HLV's Food Diary

^They're great burgers, not too dry and very yummy! I love most veggieburgers though, hoping to make my own tofu burgers this week if my burger press arrives in time!

So I got back from WI with a 1lb loss this week, not pleased as I didn't WI last week either. So, I'm back on the scan bran. My body needs a bloody good shake up so I can start getting some more regular losses. I'm 2 stone 3 lb from target and I wanna be there NOW dammit :p

So today I have had..

1 banana

5 x scan bran (B) with cheeze (2xA) sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, sliced beetroot and 1 tbsp of branston pickle (1 syn)

Lemon and leek risotto (B) with 7 Redwoods thai style 'fish' cakes (7 syns)

Squash, black coffee and sweetener

Syns - 8

Wednesday

I spent all of Tuesday at a vegan shop with a lounge with a friend who was fixing my laptop. Having spent all day there I felt I had to make some purchases..these weren't SW friendly but at least it's the beginning of the week and I can make up the syns

Breakfast - didn't happen!

Lunch - Wholemeal hummus sandwich (2xB) with veggies

Snack - slice of cake (I estimated a good 15 syns) and hot chocolate (3) with soya milk (A)

Dinner - Veggie pasty (20 syns)

Thursday

Lunch - 5 x scan bran (B) with soy cheese (A) cucumber, beetroot, tomato and 1 tbsp branston pickle (1 syn)

Snack - sugar free jelly (0.5 syn)

Dinner - Homemade chickpea and mushroom burgers, mash potato (1/2 A for soy milk and 1 syn for soy butter) peas, carrots, fried onion and gravy (2 syns)

Drinks - water and tea with the rest of my A

Syns - 4.5

Mmmm, chickpea and mushroom burgers, that sounds good. do you have a recipe or make it up as you go along?

Right at the start of your diary you say you did red days too. How did that work? You subbed presumably something ready made for the meats? And you lost?

I was looking at the direct food chicken style chunks that are quite low in fat and thought a red day eating loads of them or similar might be rather good. Or even an EE day. I've not really thought it posible to do anything but green days as a vegan.

Thanks for keeping this diary, you are giving me lots of ideas.

Your day in the vegan shop with a lounge sounds like a nice place to be

Hey Micci,

The burgers were great and I'll be posting the recipe on my blog over the next few days. It's great to have lots of syn free burgers on hand that I can just whip out of the freezer when I haven't got the energy to cook.

I did do a lot of red days a while back and they were really great at boosting my weight loss. I found they required a lot of planning though. Mostly my meals consisted of loads of veg and lots of tofu/mock meats. Pretty much cutting back on the carbs, lentils and beans.

I did lots of things like scrambled tofu, tofu frittata, tofu eggless salad, chilli with soy mince (but without the rice of course) fry ups and fake chicken salads. Roasting butternut squash and carrots helped me feel like I was still getting something 'carby' even though it's superfree on Red. I think I might try 3 days of red next week if I get round to planning it well enough, will probably do the scan bran challenge on the same days because I did find I got hungry doing Red days and scan bran is great for filling you up!

The Realeat chicken pieces are free on Red and Green too, which is great, as are the Frys traditional sausages. Redwoods rashers are only a few syns per pack as well. So there is lots of protein to choose from!

I'm glad this diary is giving you some ideas :D

Vx is a great wee shop and if you're ever about in London I recommend a visit!

Friday

Breakfast - cup of pasta...yes it's a weird one but whatever, it's food.

Lunch - 1 chickpea and mushroom burger, two small jacket potatoes, hummus (B) and salad. 1 tbsp of ketchup (1)

Snack - Another burger in a wholemeal pitta (B) with beetroot, lettuce, tomato and soy cheese (A)

Drinks - water, hot choc (3 syns) with soy milk (A)

Syns - 4

Dinner is going to be something free I dig up in the next ten minutes, wish me luck bloody starving!

Had a stir fry with chicken pieces and wholewheat noodles

I then had chocolate (10 syns)

Syns - 14

Last edited:
Vx eh? It looks great from their facebook site. I'm in London but its quite a distance from me and I've not made it over there yet.

I've been planning some red days too but need to get some shopping in. Like you say, it does need planing, more than usual for a vegan with a cupboard full of lentils and rice.

Oh, I'm starving, I went to look for some fake meat recipes by Bryanna Clarke Grogan but they seem to have all gone and I ended up looking at loads of other stuff that are out of the question for the time being. Early breakfast for me and back to bed.

i hope you found yourself a nice evening meal

Vx is definitely worth the trip, especially if you stay for a while in the lounge for drinks and pastries!

Yeah, I think I'll plan some red days over the next few days. I already have some tofu in and if I get some of those free chicken pieces I'll be all set to go!

Had a great quick meal thanks, too bad I ended the night in chocolate but I'm still within my syns

Saturday

Breakfast - banana

Snack - cup of pasta

Lunch - wholemeal pitta (B) stuffed with a chickpea burger and some soy cheese (A) with salad (cucumber, lettuce, tomato, beetroot)

Dinner - Potato wedges (B for olive oil) sausages, baked beans and grated carrot, 1 tbsp ketchup

Drinks - 20 syns worth of JD and diet coke. Tea with soy milk (A)

Syns - 21

..so I have around 9 syns a day until WI, which is fine

Sunday

Brunch - Jacket potato with baked beans and roasted veg (B for oil)

Snack - 3 krisprolls (B) with soy cheese (1/2 A) and some courgette chutney (1)

Dinner - Lasagne (3 syns + A)

Drinks - diet pop

Syns - 4

Last edited:
I bloody LOVE krisprolls. Seriously amazing!

The last few days have been on plan but I've forgotten all the foody details. Lost 1lb this week at WI and got my 4 stone shiny. Woo! SHINEY!

Todays foods..

3 krisprolls (B) with 1 tbsp courgette chutney (1 syn)

Choco-orange tofu pudding (2 syns to be on the safe side, had a fair bit at taster)

Pasta with a creamy tomato sauce (onion, garlic, chilli, courgette, aubergine, mushroom, fresh tomatoes, passatta, stock and soy cheese (A) )

I've got a big bag of steak flavoured kettle chips (omg totally vegan!) to treat myself with later...I'm hoping I'm a changed woman and won't scoff the whole bag...we'll see...if I eat the whole bag I'll count it in my syns for the week and give myself a good scolding.

Wow. I AM a changed person. For the first time ever, I just had a small bowl of crisps! WOO! I'm not even craving more, think I'll save them as an after WI treat, as I barely eat on weigh day and won't go over my syns having them.

I also had BREAKFAST this morning, so thought I'd start my food diary for the day while I'm feeling positive about it.

So here we go!

Breakfast - 3x Krisprolls (B) with 1 tbsp courgette chutney (1 syn)

Lunch - Pasta with a creamy tomato and veg sauce (A)

Snack - if any, will be weight watchers raspberry jelly (1/2 syn)

Dinner - Going out to a mates tonight, so will either do a quick stir fry with lots of veg and chick'n pieces and rice before I go, or when I'm home (which will be late)

Drinks - tea with soy milk (A), diet pop and squash, coffee with 2 sugars (2 syns)

Syns - 3.5 syns!

I am saving some syns this week as I plan to visit the wonderful Ms Cupcake twice this week as she needs some support at her stalls. She makes the best vegan cupcakes ever!

Last edited:
Veg????

What are you doing even awake this time in the morning?

Is this an imposter? What have you done with my mate???

hahahaha!

I was up at 7.30! I got woken up by a text and couldn't get back to sleep.

At the moment I'm feeling uber positive and like I can take over the world...I'm sure I'll crash by lunchtime :D Luckily I have plenty of time to nap!

You and I are going to have to share the world then, cos I'm taking it on too.

I'm going to be 100% all this week. There will be no excuses for missing my 5 stone shiny next Tuesday! Very positive. Very focussed. Just sitting here eating my magic porridge, and with far too much work to do, but today, I can handle this world business!

Let's do 100% together!

It's the SW 'biggest loser' competition next week. Whoever has lost the most who is in class next week wins. So far I have 2 competitors, someone who has lost 4 stone 1lb and someone who has lost over 5 stone. I have no chance against the 5 stone loser but he's usually late to class, leaves early or doesn't come in...so I'm in for a chance if I lose next week. I want a big loss! WE CAN DO THIS!

We had our "biggest loser" last night, and I was a bit miffed.
The guy who won it had lost 3lb more than me - but he started over 2 years ago.
Surely, if it's an annual thing, it should be the person who's lost the most in the year?
If it hadn't been me who was the one who would otherwise have won, I'd have asked her about that, but because it was, I couldn't!

Anyway, yes. We both want a BIG loss this week, so we'll have to keep each other's noses to the grindstone.
WE CAN DO IT!

Yeah, that doesn't seem fair. The guy who is just 1lb ahead of me at the moment has been in our group for ages I think. I guess they just want to keep everyone motivated, even if their losses are slower.

I'm really pumped for a 100% week now! :D

Massive well dones to you on getting your 4 stone Shiney hun
smiley-signs088.gif

Thanks!

So I ended up not eating as much as I expected yesterday and only used up 3.5 syns. WIN!

Today

Lunch - 6 x krisprolls (B x2), soy cheese (A) courgette chutney (2 syns) and Redwoods thai fish cakes x 5 (5 syns)

Snack - Jelly (1/2 syn) and chocolate leaves x 3 (2.5 syns)

Dinner - Creamy tomato and veg pasta (A)

Drinks - squash and a wee bit of leftover diet pop

Syns - 10

Back