Hints to cope with a working lunch...Please!!

hope70

Hi all
On Monday I am on a work away day, very nicely being held at Souhwark Cathedral. Lunch is provided and seen as an opportunity to develop relationships across the teams. We will have a task to complete over lunch.
I work in the mental health/psychiatry field so not your normal bunch!! I really do not want my colleagues to know what I am doing and yet I do not want to come off Lipotrim for one lunch. If I was going to do that it would have to be a romantic dinner with my husband!
I really am stuck with how to manage this. It has been on my mind so thought I'd ask if you have any suggestions.
Thanks

Hmm... how about saying you have a dodgy tummy and don't want to risk upsetting it further?

Alternatively just say you're not too hungry and have a small piece of protein...

Good luck whatever you decide! :)

dodgy tummy sounds good, and believable as I am on the toilet so much!! Also my husband has a tummy bug at the moment.

Thanks

There you go, perfect excuse... you could say you got a stomach bug from hubby! And of course all the loo trips due to water make it even more believable!

Good luck with the lunch. You could have a plate with a little on it and push it to one side and if anyone asks just say you have a bug! I went to a barbeque in the summer where only the family knew what I was doing and I put food on a plate then the children took a bit as they passed! They loved the slyness of it and no-one sussed what was going on!

x

clever, shame my 3 and 5 year olds won't be there!!

deffo go with the tummy bug idea! lol

I am going on a girly lunch to pizza express next week. Thankfully they all know i am on a diet and will be there, drinking water! LOL

Small shaker cup with your shake or a bar won't hurt? Could say it is a protein bar or shake, loads of peeps use these as meal replacements nowadays...don't they?

HI everyone
Thanks for all your help. I DID IT!!!!
Loads of sandwiches and cakes were brought out. I excused myself, went to the toilet, which was quite a way away. Popped outside, had a shake. Returned to a different table. I did not need to say a word! All that anxiety about nothing.
Thanks for your help though!
14 days done with no cheating!!! So pleased with myself!

Back