HLV's Food Diary

Hello hun!!!

How brilliant to see you!!! A few recongnised faces popping in today!!

Well done for the job, only putting on 5lbs and coming back on here. By the sounds of things in the long run losing the bf was a positive too!! Im very sorry about the piggys!! Poor you!!

Still I'm so glad to see you back!! Missed you :D xx

Thank you, I've missed you too!

Things are definitely better in the long run, plus I have a date on Friday anyway, so I want to slim down a wee bit before then

Not too bad Jim, been so busy since I started work!

Thanks Pesty, will update how it goes :)

So, food for today

Breakfast - cereal bar (B)
Lunch - Spicy couscous (1), cucumber and spring onion
Dinner - veggie meatballs, pasta and tomato vegetable sauce (B)
Pudding - coconut rice pud (A)
Drinks - Tea (A) and diet pop

Still have 14 syns left, might save them up for pie

Thanks Pesty. Today has been great so far

Breakfast - clementines
Lunch - ainsley dal and jacket potato
Dinner - will be a mushroom and ale pie (22 syns) with lots of superfree I imagine! I didn't have my syns yesterday as I decided to save them for pie

Drinks - diet pop and tea (A)

Will have a cereal bar soon and maybe some wholemeal bread later on for my Bs

You use to have Dal and i use to promise myself i would try it one day!! Still havent got round to it tho, in all honesty i completely forgot!!

I will have to have some on an EE day at the weekend!!

How you finding being back? xx

Mmmmm. I love dahl.
But I prefer the really easy microwave one - with spinach - rather than the packet. It's yummy.

Have you got that recipe? (either of you?)

I'm finding it so easy being back, I forgot just how much I can eat. I'm having far more food than I have been! My skin is clearing up too!

Ah Pesty, you must try dal! The ainsley one is pretty good but if you ever have syns left for an Indian takeaway you must try a tarka dal! They don't usually use much oil so its one of the healthier options and its so good.

Jim, I haven't! Recipe please! Sounds like something I could throw together for work.

I didn't have pie last night, we decided because its weigh day today that we would have it tonight instead. So we had a vegetable roast (3 syns) with brown rice cooked with onion, garlic, pepper and mushrooms. It was nom. I had my 2 Bs of wholemeal toast with 8 syns of dark chocolate spread.

Weigh in was this morning. I am 4lb lighter AND I started my period yesterday. Very pleased with the result!

Blimey!! What a good loss!!!! Well done hun!!

I will try Dal i promise!! I love indian takeaway so next time i have one i will make sure i order it!!

I think the pie decision was a good one, you can never be too careful before WI!! xx

Here you are.
Takes hardly any longer than Ainsley, has more SuperSpeed, you know exactly what's in it, and it's completely free. Plus you can adjust the spiciness to your own taste.
What's not to like???

2tbsp water
2 medium onions (finely sliced)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chilli powder and 1 whole chilli (with seeds)
2 bay leaves
2 inch piece cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp salt
6 black peppercorns
frozen leaf spinach (optional)
8oz/225g red lentils
1 1/2pt boiling vegetable stock

Place first 8 ingredients in a large 1.5l microwavable dish, cook on full power stirring once for 4 mins.
Add remaining ingredients & stir well.
Cook on full power for 10 mins, stir and cook for a further 5-8 mins.
Season with salt, pepper or chilli to taste.

Thanks Jim, that looks ace, will give it a go soon

Just had tofu scramble on toast for brunch. I crumbled the tofu in a bowl with turmeric, paprika, garlic granules, pepper and tomato puree. Then I fried chopped onion with cumin seeds, added the tofu with a splash of soy milk and maggi. Heated that through and stirred grated carrot through at the end. Delicious and free!

ForumRunner_20111116_132531.jpg

Back