Hobnobsmummy's Diary

Today Hubbys uncle is having Biospy and then at the weekend 2 scans to see if cancer has spread, I feel physically sick.

Its totm this week and also with this horrible weather, we havent been anywhere apart from the post office a few times to post Ebay parcels, so exercise has been a bit rubbish!

Eating has been ok, could have been better. Weigh in tommorow..

Thinking of you hun, and hoping for good news x

Wow. What a Month May was. I hope June is a heck of a lot better!
Stress and illness galore.
Weight is staying off, but I havent weighed in for 2 weeks so im not really sure where im at. My weigh in day got changed to a tuesday and I confused myself after originally starting with Monday, then changing to a friday and now I think im back to Monday again. Confusing!
Ive lost count of what week im on and also havent logged into MFP for a week or so.
I'm not recording food and exercise all the while iv'e got this virus, Im not really eating properly or regularly enough. I cant swallow for starters! Stupid Tonsils.

So anyway, still no sign of Xen but we carry on regardless, trying our bestest!
Still moving house, still lot sof paperwork coming in and lots of stress, hope to be moved by my birthday at least! (August)

hope everyone is well, apologies for not being on here much but hope to change that now things are starting to settle a little bit with families and events going on.

Update -
So moving House fell apart..again. Our buyers decided on the day of Exchange that they didnt want to move to Kent anymore. Arseholes. Excuse my French.
Luckily we found a new buyer within a week, we had to take a 5K hit but it meant we got to keep our new house, we now hope to be moved by the middle of October.
My littleun has started playgroup just around the corner from our new house, I put her name down in the Spring, at the moment it is 2 bus journeys there and back (I dont drive) which is a bit frustrating as we were supposed to have moved in by now and then it would have been a 5 minute walk! Luckily I have a very nice FIL who takes us 2 mornings a week which really helps us out. Bus tickets are not cheap either.

I havent really "dieted" for a few months, we have had a lot going on. My GP put me on anti-depressants last month, but I havent started them yet, I know the main reason for depression is things in the past, and I cant change those, the other reason being my weight and health, and those I can change. Hence why I have opted for Orlistat again, to see if I can shift the weight now the stocks seem to be coming back in and I think I am now in a better frame of mind to do it, I have had a few health scares and I know being overweight wont help any health matter so its a shock into reality and a case of HAVING to lose weight rather than simply just Wanting to.

Life will always throw curveballs and always get in the way but I just have to work my way around it! and stay focused.

The GP weighed me at 116.3kg today, which is about 18st 4lbs. I am hoping to find a local pharmacy with scales so I can use them rather than the ones at home, they are a bit temperamental because we have wonky floorboards! if not then I will just have to wait 4 weeks till me next weigh in at the docs! :)

hobnobsmummy said:
Update -
So moving House fell apart..again. Our buyers decided on the day of Exchange that they didnt want to move to Kent anymore. Arseholes. Excuse my French.
Luckily we found a new buyer within a week, we had to take a 5K hit but it meant we got to keep our new house, we now hope to be moved by the middle of October.
My littleun has started playgroup just around the corner from our new house, I put her name down in the Spring, at the moment it is 2 bus journeys there and back (I dont drive) which is a bit frustrating as we were supposed to have moved in by now and then it would have been a 5 minute walk! Luckily I have a very nice FIL who takes us 2 mornings a week which really helps us out. Bus tickets are not cheap either.

I havent really "dieted" for a few months, we have had a lot going on. My GP put me on anti-depressants last month, but I havent started them yet, I know the main reason for depression is things in the past, and I cant change those, the other reason being my weight and health, and those I can change. Hence why I have opted for Orlistat again, to see if I can shift the weight now the stocks seem to be coming back in and I think I am now in a better frame of mind to do it, I have had a few health scares and I know being overweight wont help any health matter so its a shock into reality and a case of HAVING to lose weight rather than simply just Wanting to.

Life will always throw curveballs and always get in the way but I just have to work my way around it! and stay focused.

The GP weighed me at 116.3kg today, which is about 18st 4lbs. I am hoping to find a local pharmacy with scales so I can use them rather than the ones at home, they are a bit temperamental because we have wonky floorboards! if not then I will just have to wait 4 weeks till me next weigh in at the docs! :)

Welcome back Hun, I hope this move goes ok,
There are a few of us back on the tango train and the more the merrier as I say x

Start tablets tommorow, have had a few days of trying not to eat anything over the 5g fat rule, apart from the cornish pastie i had for lunch yesterday...doh.
I'm going to take 1 at dinner time for a few days and then start taking one at lunch and one at dinner, I also have to be careful because I am now on medication that I wasnt on the last time I took these tablets so have to be careful they dont react together.

Not been to the gym yet this week but hoping to go Zumba next Monday and Wednesday and maybe even Thursday morning go to the gym whilst Littlun is in playgroup as it is just round the corner from there and I dont come home whilst she is in playgroup as its 2 bus journeys away until we move house.

Excited about this weekend, going into London to the Cake and Bake show on Sunday and then in the evening going to The O2 to see Andrew Lloyd Webbers new ***** ****** Superstar, going to take my lunch with me on Sunday as then I know exactly what I am eating whilst up there.

That should be J*esus Chri*st Superstar...Ridiculous that you cant type J*esus...

So today been UBER good so far, I had 2 crumpets for breakfast and then we decided to take littlun out for some kite flying and a picnic, the kite flying didnt really work because it wasnt windy enough so we had a little walk round some woods and then had our picnic in the park. I made a salad with soem savoury rice and chicken, and then some little pots of fruit for each of us to have afterwards. it was delish!

Ive just popped into ASDA and bought some Prawns (very low in fat) and some chilli sauce, so I am going to make a prawn stir fry either tonight or on Monday, My tummy doesnt like Fish much so I am hoping I will be able to get away with the Prawns?

Also ordered the hairy bikers cookbook after everyone raving about it :) So hopefully have some nice low fat dinners to plan for next week.

Only thing I have slacked on today is my water intake, so I am going to amend that now we are home and have a few pints from now until bedtime. I need to buy some sports cap bottles, as I drank it a lot easier then.

Got my Hairy Bikers book! :) It turned up today, so will be having a look through that later :)
Today whilst littleun was in Playgroup I went to the library and found a REALLY good low fat recipe book, so ive taken note of a few recipes and will go and copy some more when she is next at playgroup. Really Yummy stuff! Just need my new house and a bigger kitchen (which it has) so that I can really get back into my baking and creating :)

Lovely day yesterday I went to Earls Court in London to the Cake and Bake show, I was very good girl and took my own sandwiches along and didnt have anything naughty whilst I was there :) (Cant really anyway, all full of Dairy!) Then came home, got changed, went straight back out back to London to The O2, to see ***** ****** Superstar. OMG not kidding you, best thing I have ever seen in my life. SO much Talent! Chris Moyles was hilarious as King Herod and Tim Minchins voice, well it just blew me away. Melanie C made me cry her voice was so beautiful and Ben Forster was a fantastic *****.

So I am very tired today, lots of walking yesterday means achey legs today!
We went to a place called Jimmys for dinner at The O2 last night, its a buffet kind of restaurant but they will cook things freshly for you, It does 4 different cuisines, I think they have one in Birmingham too. I had a yummy salad, with some rice and really nice roast chicken, I didnt have any puddings but did pinch a few of Hubbys chips :p

Oh I'm very jealous I really wanted to go to that show. I would have spent a fortune though.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kat I spent a tenner on the programme! lol x

The show sounds great - I really wanted to go but OH wasn't up for it. Well done for being good at Jimmy Spices.

I can't go to places like that as I have no self control. I used to love going to Cosmo's but i daren't anymore.

Sarah - I think it was more the fact that if I didnt eat sensibly I'd be tangoed! lol.
Busy day today, didn't manage to get to the gym but hopefully get there over the weekend whils tHubby is home to look after Littleun.

Not been feeling too great past few days, not sure if it is the tablets kicking in or what, but for a couple of months or so I have had pain in my left arm and armpit I went to see my GP 2 months ago and she said all seemed fine, no lumps and bumps and to check again in 3 months. So I have to go and check up on that in a week or so, feeling quite scared obviously you hear a lot about Breast Cancer and Lymph Node Cancer being related to arm pain.

She also warned me that taking the orlistat might worsen my depression, Have heard of this before on other webpages related to Orlistat, and I must say this week my temper has been a bit shorter. I will give the tablets time to settle down again, a month at least before deciding which is more important. I need them to help me lose the weight, to stay on the straight and narrow but at the same time I have done really well controlling my depression without anti-depressants, I dont want to worsen it so that I then need to start taking them too.

Had an ok few days with regards to food, could have eaten more veg and fruit and drank more water so that is what I am working on improving over the next few days.

Anyway enough of the rambling, time for beddy byes.x

Back