty, and flame grilled at that, so wouldn't be too bad... turned out I'd had something like 41.5 syns and there wasn't even that much food. I was stunned.

I did WW before I came to the SW diet....and I always used to able to count cook in sauces in their points system, so I made a curry most weeks (which I love) but since coming to SW I have noticed that the cooks sauces are high in syns, so I got the SW curry recipe book off Ebay and I am going to start cooking curries from scratch now, can't be doing without my curry 'fix'...

Most cook in sauces are full of oil, or cream or salt. Whether your're slimming or maintaining or have never needed to slim (lucky you!) it's always best to try and cook fresh, then you know exactly what is going into your body :D

Back