Hobbies to pass the s&s time

DarcyO

So the time I'm going to be spending on s&s ha got me thinking.

I'd imagine I will be on the plan around 6 months.

I work full time and have two beautiful daughters to fill up my time, but, when the girls are in bed, I find that to be my "weak" point.

I can happily relax with the hubby, watch tv, read a book, spend time on here etc - but I was thinking of getting a real hobby - one that will keep my mind occupied and stimulated. But I'm not too sure which route to go down?!?

I guess I'm looking for a little inspiration, does an one do something a little different? A hobby or an interest that keeps the voices from saying "Britain's got talent is on - go on - order a ******"

All ideas/suggestions welcome!!

Thanks

I do a bit of scrapbooking which keeps me busy, in particular I am working on "Project Life" at the moment (google Becky Higgins) , means I spend lots of time taking pics and getting them scrapped - deffinately a project to keep your hands busy, and relaxing in the evenings!!

Great thread. It's interesting to see how others cope.
I seem to be spending many evenings taking in waistbands that have become too large. And hemlines that now trail the floor since the bum and hips that held clothes up have reduced. I'm also spending time doing those girly things that I neglected before: painting my nails, doing hair, face and skin/body treatments. I go to the gym late afternoons/early evenings so that also seems to reduce the time that I would have had later on to twiddle my thumbs and fantasise about what to nibble on.

I do ceramics. It means leaving the house obviously to go to a session but then if you're back late, less time to snack :) Needle felting is fun too. Cheap to start up, cost you about £12 for a starter set and you can make stuff quite quickly.

I'm a compulsive knitter - loads of free patterns on Ravelry (which is also a very addictive forum). And if you can't knit, learn - my daughter recently learned by watching uTube vids and she sent me a gorgeous scarf for my birthday recently.

I knit and crochet for blythe, lati, and Pukifee Dolls and sell them, I actually make quite good money doing this, and def stops me munching

what about doing something like the body shop at home or avon, takes up your time and earns you money xx

add instagram to my latest hobby for wasting time lol...... can spend lotsss of time on there looking at my fav bloggers photos and taking snaps myself :) free and fun!

pjlucy said:
I knit and crochet for blythe, lati, and Pukifee Dolls and sell them, I actually make quite good money doing this, and def stops me munching

I just went on eBay to find out what those dolls are, are these for adults!!!!?!?!? They're a bit freaky! But strangely alluring! But some of them are £90!

9 lost : 58 to goal

Hi! How about yoga? I'm getting back into it to help with my weight loss. Used to do it for 30 mins an evening and got down to a small size 10 and had a toned 6 pack!!

Determined to get back there too. Plus it also relieves stresses of the day, I LOVE IT! :eek:

Hi! How about yoga? I'm getting back into it to help with my weight loss. Used to do it for 30 mins an evening and got down to a small size 10 and had a toned 6 pack!!

Determined to get back there too. Plus it also relieves stresses of the day, I LOVE IT! :eek:

size 10! i wish! makes me wanna do yoga lol xx

Ha ha! You can get there, we all can! It is really good, not a fast paced thing but really tones you. Give it a go :) x

Back