Hips of doom have got to go!

What are pickled chilli onions? That looks like my sort of meal, and guaranteed to lose lbs.

What are pickled chilli onions? That looks like my sort of meal, and guaranteed to lose lbs.

They're from waitrose. A bit funky actually but bet there are better ones out there.

I have put on weight. What the hell is going on? Been 100% for 5 days so I'd expect a slight shift down, but nope gained 1lb. Really cross. Really really cross. I'm now 1lb away from 15 stone - a weight I was determined not to reach again. Keep trying to reassure myself by thinking I'm being healthy etc but need it to go so it takes pressure of my Achilles. Hate it when you actually try and nothing happens. Worked better when I was eating crap! I haven't even had huge portions like I usually would. Moderate sw not all syns 100% food. Grrrrrrr. Nothing will placate me, just downright irritating. Sts I can even vaguely understand but on ON?!!!

I am furious on your behalf. Water retention? TOTM? Na, you'd have said. All I can suggest is drink lots of water and MAYBE your portion control was too strict? You know the issues with dropping down too low and going into famine metabolism.

Otherwise, perhaps I could gently suggest that maybe your scale addiction needs looking at? Speaking as one who was at one time checking the scales everytime I went upstairs, not even just when I visited the bathroom so I've done that, got the tee shirt, worn it out and got another. All I can say is that since my scales broke I've been happier about wating till official WI day.

You know how weight can fluctuate, be patient, drink lots, eat good food, and enjoy the retro disco and wait till Monday X

I am furious on your behalf. Water retention? TOTM? Na, you'd have said. All I can suggest is drink lots of water and MAYBE your portion control was too strict? You know the issues with dropping down too low and going into famine metabolism. Otherwise, perhaps I could gently suggest that maybe your scale addiction needs looking at? Speaking as one who was at one time checking the scales everytime I went upstairs, not even just when I visited the bathroom so I've done that, got the tee shirt, worn it out and got another. All I can say is that since my scales broke I've been happier about wating till official WI day. You know how weight can fluctuate, be patient, drink lots, eat good food, and enjoy the retro disco and wait till Monday X

You're right and I will wait and see. I feel good and I'm surprised that's almost why I'm more peed off. I am now down to weighing every other day or so but may get d to hide them and only allow a weekly weigh

You're right and I will wait and see. I feel good and I'm surprised that's almost why I'm more peed off. I am now down to weighing every other day or so but may get d to hide them and only allow a weekly weigh

Back from boat trip. Eat some of the buffet. I had a reaction to something which stopped me eating more, but had vino (lots), then eat a chocolate bar and crisps in the hotel but I enjoyed them. This am tried to eat a croissant but it was horrid so left it and had late lunch of cheese panini (yep wildly off plan). Now I'm home I'm back on it. Pasta with mushrooms, chilli and garlic for dinner. Quark with something for pud. Making a quiche thing as I type for lunch tomorrow. Ready to go back on it. No regrets re the days off. Weigh in tomorrow : we shall see. I was one on so I'm hoping for sts at the worst even though I was greedy.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Ok ... Drumroll please (little very light one!)...... 1 lb off. Although I'm not on target with the weekend and my bloated ness, that's ok

Today: Bircher muesli a la Michelle - b
Quiche thing with eggs, cottage cheese, shallots, courgettes, peppers

No idea re dinner yet but fancied dhansak. Will see whether I can get some ingredients

Told you not to worry :p Well done.

Ok so back on track if a little syn heavy. Wore a pedometer for part of the day to open my eyes about how few steps I do in my office job. It made me get up more. Tomorrow I will wear it and walk to town to see the difference.

Oats, apple, milk. Yog (b,a)
Crisps (4.5)
Quiche
Quorn fillets
3 Everton mints (4.5)
Veg dhansak (yumyumyum), rice, 2 poppadums (5)
Quark, 1 tbsp Nutella (4), half banana.

3 syns over so 12 max tomorrow.

Did the 7 minute workout.

Phew stuffed with curry. Took ages to cook but was worth it and will make it again soon. Bought double ingredients so it's all there ready.

In thoughtful mood tonight but very sleepy so those thoughts will soon turn to dreams! Night.

Tuesday

Oats 2b, yog, milk, half banana, apple, grapes, 1 tsp sugar (1)
Quorn roast fillets
Spanish omelette
Shortbread biccie (2.5)
Everton mint (1.5)
Leftover dhansak
Quark, half banana, Nutella (4)

Lots of squash

Not bad, am back into it ok after the weekend. Lots of fruit and veg.

Did 7 min workout again. Will do some steps later

How are you doing today? Remembering the dream of warm breezes caressing your tummy? They will be able to because you will be feeling OK about wearing a bikini. Yeah, go for it!!!

How are you doing today? Remembering the dream of warm breezes caressing your tummy? They will be able to because you will be feeling OK about wearing a bikini. Yeah, go for it!!!

Feeling G.O.O.D today thanks. I feel quite angelic.

Oats (2b), apple, banana, grapes, yog & milk (2a) sugar (1)
Pasta salad with boiled eggs, salad, roasted veg, chilli sauce (4)
Quorn roast fillets
Cherries
3 Everton mints (4.5)
Just cooking:
Veg mince with pepper, courgette, mushrooms, tinned toms, kidney beans
Quark, Nutella (4)

Walked to town and back (40 mins walking - will count steps Friday)
Just walked around the neighbourhood and did 2700 steps.

Step aim : 7500 per day working up to 12500 by hols. This is tough as I sit down most of the day but I can do it.

No 7 min workout yet and unlikely as won't be eating for a while. Actually, no, I will do it now!!!

Fried egg Sanger with ketchup and mustard (1b)
Jacket pot with cheese and beans (2a + (guess) 8 syns-why use so much I want lots of beans and a sprinkling of cheese to jazz it up). A waste of syns - nice though
Cereal bar (b)
Banana
Apple
Coronation quorn - fry lighted quorn and onions with grapes, toms, apple, banana, yog and curry powder and rice

I'm aware there's not enough veg here and need to do another shop tomorrow to get some stir fry bits and raw carrots.

Walked to town and back. Drove to s essex. Walked when got home. Did 7 min workout. Altogether did at least 7000 steps today. Pedometer not accurate and keeps zeroing and I don't wear it at home so probably done more. Not bad for a desk jockey!

Tempted today while also wanting to be thin?! What is that about?

Oats, banana, apple, grapes, yog, 1 tsp lemon curd (1)
Lunch was last nights dinner
Strawbs
Onken fat free apple and mango
Apple

Dinner I think I may have stir fry with Asda veggie pieces.

Only 1a today as so much cheese on that jacket. Not sure of treats- probably the usual quark and Nutella. Love it.

Tomorrow I'm at the oval so got to decide whether to make a picnic with what's in the house (pesto pasta?) or chance it. We shall see as I should see my nan after work so won't be home til late

Mx

Well off to london today to the oval but had to drop in to say ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Had a weigh to see how things were going (to keep me pressing on when I'm off out) only to find I'm heavier -2.5 lbs heavier. A half fair enough but if you consider I'm meant to be losing, this is a lot. 1lb first week and now this make me think it's stopped working for me. Each time I do sw the losses get smaller. If there is no loss on monday then I'm doing it my way. I'm not even having huge portions or 'tweaking'. I am doing it as instructed 100% and it's a struggle to lose the smallest amounts. I've exercised every day too, but not high impact so it won't be water retention around my joints. Honestly, it's crazy - and depressing as I'm heavier now than when I started 2 weeks ago. How is that a good weight loss plan? What's particularly galling is that this attempt was for a specific reason - my hols - and I've lost 2 weeks of that so I will have to be mega strict for 5 weeks to get anywhere near what I wanted to be. It makes me feel guilty to eat breakfast as anything in my bod will tip me into the 15s and that's what I wanted to stop - going to the next stone.

Frankly, it's rubbish. Seems with sw the more you do it the less effective it is ...

How's it going Mal?

The death knell sounded for sw yesterday as I put on 2.5. Honestly what is going on?! So, decided, with 2 weeks down and heavier than I started to up exercise and eat less in the old fashioned way.

That's crazy :( Wishing you well for doing it the old fashioned way. You were losing weren't you, when you were having non SW snacks but just having less. Just do lots of swimming and more swimming on the hol and you'll probably come back lighter. It's a nice thought anyway.

That's crazy :( Wishing you well for doing it the old fashioned way. You were losing weren't you, when you were having non SW snacks but just having less. Just do lots of swimming and more swimming on the hol and you'll probably come back lighter. It's a nice thought anyway.

I like that thought a lot! I'm doing ok, holding steady. Weigh in monday so we will see.

Fingers crossed for Monday X

Back